could not be parsed?

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Tripsky
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

could not be parsed?

Post by Tripsky »

hey all,

i just found oolite, and it reawakened fond memories of playing elite on my c64 and really having no idea what was going on. i was only a youngin then

but now i'm a little older and am enjoying it immensely. the only problem i've come across is that some of the oxp's i've tried to install, namely randomhits.oxp, system_redux.oxp and missile analyser, don't work.

on the opening, spinning cobra screen, i get a message saying "requirements property list could not be parsed"

now, unless my computer is really lazy and 'parsed' is a typo, i have no idea what this means. which must show that i'm no programmer, either.

if anyone could help, i'd be very happy!

cheers!

did i mention i'm using a mac?
Commander Mysenses
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Devon, a backward little planet scourged by evil weather

Post by Commander Mysenses »

What version oolite are you using/
The newer OXPs do not work with v.1.65 stable release, only with the v.1.72 beta.
Tripsky
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by Tripsky »

*slaps forehead*

i thought i was using v1.7, but it turns out i'm not. such a fool i am! cheers for your help- everything is working beautifully now!
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

And, Tripsky, Welcome to The Friendliest Boards This Side of Riedquat!
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

[quote="Tripsky"]*slaps forehead*quote]

Hi matey, aah that old forehead slapping thing, I have a permanent handprint on mine.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"