Behemoth update

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Last week I noticed the custom commodity.plist did not work for the behemoth. It is probably already broken since the 2.0 release with the second ship type. I now uploaded now a corrected version as Behemoth 2.5.2. This can be downloaded from the wika at the Behemoth download page
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

While playing I got a message of a missing "behemoth-nimrod" in the log. :?

I never saw this error before, but looking in the oxp, I noticed the nimrod indeed had the wrong role. C&P error. Looking back in my originals I noticed this bug was already present in Aegidians first release that contained this ship. Strange such a bug stays that long unnoticed.

Anyhow, a new version 2.5.4 with this bug corrected is available at the Behemoth download page
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Problem with behemoth (the version by Eric Walch)

Post by UK_Eliter »

I docked in a behemoth in interstellar space. And then I couldn't launch - other controls worked, but F1 did not. And I had the following in the log.

[exception]: ***** Exception in pollDockedControls [undock]: NSRangeException : Index 0 is out of range 0 (in 'objectAtIndex:')
[exception]: ***** Exception in pollDockedControls [undock]: NSRangeException : Index 0 is out of range 0 (in 'objectAtIndex:')
[gameController.exitApp]: .GNUstepDefaults synchronized.

I've got Behemoth 2.5.4, and BehemothSpacewar 1.2.3.oxp, and Oolite 1.74.1.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Behemoth update

Post by cim »

I saw a minor log error today with Behemoth 2.6

12:00:06.941 [ai.load.failed.unknownAI]: Can't switch AI for <ShipEntity 0x7f49c8a9b7d0>{"Naval Asp Mark II-a"} from behemothFighterDockingAI.plist:NEXT_TARGET to "route1PatrolAI.plist" - could not load file.

behemoth 2.6.oxp/AIs/behemothFighterDockingAI.plist has a few references to "route1PatrolAI.plist" which should presumably read "route1patrolAI.plist"
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

cim wrote:
behemoth 2.6.oxp/AIs/behemothFighterDockingAI.plist has a few references to "route1PatrolAI.plist" which should presumably read "route1patrolAI.plist"
Thanks. You probably are on linux, as windows and macs are not that case sensitive with filenames. :)
I've fixed it now locally and it will be in a future update.
Rorschachhamster
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rorschachhamster »

Hey! I just had a Behemoth Type 21 without texture (the red green thing). Posted that as well on the thread for thenew OXP from spara, as it never happened before...
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

Eric Walch wrote:
[. .] thanks to the new AI debugging tool from Ahruman [..]
I can't seem to locate (a mention of) that tool. What/where is it, please? I might find it useful. Cheers.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

There is a naming conflict in the oxp.

Shipdata.plist says "behemoth-Colossus" and behemoth.js says "behemoth-colossus". Changing behemoth.js to say "behemoth-Colossus" should fix it and break nothing.
Sorry for the false alarm, nothing wrong here. I must have been tired. :(
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Error report:
23:52:09.226 [ai.load.failed.unknownAI]: Can't switch AI for <ShipEntity 0xfc03cd0>{"Naval Asp Mark II-a"} from behemothFighterDockingAI.plist:NEXT_TARGET to "route1PatrolAI.plist" - could not load file.
t
Looks like a case error. Should be route1patrolAI.plist.