Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Screenshots

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Screenshots

Post by Selezen »

Nom Nom Nom.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

New BGS icons in trunk by Svengali
OneoftheLost
Deadly
Deadly

Post by OneoftheLost »

bah! quit teasing me with 1.77 and just release it already! :p

Looks great! :mrgreen:
Profile: Commander Kolt
Ship: Cobra III - Longinus V
Elite Rating:Poor
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

OneoftheLost wrote:
There's nothing to stop you installing it alongside your 1.76.1 Oolite. :mrgreen:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Diziet Sma wrote:
OneoftheLost wrote:
There's nothing to stop you installing it alongside your 1.76.1 Oolite. :mrgreen:
As I have done! :-)

Both are working perfectly - no errors in either and no crashes either!

:-)
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Diziet Sma wrote:
There's nothing to stop you installing it alongside your 1.76.1 Oolite.
Yep... but it's hard to split game-time between the two. I have both installed, but all my game-time is spent in trunk these days. Of course, the usual caveats do apply to using trunk... it may be broken occasionly, or do strange things. It's great to play in, but you find yourself always looking for any anomalies, which can be distracting (like this afternoon, when instead of running my usual illicit cargo, I found myself chasing sunspots).

Back to screenshots: it would appear that Reesdice's sun has a distant companion... sweet!

I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

El Viejo wrote:
Diziet Sma wrote:
There's nothing to stop you installing it alongside your 1.76.1 Oolite.
Yep... but it's hard to split game-time between the two. I have both installed, but all my game-time is spent in trunk these days.
Likewise.. Trunk is solid enough currently that I now spend all my game-time there.. mostly for the sexy lasers, plumes, star-fields and witchspace effects..
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
OneoftheLost
Deadly
Deadly

Post by OneoftheLost »

I just can't bring myself to play something that isn't a stable release. I have no idea if my selection of OXP's will work, I don't know if my save will transfer, I have no idea if my computer won't just keel over at the new effects.. etc. etc.

Best not to chance it until someone waves the ol' wand and releases it! :mrgreen:
Profile: Commander Kolt
Ship: Cobra III - Longinus V
Elite Rating:Poor
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

I have virtually the same selection of OXPs installed in trunk as I do stable. (except, of course, for OXPs which are currently trunk-only) All told, some 180 OXPs, :shock: and there are no problems.

So far as transferring your game-save goes, Oolite ignores anything in a save-file that it doesn't understand, this is how you can uninstall an OXP and not have to worry about the entries for it that still exist in your game-save. When I began testing trunk I made a back-up copy of my current game-save before starting, but I'm not really worried that the trunk-save-game will become incompatible with stable.

As for keeling over from the new effects, didn't you say you have a shiny new computer? :mrgreen:
It should handle it fine, if I can run them all on a 10-year-old AMD machine with 2.5GB of RAM and an old 512MB GeForce 6200 card. :P

Give it a shot.. the trunk install is totally separate from the stable install, and they don't interfere with each other. Worst comes to worst, you can always uninstall it.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

OneoftheLost wrote:
I just can't bring myself to play something that isn't a stable release. I have no idea if my selection of OXP's will work, I don't know if my save will transfer, I have no idea if my computer won't just keel over at the new effects.. etc. etc.
I do an all-out-test of trunk (currently using revision 5188) and run nearly all oxps in existence at the same time - it's more than half a thousand (515) currently, not just puny 180 like Diziet Sma :lol:

My normal game play is with trunk these days. I do backup my savegames regularly though in case something goes wrong. It hasn't so far - actually Oolite is running more stable in current trunk than ever before since I started playing 5 (or 6?) years ago.

Just try it out, alongside 1.76 Oolite. It will more depend on your computer than on trunk if it works imo.

Hope that helps.
Tichy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tichy »

I liked the pose and colours of those "racers" :)

cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Diziet Sma wrote:
but I'm not really worried that the trunk-save-game will become incompatible with stable.
You should be... All you'll lose at the moment is local contract offers and whatever marked systems you have from missions if you go from trunk to 1.76, but some other day it might be more inconvenient things. Later release versions will always - bugs aside - be able to read save games from earlier release versions, but that's all. There has been at least once this release cycle where a trunk nightly would not be able to fully read a save game generated by last week's trunk nightly...
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Ok.. thanks.. I can live with that..

and I do have a game-save backup to fall back on, even if I lose some progress.
Solonar
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Solonar »

I decided to take a hiatus from the bounty hunter and assassin scene, so I got a Takina CX-1 Cruiser to try my hand at mercantile. I rather like the ship and the change of lifestyle, so I decided to paint up my new cruiser in the Esceso crest colors.

A profile shot of my new painted up cruiser featuring the name plate. I have christened her "Forgotten Sun"

And another displaying the crest color paint job.

This pose features the Esceso crest plate I put on either side of the ship. House of Esceso, loud and proud!

A front view of the ship featuring the red hand just above the forward laser mount. How did that get there?! It is a reminder that I am a member in good standing of the Assassin Guild of Galaxy 7 and that I may get the call to return to the death life at any time. Officially I would deny this of course, saying only that some jerk stuck his hand in a bucket of red paint and slapped it on my ship after the paint job was finished.

There she is, the Forgotten Sun painted up in Esceso crest colors.

SolarTech proudly presents the Plasma Turret Regulator Device Apparatus, aka the Turret Toggler
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Great paint job! :D I like it.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709