GRS buoyRepair.oxp

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Commander McLane wrote:
Okay. Done.

I guess I have missed some. So if anybody has any additions, feel free to put them in, or contact me.
Good choices for the reserved target characters McLane. I had a number of 5 in mind so also add the obvious X to the moving target list. And probably one of the special characters Ahruman mentioned.

From your list I now read that the M from our GRS-factory is on the special list as "Mark". I agree with that and will rename the station to G in the next release. I choose the M way before Svengali designed its GRS station and the name was given. Now a G also would be more logical for the station.

Yesterday I reworked the position of the station from a fixed to a random location around the planet that is still visible from the space lanes. Always the same spot for a certain system but different in each system. I also changed code so shuttles always launch on the surface beneath the station and special ships find the station and head for the right direction for every random station location.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

In the not-too-far future, P and I will probably be used for "Planetary Beacon" and "Interstellar Beacon" by the Solar Systems oxp.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

As Eric has mentioned we are 'reworking' a little bit(s)...
We are not sleeping...
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Yes!!! 8)
Great!
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

Nice! The other day, when I launched, I saw a buoy being pulled. Then a few secants later, BAM! It really works! How many days did you non-stop work on the script, 10? You guys are awesome, like metal gear!

Don't panic, and have some caffein, you will need it: FSOneblin
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

FSOneblin wrote:
How many days did you non-stop work on the script, 10? You guys are awesome, like metal gear!..Don't panic, and have some caffein, you will need it: FSOneblin
Yes, the first two days after 1.71 release I made only one single hyper-space jump to verify the W-buoy replacement worked in 1.71. I was only busy getting the launches working right with the 1.70 release. The first days I didn't make time to evaluate the really new things in 1.71. The new bug of ships crashing into buoys was very welcomed by us, but it also forced us to act quickly: The oxp had to be released before the bug was fixed in a new oolite edition.

This mend we released it with still some minor bugs in it. Now there is time to sort things out. Svengali perfected the station. I made the station location pseudo random. Since yesterday I have the code to really control the orientation towards the planet. In the current release orientation is only fixed because the location was fixed.

We only found one real bug in the current release, but till now nobody has told us about it. One other bug is in oolite itself. Ships launched by role have scanclass set to "NOT_SET", should be "NEUTRAL". Both are represented by yellow dots, but hitting the first with a laser does not count as offence. (Little Bear noticed the same with his spacebar). Setting scanclass in Shipdata caused harmless errors reports on window systems about "infinite speed".
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Eric Walch wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
Okay. Done.

I guess I have missed some. So if anybody has any additions, feel free to put them in, or contact me.
Good choices for the reserved target characters McLane. I had a number of 5 in mind so also add the obvious X to the moving target list. And probably one of the special characters Ahruman mentioned.
X is reasonable. I've added it. As far as the special characters are concerned, what about the +? Similar to an X and neutral, so you don't have to look for a special name for your target.

And, of course, we are not limited to the characters mentioned in the wiki. Quite the opposite. If a character is not mentioned in the wiki, chances are that it is yet unused, so it will be safe to use it.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

As seen in the pic above - a new version (v1.01.4) is online.

For some reasons GalCop refuses to sell whole starsystems - so we may need some more credits. Grab it, destroy some more buoys and support our (dubious) business policies... hehehe.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

The ship and the station look fantastic - hope my PC/gfx card can cope!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
The ship and the station look fantastic - hope my PC/gfx card can cope!
Thanks DaddyHoggy. The look and feel is just one side of the medal. More important is the other side - Eric's superb scripting. He has done really well thought things. That's script-arts, but you won't notice it on the first look, until you see it in action. We have had a lot of fun while creating this sweety and we hope that all users will have some fun too.

But for the performance thing. There are two versions online. One with the new and more detailed station and the second with the old station in it. The difference is - apart from Erics very cool script tweaks - that the station has some more vertices/faces. So if you run into performance trouble - try the second (older) version.

And the ship is the Vector and not included in the buoyRepair.oxp.

BTW: This oxp has some 'easter eggs'. You only have to find it - and you'll be surprised. :-)

EDIT: v1.01.5 is online. Added some lines in the docking bay for better orientation...
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Yesterday I was quite "busy" around a main station. Somehow I, errm..., "lost" all my Q-mines over a short period of time, if you know what I mean, and the lasers were glowing hot as well. :twisted:

As you can imagine, the consequences were quite devastating for the navigation buoy (as for everybody else around, for that matter), so they got replaced a couple of times. - Or, at least some tug-ships tried to replace them, but somehow lost their freight on the short way from the station to nine kilometers in front of it. :twisted: I guess you get the picture.

