Screenshots

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

CptnEcho wrote:
gogz69 wrote:
Cobra MkIII as a pirate variant?
Nice HUD! 8)
Thank you, your most welcome. ^.^
Further reading and links in case you wish to download.
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?t=4805
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Discussion split to Griff vs. Triangles.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

The Borg are about to assimilate every living entity on this poor planet. Featuring the now famous Ahruman's cube with normal mapping, coming in v1.73 (textures from http://www.filterforge.com/filters).
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

It gets better and better!
Isn't that a Thargoid Hive Cube?
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

pagroove wrote:
Thargoid Hive Cube
:shock:
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

pagroove wrote:
It gets better and better!
Isn't that a Thargoid Hive Cube?
Nay, Thargoid Hives are not cubical. As it turns out, I happen to have a very blurry picture laying around on my desk, taken from a long-range scan made by a scout ship somewhere in Galaxy 5. It shows a hitherto unknown, but apparently huge structure in interstellar space between two undisclosed systems. The basic shape does not seem to resemble a cube. (As you probably also wouldn't expect for insects. Their ships are octogonal.)

More about this--and about many other disturbing events--in the upcoming Cataclysm.oxp.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Discussion split to Insect architecture.
Super Jamie
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Super Jamie »

DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

@Super Jamie - pray tell - what precisely am I looking at? Elite, but converted to run especially on the GP2X? And what is a GP2X (I could Google I s'pose, but where's the fun in that?)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Looks cool.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Super Jamie
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Super Jamie »

You're looking NES Elite, in a NES emulator, on my GP2X.

A GP2X is a handheld gaming console, similar in size to a Nintendo DS, that is designed for homebrew gaming. It runs Linux, has dual 200Mhz ARM CPUs, uses SD cards as storage, and is powered by AA batteries (or AC adaptor, which you can see on the right of my photo).

There's a fairly active development scene for them, and pretty much any popular console or computer before the age of PSX/N64 has a working and actively-updated emulator available.

NES, SNES, Master System, Genesis, GameBoy, GBA, DosBox and heaps of others, all available in the palm of your hand. People write games natively for it too, some of them are pretty goddamn addictive! There's also ports of Doom, Quake, Tyrian, Elite II: Frontier and other such open source projects.

They play movies and music, you can get a TV out cable too. There's a port on the bottom which you can hack together a USB host adaptor for, and plug in any USB device. Some people use them as media centers with a keyboard and mouse, some have even got wireless LAN going. They do have a miniUSB plug on the side as well, which you can use to transfer files or run networking over USB cable to your PC.

Mine's the previous model, these days they come with a D-pad instead of a joystick, and a touchscreen, though not all existing games support touch. More at the Wikipedia page, and the GP2X Wiki.
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Thanks for the brief. An excellent sounding product and I've never heard of it! So I will investigate further. Ta muchly.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Hmm, that looks like a very interesting piece of kit! I'm surprised it's not had more marketing given the expandability and the open source nature of the thing.

There's apparently a new version just out - the GP2X Wiz.

It's like having a video arcade in your hand! It provides everything the PSP SHOULD have had (without having to crack the OS and rely on thirk party crackers to deliver hacked OS).

Might see if I can save up for one of these...
Super Jamie
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Super Jamie »

The Wiz is still made by the same dodgy asian company who make the GP2X. It just seems like a GP2X with a faster CPU and D-pad. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun console, but could do with a bit more power, and a decent dev team. I only just found out today that the GP2X has actually been discontinued in preparation for the Wiz release.

However, the Open Pandora is where it's at these days ;) 600+430Mhz CPUs, WiFi, QWERTY keyboard, Bluetooth, huge screen, 10 hours battery life. The first run of 3000 units sold out before December, price inc shipping was about AU$650. More on sale in February, I so want one!

Anyway, we're getting off topic, sorry screenshotters :wink:
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

Was playing around with stress testing... got a mere 18 fps with graphic card settings set to optimal quality which minimizes performance.. however it ran smooth...

I´m currently testing effects and ships for my OXP to be revealed in the future

Each ship represents a 1000 polygons with a 512by512 texture and shader, made a nice screenie to.. so i i decieded to show it. The model is my own.. a name is yet to be decided upon... most likely it will have a beetle name, or a bat name of sorts...

The model it self is broken down into 1 main model and 3 Subentities, which i decieded to use for wrecks. that are spawned when the ship dies..

which you can see in this screenshot

The Final screenshot is more artistic.. The sun in the distance is an effect i´m testing, this was taken when graphic card settings where set to performance...

Bounty Scanner
Number 935