Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

PAGroove question

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

dogeddie
Above Average
Above Average

PAGroove question

Post by dogeddie »

I installed the PAGroove Stations oxp into my add ons folder. I started the game and the starting station I leave from doesn't really look any different. Any help? Playing vers 1.71.2

Do not all stations change?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

The OXP add new station types to the "pool" of stations that can appear. All the station OXPs work this way, otherwise you'd only ever see stations from one OXP. So it doesn't replace them it adds (If they didn't do this you could only have one type of OXP station in - which woudn't be as much fun!). With no OXPs installed they'll only be one type of Corollis / Dodec / Isho (the inbuilt one). A station OXP adds more types to the pool. So for example, with PA Groove's stations they'll be 5 types of Corollis, the Native one and the four new ones. That still means though that 20% of the Corollis stations will be the orginal ones. If you put in all the Station OXPs you'll have a lot of variety to the different types of stations you encounter. But some will still be the old faithful ones! :wink: Fly aroud to a few different systems and you should see some different types.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
dogeddie
Above Average
Above Average

Post by dogeddie »

Thanks - I'll keep looking!
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Well Littlebear was faster in his answer. Sorry, Switched my computer on later this evening. Came a bit tired home from work :oops:

But It works excactly as LB said. Beside my own OXP I added also the Gritty Coriolis and some other ones. Just fly around some systems and you should certainly see the new types. :D
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Since I installed the OXP I only visited a handful of systems (like four or five), but all of them had a Griff-station.