Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Pods OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

bob19 wrote:
Instructions:

Unzip the file, and then move the folder "Aquatics 1.01.oxp" to the AddOns directory of your Oolite installation. Then start the game up and the ships should be added.
From the pods readme file, yes I'm one of those and no I don't read eula's :)
Looks like I need to update my version of Aquatics.
Great work Thargoid looking forward to a big payday or not as the case may be.
Oops! :oops: Corrected version uploaded ;)
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

A final (for now) version of Pods is now available, with some new pods, both good and bad. Also some are available as UPS versions via the bolt-on, for use with Eric Walsh's UPS-Courier OXP (which needs to be installed - the cross-link is deliberate as it doesn't make much sense to have Pods-UPS without UPS Courier).

The pods added are fuel, missile, large capacity, empty, trumble (ok, so I succumbed), piggybank, jamming, retry, exploding (scoop) and exploding (hull-breaching).

Available via the wiki OXP page or the link below.

Editted to add - now including a late hidden bug-fix to the large capacity pods.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Found a bug in pods. The logfile says:
[script.javaScript.exception.22]: ***** JavaScript exception: TypeError: player.fuelLeakRate is not a function
[script.javaScript.exception.22]: /Applications/Spiele/Oolite 1.71.2/AddOns/Pods 1.00.oxp/Scripts/pods_fuelpod.js, line 20.
What it means is that in the pods_fuelpod.js-script you treated player.fuelLeakRate as if it was a function. But it is a property. So in order to set the leak rate you simply have to set it, not execute a function with an argument.

In other words, simply replace this

Code: Select all

player.fuelLeakRate(10);
with this

player.fuelLeakRate = 10;
and you'll be fine.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Thanks. File updated.

I think this (plus many other) OXP will need another tweak soon to make it 1.72 compatible (for the player.ship introduction), but that's for another day I think.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

...and that day is today.

v1.72 friendly version of both OXPs are now available from my wiki page (link below), although the UPS one won't work until a v1.72 version of UPS Courier is available.
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Well done matey, you're leading the way in updating OXP's to 1.72.

I'm slightly confused though, there are 10 OXP's under your name on your Wiki link and they all show requires either 1.71, 1.70 or 1.65, so which two have you updated?
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Sorry, should have been more clear. "Both" meant both Pods OXPs (the main one and the UPS add-on). Also on the wiki page, the requirements originally listed were the minimum requirements. I've amended the page to be more clear, and to also show which OXPs I've got around to checking/updating.

At the moment the V1.72 updated OXPs are Pods (both main and UPS addon OXPs, with the noted caveat that a new version of UPS-Courier is needed too for Pods-UPS), Aquatics, Traffic Control, Welcome Mat and Drones.

The others should fairly much work (with log warnings) except Missile Rack, which is giving problems with the like_ship/is_template issue. I'm ploughing through them though, and now feeling the pain of having been quite so prolific in producing OXPs :roll: :lol:
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Just found that I missed one of the scripts when I updated things for 1.72, so the ton type of large pods won't work properly (thanks Screet for the heads-up).

Anyway I've just made the correction and uploaded a new version, for anyone who has this OXP installed.

- = = Pods = = -

- = = Pods-UPS = = -
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Due to the error reported in the logs here with the awarding of cargo where it won't fit, I've updated both Pods and Pods-UPS to a new version with the check in place.

I've also taken the opportunity to alter the code for the trumble pod to prevent it possibly spoiling the inbuilt trumble mission.

Download either from the links in the post above, or via those in my sig. It also now needs v1.72 or above, didn't see the point in keeping v1.71 compatibility.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Just updated these pair of OXPs to v1.10.

Not much changed, just specifically set them all to scanClass CLASS_CARGO (rather than relying on the like_ship picking it up - leading apparently to some hostile cargo pods in some cases) and also added a few extra roles for cross-OXP compatibility.

Download Pods 1.10 and Pods-UPS from Box.net via those links or the ones below.
Ebi
Competent
Competent

Post by Ebi »

Hi Thargoid,

I get an error message saying:

[shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data...
  [plist.parse.foundation.failed]: Failed to parse ../AddOns/Pods 1.10.oxp/Config/shipdata.plist as a property list using Foundation. Retrying using homebrew parser. WARNING: the homebrew parser is deprecated and will be removed in a future version of Oolite.
Parse failed at line 107 (char 2568) - unexpected character (wanted ';' or '}')
    [plist.homebrew.parseError]: Property list isn't in XML format, homebrew parser can't help you.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Ebi wrote:
Hi Thargoid,

I get an error message saying:

[shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data...
  [plist.parse.foundation.failed]: Failed to parse ../AddOns/Pods 1.10.oxp/Config/shipdata.plist as a property list using Foundation. Retrying using homebrew parser. WARNING: the homebrew parser is deprecated and will be removed in a future version of Oolite.
Parse failed at line 107 (char 2568) - unexpected character (wanted ';' or '}')
    [plist.homebrew.parseError]: Property list isn't in XML format, homebrew parser can't help you.
I bet it are those trumbles again :P

Specially around the 107th they are very active.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Yup, it was indeed, damn things! :oops:

Corrected version uploaded, the roles on the trumblepod seem to have suffered somehow from a wandering quotation mark...
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

New version (1.11) of both OXPs now uploaded to box.net, to cure the script bug in the trumblepod (would be!) that was causing the rogue addition of cargo when it shouldn't.

Oh and as people seemed to prefer it to be a nicer OXP, I've toned down the role probabilities of some of the less nice ones...
Chrisfs
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Chrisfs »

Thanks Thargoid!,

Currently though, I'm under the gun to pay back a Black Monk loan, so the extra cargo has come in handy, I'll update after I pay back the loan.
:)