Is destruction the only way?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

hircus
Competent
Competent

Post by hircus »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
Funny when it's a large shipment you need a ship's safe the size of Fort Knox yet it still fits.
We can think of it as if it's commodities papers that are being traded, not the physical stuff itself, perhaps.
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

hircus wrote:
Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
Funny when it's a large shipment you need a ship's safe the size of Fort Knox yet it still fits.
We can think of it as if it's commodities papers that are being traded, not the physical stuff itself, perhaps.
No, Your save shrinks the stuff down.

Don't Panic: FSOneblin
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

hircus wrote:
After just one regular cargo haul (or it might have been two), I actually managed to land a very lucrative gold-carrying contract. 100k net profit!
:shock: :shock: :shock:

If you're not mistaken, or have tampered with your save-file, that sounds like a big, fat bug, and someone should look into it!

You have to build up a reputation for cargo hauling in order to get offered these lucrative contracts. Reputation means seven (7) successfully delivered contracts in the not too distant past. You never ever should get offered a valuables-contract of you've got less than these.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Commander McLane wrote:
If you're not mistaken, or have tampered with your save-file, that sounds like a big, fat bug, and someone should look into it!..You have to build up a reputation for cargo hauling in order to get offered these lucrative contracts. Reputation means seven (7) successfully delivered contracts in the not too distant past.
He has probably UPS installed. Successful UPS deliveries also increase the reputation.