Pirate Clan One

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

trapster
Average
Average

Post by trapster »

Thargoid wrote:
Greetings,

I had a similar problem with what sounds like a similar set-up (wifi, XP, IE7) and a kind soul had to slip me a copy of the zip file. It's maybe something a little more fundamental methinks?

If you can't send it let me know and I can pass the goodwill on.
My setup is vista sp1, ie7, wifi, tried firefox and that didnt work either so dunno what it is. have pm'd cmdr m but for some reason the message is stuck in outbox grrr. i'll try to pm you too see if i can get a pm to work - it's not been a great morning in the ooniverse thus far lol
Some say there may be life on other planets, I say KILL IT.....!
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Greetings,

Your PM will stay in your outbox until he has read it (whence it will witchspace into sent items), that's how they work on these human boards.

Anyway I have sent on the copy I received, which I hope should help you out.
trapster
Average
Average

Post by trapster »

Thargoid wrote:
Greetings,

Your PM will stay in your outbox until he has read it (whence it will witchspace into sent items), that's how they work on these human boards.

Anyway I have sent on the copy I received, which I hope should help you out.
Got it.....! Many thanks :D
Thanks to everyone who posted here too, I'll go and crank up oolite now with the new mods :D :D :D
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

I did read the pm (don't know why you still had it on the outbox), and have been trying to mail it to you, but the combination of week day, Hotmail and weak signal hasn't helped a bit... So much the better that you already got it, I was going to post that you should ask someone else with a better connection. :(
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
trapster
Average
Average

Post by trapster »

Cmdr. Maegil wrote:
I did read the pm (don't know why you still had it on the outbox), and have been trying to mail it to you, but the combination of week day, Hotmail and weak signal hasn't helped a bit... So much the better that you already got it, I was going to post that you should ask someone else with a better connection. :(
dunno why it was but it is in the sent box now lol. main thing is i got it, but thanks again for the help, it has been much appreciated. just playing now and managed to pick up one of those horrible little critters purring on my screen - i didnt buy whilst docked, i know better than that - he was floating around as cargo! - must be part of the realistic shipyards? as i've restarted from scratch i'll have to build up enough creds to get heat shielding quick and then FRY the sucker off lol. love the shaders, looks gr8!
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

trapster wrote:
managed to pick up one of those horrible little critters purring on my screen - i didnt buy whilst docked, i know better than that - he was floating around as cargo!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, you poor, poor young Jameson... Indeed, sometimes a few trumbles manage to survive their host ship's "accident" when chew through the metallic container's wall to eat the contents and, with a bang, suddenly find themselves floating in space.

These contaminated cargo wrecks can usually be identified as the trumbles are sucked out by the violent decompression but sometimes manage to cling to the edges before falling into hibernation... you should at least slow down enough to observe what you're scooping, so you can turn away in time if you see any of the buggers outside the container.
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

horrible little critters ... must be part of the realistic shipyards?
As x-ships is part of Realistic Shipyards and x-ships seems to have trumble-infected cargo in, could very well be :twisted:

Those trumbles aren`t as bad as they say, ask Captain Hesperus! I even resorted to strange forbidden arts to resurrect mine when it died :shock:

Have fun with your new pest pet

L
Amen Brick
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Amen Brick »

It be on the Wiki, it be! Aye!

Under the name Amen Brick's Pirate Clan One: The Blitzspears. I took the liberty of editing the name in the Realistic Shipyard wiki entry too, to stop confusion. (hope you don't mind)
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

I think your sig should read (replace the {}s with []s):

{url=http://uploading.com/files/CTQ4YDB4/Bli ... tml}Pirate Clan One: The Blitzspears{/url}

PS: Credo!
Amen Brick
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Amen Brick »

Credo indeed!

Be prepared, be vigilant, behave! :D
tinker
Deadly
Deadly

Post by tinker »

Got this in stderr today

Code: Select all

2008-09-03 11:19:49.641 oolite[6507] [universe.getShip.unknown]: Attempt to create ship of type "Hoodlum-player", but no such type could be found.
2008-09-03 11:19:49.699 oolite[6507] [universe.getShip.unknown]: Attempt to create ship of type "Hoodlum-player", but no such type could be found.
2008-09-03 11:19:49.724 oolite[6507] [universe.getShip.unknown]: Attempt to create ship of type "Hoodlum-player", but no such type could be found.
2008-09-03 11:19:50.249 oolite[6507] [universe.getShip.unknown]: Attempt to create ship of type "Hoodlum-player", but no such type could be found.
2008-09-03 11:19:50.363 oolite[6507] [universe.getShip.unknown]: Attempt to create ship of type "Mugger-player", but no such type could be found.
2008-09-03 11:19:50.381 oolite[6507] [universe.getShip.unknown]: Attempt to create ship of type "Mugger-player", but no such type could be found.
2008-09-03 11:19:50.432 oolite[6507] [universe.getShip.unknown]: Attempt to create ship of type "Hoodlum-player", but no such type could be found.
2008-09-03 11:19:50.480 oolite[6507] [universe.getShip.unknown]: Attempt to create ship of type "Hoodlum-player", but no such type could be found.
This looks like a case problem as all the player ships in shipdata.plist have -Player as key.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

@tinker:

This could be another Realistic Shipyards case sensitivity problem.

Would you care to have a look for me on your system how the names are written in:

1. AAACrooks shipdata.plist

2. AAACrooks shipyard.plist

3. Realistic Shipyards shipyard.plist

If 1. and 3. don`t fit together it`s RS that produces that on Linux systems.

Thanks again for your Linux help, tinker, btw :D

L
tinker
Deadly
Deadly

Post by tinker »

Damn I thought I had checked those files, must be getting brainburnt from these case errors.

You were as ever correct Realistic Shipyards shipyard.plist was the cause, There are 4 ships

Code: Select all

<key>Mugger-Player</key> 
<key>Spiv-Player</key>
<key>Assassin-Player</key>
<key>Hoodlum-Player
all together, almost at the end of the file.

Interestingly the Scoundrel-Player was correct.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Damn Linux case errors! :?

Change the Realistic Shipyard`s shipyard.plist`s names to exactly match the AAACrooks shipdata.plist ones ... and all will work as intended.

*notes on enormous list for Oolite Ships Extension V1.0* :shock:

Thanks ...

L
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

This has nothing to do with Linux. Ship keys are not file names.