Pirate Clan One OXP - The Blitzspears -

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Amen Brick
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Amen Brick »

Okayyyyy. V.1.1

Everyone centered
engine trails in right place
right size
Better skin for Spiv
syntax unified.
Clan given name: Blitzspears

Only thing missing is external views, for some reason. I had them on the first resize but not the second. Tried fuggering about with values, but nada.
Pirate Clan One: The Blitzspears
Last edited by Amen Brick on Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Hi Amen Brick,

have you thought about putting your new oxp onto the wiki here:

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/OXP

:?:

A good idea, if you want it to be found!
Amen Brick
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Amen Brick »

Yeah, I'm waiting until I have more time so I can register myself. :) Also been trying to solve megaships probs. :)
Amen Brick
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Amen Brick »

Now up on the Wiki! Boy, was that hard (I'm going to go insane learning to program. Wish both my hemispheres worked equally well. Ah, never mind).

Checked the link and it works.

Gave it its final final name, which is Amen Brick's Pirate Clan One: The Blitzspears (v1.0). Also edited the Realistic Shipyard entry to say that so it's easier to find. Pleased I randomly chose a user name beginning with A.

Now, to finally get Megaships finished. (Damn you Oolite and Oblivion! Damn you to hell!)
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Amen Brick wrote:
Gave it its final final name, which is Amen Brick's Pirate Clan One: The Blitzspears (v1.0). Also edited the Realistic Shipyard entry to say that so it's easier to find.
Thanks mate! :D

Looking forward to your megaships ...

Keep up the good work :wink:

L
Amen Brick
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Amen Brick »

Now on better file host.
tinker
Deadly
Deadly

Post by tinker »

Came across a small error today.

Code: Select all

2008-08-24 09:51:54.631 oolite[7660] [universe.getShip.unknown]: Attempt to create ship of type "Scoundrel-player", but no such type could be found.
2008-08-24 09:51:54.844 oolite[7660] [universe.getShip.unknown]: Attempt to create ship of type "strut-player", but no such type could be found.
Had 5 of each error but no point in pasting them all here, looks like a case error, shipdata.plist has <key>Scoundrel-Player</key> but I cannot find strut-player. Is it safe to assume that changing the P to p in shipdata.plist will cure one of the errors? and where is strut-player?
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

I believe strut-player is found in illicit-unlock.oxp.
tinker
Deadly
Deadly

Post by tinker »

I would bow to your superior knowledge, but I do not have illicit-unlock.oxp, nor have I ever had it.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

tinker wrote:

2008-08-24 09:51:54.631 oolite[7660] [universe.getShip.unknown]: Attempt to create ship of type "Scoundrel-player", but no such type could be found.
2008-08-24 09:51:54.844 oolite[7660] [universe.getShip.unknown]: Attempt to create ship of type "strut-player", but no such type could be found.
Both are in RS (shipyard.plist), but they don't have a corresponding entry in shipdata.plist.

For the first one (if Amens AAACrooks.oxp is installed) it will fix the problem to correct the typo (P instead of p). But for the strut-player - simply delete the entry in shipyard.plist or comment it out.
tinker
Deadly
Deadly

Post by tinker »

For the first one (if Amens AAACrooks.oxp is installed) it will fix the problem to correct the typo (P instead of p).
AAAcrooks.oxp is installed (it is listed as a dependency for RS)the shipdata.plist has <key>Scoundrel-Player</key> which is incorrect I think.

I read somewhere that the later alphabatically an oxp is then it will overide things defined before it, in this case as RS begins ZZZ it will replace the correct <key>Scoundrel-Player</key> with <key>Scoundrel-player</key>, so I should correct the RS shipyard.plist as well as notifying Lestradae so he can put it on the todo list for the next version.
Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Cmdr James »

This is one of the things that makes me very uncomfortable about using the alphabet to control loading order, and especially trying to game the system by naming an OXP ZZZsomething. It encourages people to play an alphabetical arms-race. Why not name your RS patch ZZZZscoundrel.oxp :P
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Cmdr James wrote:
Why not name your RS patch ZZZZscoundrel.oxp :P
ZZZRShitsadder.oxp, ZZZRSmongoose.oxp and some more of them will follow shortly... :shock: :shock:
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Cmdr James wrote:
This is one of the things that makes me very uncomfortable about using the alphabet to control loading order, and especially trying to game the system by naming an OXP ZZZsomething. It encourages people to play an alphabetical arms-race. Why not name your RS patch ZZZZscoundrel.oxp :P
You’re welcome to implement a dependency system. I suggest “must-load-after” and “should-load-before” keys in requires.plist. The basic logic for this type of dependency management is already implemented in OOOXPVerifier.m. :-)
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

If you're in this area, also how about a "requires <an.other> OXP" type thing in requires.plist for dependencies between OXPs? For example via a specific identifier key that each OXP should have set in a suitable file (to get over using things like folder names, which would vary between versions)?