GRS buoyRepair.oxp

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Micha
Commodore
Commodore

Re: GRS buoyRepair.oxp

Post by Micha »

Just tested out the unfolding buoy - very pretty.

Might -almost- make sense for the Armadillo to tow the folded-up buoy all the way to the deployment spot, and for the buoy to only start unfolding after it's been deployed. Ditto for the Witchspace buoy.
The glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

Micha wrote:
Might -almost- make sense for the Armadillo to tow the folded-up buoy all the way to the deployment spot, and for the buoy to only start unfolding after it's been deployed. Ditto for the Witchspace buoy.
Definitely! Some stations are like the Salvager's asteroid from Anarchies OXP and have long entrance/exit tunnels...wouldn't want the buoy to unfold while in them!
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Switeck wrote:
Some stations are like the Salvager's asteroid from Anarchies OXP and have long entrance/exit tunnels...wouldn't want the buoy to unfold while in them!
Surely the only stations where this would happen would be at the GRS Factories?
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Switeck wrote:
Definitely! Some stations are like the Salvager's asteroid from Anarchies OXP and have long entrance/exit tunnels...wouldn't want the buoy to unfold while in them!
As a luck, the AI is frozen during launch, and the "LAUNCHED OKAY" message only is send after the end of the docking tunnel. So, that part would not be a problem. However, there is another quirk I didn't think off.

Currently only the special ships with an N-buoy on board start with an folded buoy. For the version with a plain buoy that also has a 'trader' role, I started with a unfolded buoy and that starts folding when entering the planet aegis, so that when asking for docking permission, the ship will have the size of the docking port. However, I forgot that those ships can also be selected as launching trader on main stations. There the launch will still be blocked. (Only noticeable for those that look regularly at the log-file).
It does mean that I also should start with folded buoys for them. And as it does not look good when only flying with folded buoys, I should inflate them shortly after arriving in the system.

So a version 1.3.2 is on its way soon to get rid of the last bit of minor trouble. (early next year?)
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

v1.3.2 is online.

Changes:
- Added fuelships to pirate-victim-roles.plist
- Fix for scriptInfo in buoyRepairCable.js
- Corrected apostrophes in descriptions.plist
- Renamed texture grs_bay_shadow.png -> grs_bay.png and changed materials entry (model uses already grs_bay.png)
- Some more texture tweaks
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

I hope that this is the right place to report that this fine expansion pack, in its latest () OXZ version, has a problem. To wit (and from the log):

Code: Select all

shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "grs_cobra3_redux1" specifies non-existent model "cobra3_redux1.dat".
I've looked inside the OXZ, and it does indeed contain no model called 'cobra3_redux1.dat'. Nor does Oolite. Oolite does, though, have a model called 'cobra3_redux.dat'. (Or at least all this holds of the trunk version of 1.8 that I am using . . I hope it is not my using trunk that is causing the problem.)
tinker
Deadly
Deadly

Post by tinker »

This is not a problem with this Addon, it does affect several that use the cobra3_redux1.dat which seems to MIA again. The workaround in OXP's is to copy the cobra3_redux.dat model, and texture unless the OXP does a reskin job, to the OXP and rename it to match the missing model.

With an OXZ though I think you have a problem doing that unless you know a way to edit compressed files.
Semper Dissimilis
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

tinker wrote:
This is not a problem with this Addon, it does affect several that use the cobra3_redux1.dat which seems to MIA again. The workaround in OXP's is to copy the cobra3_redux.dat model, and texture unless the OXP does a reskin job, to the OXP and rename it to match the missing model.
Eh? Sorry, I don't understand you. The main problem is that I don't understand what you mean by 'MIA'. Sorry.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

UK_Eliter wrote:
tinker wrote:
Eh? Sorry, I don't understand you. The main problem is that I don't understand what you mean by 'MIA'. Sorry.
That would be "Missing In Action". i.e. - can't be found.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

A few weeks ago I had already had seen the report of

Code: Select all

shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "grs_cobra3_redux1" specifies non-existent model "cobra3_redux1.dat".
As I suspected that this was because of the new models in Oolite, I started to update this OXP that uses some of the old textures. But, after updating I noticed that the old textures are still present in the new Oolite version and I skipped the updating. With this, I think I will do a release with a few minor changes.

Currently I use 2 enlarged versions of old coreships that use the external docks. Those old models look bad now, so probably I will lower their chance of appearing, or remove them completely.
Wolfsstar BH
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Wolfsstar BH »

A little problem.
The advanced space compass has the "g" symbol but the name shown is that of the main station.
I'm not sure weather this is just on my set-up or if it is more widespread?
Any idea why this happens.

P.S. the problem shows up in "Oolite 1.80" and "Oolite 1.81"