Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

iPhone

Information, contacts and source code for ports to Linux, Windows, etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

I just got an iphone and it's fantastic. I'm no styleboy but just got the chance to lengthen my telephone subscription. I'm. Typing this message on my phone. Despite what people may say i'ts a phone with inovative functions. Better this than supporting M$$.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

HIGHLY debatable :P
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Cmd. Cheyd wrote:
HIGHLY debatable :P
:wink:
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

It's a good phone.
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

Oh, I agree. I just think Apple is every inch as evil (and maybe even more so) as Microsoft.
goran
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by goran »

Cmd. Cheyd wrote:
Oh, I agree. I just think Apple is every inch as evil (and maybe even more so) as Microsoft.

At least Apple is creative, innovative and their design is beautiful. :P
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

gorans wrote:
At least Apple is creative, innovative and their design is beautiful. :P
Well, at least Apple doesn't buy ISO committee votes! :twisted:
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

The iPhone is "Creative and Innovative"? ROFL... Tell that to OpenMoko.

As I said, I don't think MS is innocent by any means. I just don't put Apple any higher.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Having the I-phone for a few days I'm staggered at the power this little phone has. I can run Google Earth in full 3d at a phone. So if it can do that it also can run Oolite I think. So here's a chance to port :wink:
NigelJK
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NigelJK »

Ha Ha Ha, makes me laugh. I've watched both MS and Apple kill off the British computer industry by the simple expedient of copying every thing they did.

Last laugh belongs to Arm tho'.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

NigelJK wrote:
Ha Ha Ha, makes me laugh. I've watched both MS and Apple kill off the British computer industry by the simple expedient of copying every thing they did.

Last laugh belongs to Arm tho'.
Yeah, doesn't the iPhone use the ARM processor? Most smartphones do!
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
NigelJK
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NigelJK »

IIRC Arm processors are the most popular processors in the world. They go in everything from Washing machines, Camcorders and most modile phones.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

NigelJK wrote:
IIRC Arm processors are the most popular processors in the world. They go in everything from Washing machines, Camcorders and most modile phones.
modile? :wink:
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

pagroove wrote:
Having the I-phone for a few days I'm staggered at the power this little phone has. I can run Google Earth in full 3d at a phone. So if it can do that it also can run Oolite I think. So here's a chance to port :wink:
But try lying down on the bed with the phone upside down...

Nice stars... ;-)

You quickly learn to disable the tilt sensitivity thing when using google Earth..

Yes my Wife Got one now.,. Its still restricted though in every way... for example it cannot share images with anything but Iphones and PCs(or oyu have to transmit it via facebook),

But it cannot send the photo to a Sony Ericson for example over bluetooth.. Something all other Smart phones have been able todo for years (mine for example is about 4 years old)

You cannot plug it into Windows like you can with Sony Ericsson or Nokia and explore the memory with Explorer or some other path/file finding tool. and clean up all the stuff you do not want anymore..

still to many pitfalls and inconvenience issues for me to think that this phone as anything but a large Touch/screen that favours it.. because all the 3D stuff is not new to me..

I have had 3D games on this K800I for the past 4 years, and if Google Earth was written for it.. I could probably use that too..

i know for a fact that the Ipods "innovative" selector button was taken from an B&O design who in mundane usual Danish Fashion, did'nt care to register as a patent.. So UK you are not alone... Denmark is just as good at making good inventions that are then "borrowed" by the USA.

in fact a lot of inventions relies heavily on imported knowledge. which is usually just another term for industrial espionage ;-)

While the genius strokes that sole inventors sometimes come up with, are ignored by the larger companies or the inventor is presented with a ridicules offer that makes them reject their offer at all..

A firms attitude towards new stuff from out-house is usually not that good, only in house stuff works.

That for example happened to that dynamo radio inventor in UK.. He is one very bitter man towards the UK electromechanical industry.

The inventor of that Dyson vacuum cleaner did'nt have it to easy either.. As far as I know have it not been for some japanse investor, it might never have taken off..

The patent system is designed to be of such that it keeps down the little man and upholds the big cooperations.. Nothing new there..
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

This had me going for a moment, but unfortunately Elite is the company name rather than one of the speccie games they offer on the iPhone.

But may be of interest anyway for some of the other golden oldies, and who knows they may work out how to do Elite proper sometime.