Travellers' Tales

Writings and chronicles of the OOniverse.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Captain Hesperus wrote:
My 'marsh-gas' problem is a little more complicated, since it tends to emanate from my Navigator! He blames the Goat Soup cuisine, but it never seems to affect the rest of the crew in that manner....
What is this Goat Soup thingy anyway? In RealLife™ we slaughtered a goat for Christmas (as for almost all big holidays), and it made delicious dishes! (Although soup was not on the menu. Try roasting it!)
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

They imported that tradition from certain parts of Old Earth. It was a vile, inch-thick fat, stinking country soup of goat meat (d'uh) and vegetables cooked in a large marmite and served with bread and wine.
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Cmdr. Maegil wrote:
They imported that tradition from certain parts of Old Earth. It was a vile, inch-thick fat, stinking country soup of goat meat (d'uh) and vegetables cooked in a large marmite and served with bread and wine.
Oh yeah! There are these traditions that should have been buried and forgotten loooooong time ago. Why it's only these that almost certainly survive? :?
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

The most amazing thing is that, as gin & tonic, it apparently was created in paralell by several cultures...
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.