Aquatics OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Commander McLane wrote:
So why isn't it broadcasted on my system anymore, and I get the error instead?
No idea, but I must say I have still 1.00 installed and that still broadcasts to wide but gives no errors.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

The differences between 1.00 and 1.03 aren't that much:

1.01 - added the new AI for the bigger ships to stop them trying to dock and going splat into the station.

1.02 - minor tweaks to the shipdata.plist entries, see page 2 of this thread for details.

1.03 - script update for 1.72 compatability, which I guess you've probably done yourself anyway.

I'll see if I can reproduce and isolate the error and then work around it. It may be worth testing the original implementation too (Kaks's Kestrel & Falcon) so see if that's also affected, or if it's just the mangling I did on the code that's broken.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

OK, got it sorted. The problem ironically is the update for version 1.02, following McLane's own (very valid and good) recommendations about namings ;)

It was updating some of the roles and names to make them unique, but I missed doing it on a couple of places (for example in the sub-pleas part at the top of the script, and also in the shipdata.plist).

Anyway I've got a working version here. There's a couple of other little bits I want to do in this OXP, so I'll update it in the next few days.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

I've not had (and probably won't have) time to do the tweaks and expansion I want to do. So I've just corrected the script and plist, the other changes are for the future still.

-- == Download Aquatics v1.04 here == --