Amen Brick's Megaships.oxp (v1.2) UPDATED!!

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

itoffshore
Poor
Poor

Still Errors

Post by itoffshore »

I fixed the other errors by cleaning up some deprecated code in FuelCollectorV0.06 & creating a blank /Models/Wreck1.dat, also Spiv2.dat to spiv2.dat in AAACrooks.oxp

I still receive the following error with only the Megaships OXP installed:

Code: Select all

[shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
  [plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse /home/.Oolite/AddOns/Amen Bricks Megaships.oxp/Config/shipdata.plist as a property list.
failed to parse as XML property list
  [shipData.load.shipyard.unknown]: ----- WARNING: the shipyard.plist entry "abYacht-Player" does not have a corresponding shipdata.plist entry, ignoring.
There does appear to be a corresponding plist entry however so I have no idea what's causing it ?
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Still Errors

Post by Eric Walch »

itoffshore wrote:
I fixed the other errors by cleaning up some deprecated code in FuelCollectorV0.06 & creating a blank /Models/Wreck1.dat, also Spiv2.dat to spiv2.dat in AAACrooks.oxp

I still receive the following error with only the Megaships OXP installed:

[plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse /home/.Oolite/AddOns/Amen Bricks Megaships.oxp/Config/shipdata.plist as a property list.
failed to parse as XML property list
  [shipData.load.shipyard.unknown]: ----- WARNING: the shipyard.plist entry "abYacht-Player" does not have a corresponding shipdata.plist entry, ignoring.
There does appear to be a corresponding plist entry however so I have no idea what's causing it ?
-The first error tells that the shipDada.plist is not correct. Most likely a typo somewhere in the data structure resulting in ignoring the plist.
-The second error is just a consequence of the first and can be ignored. It will fix itself after fixing the first error.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Eric Walch wrote:
-The first error tells that the shipDada.plist is not correct. Most likely a typo somewhere in the data structure resulting in ignoring the plist.
:wink: Funny and ironic...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
itoffshore
Poor
Poor

1 Error Left

Post by itoffshore »

I realised the first errors I received which were seemingly unrelated were from a bug in GNUstep not correctly showing where the errors actually originated from.

I uninstalled the Ubuntu Oolite 1.74.2 deb I got working with GNUStep 1.20.1 from debian's repos & removed GNUstep, then installed the 1.74.2 Oolite Automake package.

After changing the .dat filenames in shipdata.plist to be all lower case to match the files in /Models there is one bug left:

[shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "abBattleship" specifies no roles.
Eric Walch

Re: 1 Error Left

Post by Eric Walch »

itoffshore wrote:
After changing the .dat filenames in shipdata.plist to be all lower case to match the files in /Models there is one bug left:

[shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "abBattleship" specifies no roles.
This oxp is from 2008. At that time did Oolite not generate errors for this. The model was just never used. There are more bugs going on, because the title of this thread points to a version 1.2, but when downloading the link I get a version with a readme that says it is a version 1.1
Also the wiki uses 1.1 as newest version. So Amen might have fixed the bugs but never released it proper. The version currently on the wiki has a shipDaddy.plist* :wink: that is unloadable. Only windows can ignore the faulty plist structure and than either work with it or get corrupted by it. On the mac it does just not load. And on linux it also does not load as your log shows.

But there are more bugs as the spaces in a key like <key> has_energy_bomb </key> are significant making it a faulty key.

I moved the opx on the wiki from the sorted list to the list with problematic oxps

* shipDaddy = shipData
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Eric Walch wrote:
:wink: Funny and ironic...
only fair we have one of those to go w/ the more usual motherships!