No roles

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Getafix

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

There are still flaws in the new role set. I just encountered a hostile cargopod that attacked me!!!

It must have been launched from a "Rock Hermit" from "pirate Cove.oxp" as a defender with the command launchPirateShip. It should have chosen a ship with role "pirate" but it took the wrong one and gave it a pirateAI.plist.

Code: Select all

Oolite [dumpState] -[Entity dumpState] (Entity.m:1015): State for <ShipEntity 0x2e8d9400>{"Cargo container" ID: 786 position: (8660.08, 15724.6, 75501.5) scanClass: CLASS_NEUTRAL status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT}:
  Oolite [dumpState.entity] -[Entity dumpSelfState] (Entity.m:1033): Scan class: CLASS_NEUTRAL
  Oolite [dumpState.entity] -[Entity dumpSelfState] (Entity.m:1040): Owner: <StationEntity 0x1783ae00>{"Rock Hermit" "Rock Hermit" ID: 746 position: (10092.7, 19293.4, 69587.9) scanClass: CLASS_CARGO status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT}
  Oolite [dumpState.entity] -[Entity dumpSelfState] (Entity.m:1059): Flags: isShip, hasMoved, hasRotated, isSunlit, collisionTestFilter
  Oolite [dumpState.shipEntity] -[ShipEntity dumpSelfState] (ShipEntity.m:7333): Name: Cargo container
  Oolite [dumpState.shipEntity] -[ShipEntity dumpSelfState] (ShipEntity.m:7334): Roles: <OORoleSet 0xff7d9c0>{cargopod(0.33)}
  Oolite [dumpState.shipEntity] -[ShipEntity dumpSelfState] (ShipEntity.m:7335): Primary role: pirate
  Oolite [dumpState.shipEntity] -[ShipEntity dumpSelfState] (ShipEntity.m:7336): Script: <OOJSScript 0xff7dde0>{"oolite-default-ship-script" version 1.70}
  Oolite [dumpState.shipEntity.ai] -[ShipEntity dumpSelfState] (ShipEntity.m:7361): AI:
    Oolite [dumpState.ai] -[AI dumpState] (AI.m:501): State machine name: pirateAI.plist
    Oolite [dumpState.ai] -[AI dumpState] (AI.m:502): Current state: ATTACK_SHIP
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Eric Walch wrote:
There are still flaws in the new role set. I just encountered a hostile cargopod that attacked me!!!
:shock: I would have loved to see that! How did it attack? Ramming you? Showing you the fist (or only a finger?)? Or are there cargo-pod lasers hidden somewhere? :o
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

I would have loved to see that! How did it attack? Ramming you? Showing you the fist (or only a finger?)? Or are there cargo-pod lasers hidden somewhere?
It did it best to kill me. But without lasers it is hard working against a ship with shields. At the end of the battle he did loose his life. But I remenber that it took more shots than usual to kill the cargopod. I should have tried to scoop him, but I look forward to meet more. When it is a bug, it's likeky to happen more around a pirate cove Hermite.
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

This time I encountered 2 yellow cargopods near witchspace entrypoint. From one I made a target dump:

Code: Select all

Oolite [dumpState.entity] -[Entity dumpSelfState] (Entity.m:1032): Universal ID: 890
  Oolite [dumpState.entity] -[Entity dumpSelfState] (Entity.m:1033): Scan class: CLASS_NOT_SET
  Oolite [dumpState.entity] -[Entity dumpSelfState] (Entity.m:1034): Status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT
  Oolite [dumpState.entity] -[Entity dumpSelfState] (Entity.m:1040): Owner: <ShipEntity 0x6bb22000>{"Cargo cannister" ID: 890 position: (3454.79, 6209.18, 12809.9) scanClass: CLASS_NOT_SET status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT}
  Oolite [dumpState.shipEntity] -[ShipEntity dumpSelfState] (ShipEntity.m:7333): Name: Cargo cannister
  Oolite [dumpState.shipEntity] -[ShipEntity dumpSelfState] (ShipEntity.m:7334): Roles: <OORoleSet 0x3366ec50>{cargopod(0.1)}
  Oolite [dumpState.shipEntity] -[ShipEntity dumpSelfState] (ShipEntity.m:7335): Primary role: harkov_gm
  Oolite [dumpState.shipEntity] -[ShipEntity dumpSelfState] (ShipEntity.m:7336): Script: <OOJSScript 0x3366efa0>{"oolite-default-ship-script" version 1.70}
  Oolite [dumpState.shipEntity] -[ShipEntity dumpSelfState] (ShipEntity.m:7338): Behaviour: BEHAVIOUR_FLY_TO_DESTINATION
    Oolite [dumpState.ai] -[AI dumpState] (AI.m:501): State machine name: route1patrolAI.plist
    Oolite [dumpState.ai] -[AI dumpState] (AI.m:502): Current state: HEAD_FOR_WITCHPOINT
Probably the same error as last time. Original roleset was "cargopod" but somehow it got a primary role of "harkov_gm" and a AI of "route1patrolAI.plist". Similarity with the last one was that this also had a chance factor smaller than 1.

Both pods gave me credits on shooting down. (7 and 11 credits)
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

:shock: Maybe that's the same thing you have told me a while ago. I'm using some conditions in shipdata.plist. But the dump is made with 1.70 (Primary role)? I know that the localhero.oxp does not work with 1.70 and currently I'm learning JS to rescript this oxp. I should add a comment to the localhero thread.

And I can image your face when it happens the first time :D
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

And I can image your face when it happens the first time
It was not the fist time, I say two yellow cargopods also before, but the hostile cargopod I spotted earlyer stunned me more. But although it were your Harkov ships that should be there, it is not your oxp that has the flaw, but oolite that for some reason selects the wrong ships. (cargopods in this case). Probably a flaw in the new role system.

Local Hero not working is probably because local variables stoped working in ship_scripts.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

I think this is one of the problems. I've extensively used all available _actions (setup, launch, script and death) and the conditions key. And maybe in conjunction with the new role selecting behaviour Oolites becomes confused.