Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Which station?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

That recessed docking bay is so cool! I can almost imagine there being a Spacer's Bar with windows looking out over the docking slot so veteran Spacers can laugh at the abortive attempts of various Jamesons trying to dock, more experienced pilots can see which ships they would like to upgrade to and bounty-hunters looking out for infamous criminals' ship entering the docks.

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

CaptKev wrote:
Another texture for Griff's dodo model (work in progress)

Awesome! :D
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Capt Kev!
Excellent! Looks Like we could add a new variant.

If you upload it (when It's ready) we will include it and credit you in the Readme and on the Wiki What is the name and the history behind it? Then I can include that also in the station backgrounds on the WIKI of ther Standard station textures! 8)
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Concerning Griff trader outpost as far as I can see in the wiki now there is only the version without the ads and it is not included in the dockable objects section so it is pretty difficult for someone new to the game to find it.

Without this post it would be impossible to locate the version with the ads in order to download it.

It is a shame that original version with the ads is so difficult to be found, it is such a nice station.

Griff can you have both versions in the wiki or if you intend to keep only the version without the ads as an addon may I suggest giving the one with ads as a replacement to the constores of Dr Nil PutYourAdHere oxp (as long as Dr Nil wants it). Maybe you can create some variants with deferent ads in order to replace all the sets. It would be such a waste if the original version with the ads becomes obsolete.