Anyway, when I finally had run out of Q-mines I had a look into my logfile, and saw this:
[buoyRepair]: adding repairBuoyTuggerN to launch queue
[buoyRepair]: Adding GRS Armadillo PH37 with role repairBuoyTuggerN and towing a Navigation Buoy
[buoyRepair]: Replaced: repaired-GRS-buoy
[buoyRepair]: Adding GRS Armadillo PH37 with role repairBuoyTugger and towing nothing.
[buoyRepair]: Adding GRS Armadillo DG99 with role repairBuoyTuggerN and towing a Navigation Buoy
[buoyRepair]: Adding GRS Armadillo DG95 with role repairBuoyTuggerN and towing a Navigation Buoy
[buoyRepair]: GRS Armadillo PH37 was killed by a Imperial Courier, because of energy damage
[buoyRepair]: GRS Armadillo DG95 was killed by a Imperial Courier, because of energy damage
[buoyRepair]: Adding GRS Armadillo NL94 with role repairBuoyTuggerN and towing a Navigation Buoy
[buoyRepair]: GRS Armadillo NL94 was killed by a Imperial Courier, because of energy damage
[buoyRepair]: Adding GRS Armadillo RF51 with role repairBuoyTuggerN and towing a Navigation Buoy
[buoyRepair]: GRS Armadillo RF51 was killed by a Imperial Courier, because of energy damage
[buoyRepair]: Ship was towing a: Navigation Buoy
[buoyRepair]: ship towing a N-beacon died
[script.javaScript.warning.162]: ----- JavaScript warning: reference to undefined property system.shipsWithPrimaryRole(buoyRole)[0]
[script.javaScript.warning.162]: /Applications/Spiele/Oolite 1.71.2/AddOns/buoyRepair1.01.4.oxp/Scripts/buoyRepairShip.js, line 76.
[script.javaScript.exception.39]: ***** JavaScript exception: TypeError: buoy has no properties
[script.javaScript.exception.39]: /Applications/Spiele/Oolite 1.71.2/AddOns/buoyRepair1.01.4.oxp/Scripts/buoyRepairShip.js, line 77.
[buoyRepair]: GRS Armadillo was killed by a Imperial Courier, because of energy damage
[buoyRepair]: Ship was towing a: Navigation Buoy
[buoyRepair]: ship towing a N-beacon died
[script.javaScript.warning.162]: ----- JavaScript warning: reference to undefined property system.shipsWithPrimaryRole(buoyRole)[0]
[script.javaScript.warning.162]: /Applications/Spiele/Oolite 1.71.2/AddOns/buoyRepair1.01.4.oxp/Scripts/buoyRepairShip.js, line 76.
[script.javaScript.exception.39]: ***** JavaScript exception: TypeError: buoy has no properties
[script.javaScript.exception.39]: /Applications/Spiele/Oolite 1.71.2/AddOns/buoyRepair1.01.4.oxp/Scripts/buoyRepairShip.js, line 77.
Just want to let you know.
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

The logging was a mistake from our side. It was in version 1.01.4 That was only one day on line. It is corrected in version 1.01.5.

It is just a logging facility we build in for our own testing. You can download version 1.01.5 or open the "buoyRepair.js" script and alter "this.logging" from true to false. (Or other people can put it on when they want

---
But more concrete to the error itself. Yes, this was never anticipated.

the code is:

Code: Select all

system.legacy_addSystemShips(buoyRole, 1, 20)
let buoy = system.shipsWithPrimaryRole(buoyRole)[0];
In the first line I add the ship and the second line generates the error because there is no ship. I trusted the ship would be there, but in your case the ship is killed by an q-bomb and as response it drops its subentity (the buoy) in the middle of the blastfield.

I'll probably correct this in the future so it will not generate the error. For now it has no real effect because the buoy is not there in the first place.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

v1.01.6 is online.

Eric has made some changes, so the harmless error message shouldn't be there anymore. Thanks McL :-).

BTW: Has anybody found one (or more) of the easter-eggs? Tip: Sometimes you have to think big...
Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Cmdr James »

I am running 1.01.6 of buoy repair, and I think there is still something wrong:

Code: Select all

Warning (strict mode): reference to undefined property worldScripts.buoyRepair.grsStation
    Active script: "buoyRepairShip" 1.01
    buoyRepairShip.js, line 137:
        this.ship.target = worldScripts.buoyRepair.grsStation.ID
Exception: TypeError: worldScripts.buoyRepair.grsStation has no properties
    Active script: "buoyRepairShip" 1.01
    buoyRepairShip.js, line 137:
        this.ship.target = worldScripts.buoyRepair.grsStation.ID

I have way more logging on than normal, and I am running some non-standard oolite changes, but I think this is a real problem with the scripts, as opposed to something I broke in oolite. I get the error approximately every 10 seconds while docked.

EDIT: and when flying around, not just when docked.

But only in systems which have a buoy factory. I was at Telale actually, which had a factory.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Yep, there should be an “if (worldScripts.buoyRepair.grsStation)” test there. Also, the copyright statement shouldn’t say “© 2008 the Oolite team.” :-)