Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Assassins bugs?

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Eric Walch wrote:
I remember games that once in a while stopped and asked the player to get the manual, find page 26 and type in the 6th word of the 8 sentence of that page. That will make sure the player reads at least that part of the manual.
And sheets of coloured blocks........
but there again, I can remember white toothpaste!
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

TGHC wrote:
And sheets of coloured blocks........
but there again, I can remember white toothpaste!
And here we are again, at our most favorite topic of all! "Dude, I am soooooo ooooooooooold!" :wink:

@Hoopy: Have you noticed that, if you want just to add another word or sentence to any of your posts (especially the one you just made, before you got that brilliant idea you just want to add), there is a friendly "EDIT"-button at the top right corner of each of your posts? And if you edit your last post before another user posts again, the edit is even invisible. So generally there is no need for double posts in short intervals.
Hoopy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Hoopy »

I do edit them sometimes. But if it's a separate thought then i tend to leave it as a separate one.

But looking back over this topic I do have a lot of double posts don't I? :oops:
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Commander McLane wrote:
And here we are again, at our most favorite topic of all! "Dude, I am soooooo ooooooooooold!" :wink:
Does it bother you then glasshopper? perhaps you should take up Tai Chi.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

No, I'm not bothered. I just notice.

And of course I have a lot of respect for the elderly, our dear esteemed Grey Haired Fossil Commander. 8)
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

I stated I game from scratch in order to test ver 1.70. Is it normal that in some shipyards in galaxy one I can buy ships from Assassins oxp ? (vintage adders ect). I was under the impression that only if you finish all the missions of this oxp those ships can be unlocked.
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

Ark wrote:
I stated I game from scratch in order to test ver 1.70. Is it normal that in some shipyards in galaxy one I can buy ships from Assassins oxp ? (vintage adders ect). I was under the impression that only if you finish all the missions of this oxp those ships can be unlocked.
Afaik Assasins was designed for Oolite 1.65 as it has problems with 1.68 that i know of..

1.69 and on, i dont know if these have the same kind of bugs as 1.68.. i´m not sure if it where fixed before the release of 1.69 or 1.7
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

It runs fine on 1.69.1 onwards (including 1.70) and will still run on 1.65 or 1.67. It won't run on 1.68 properly. No missions will run properly on 1.69 though as awardCredits: was broken, so you should really update to 1.69.1 or 1.70. You do need to use the 1.3 Version though to play on 1.69.1 or 1.70. The Nemesis, Vintage Adder and the Mongoose Fighter can be bought in any galaxy whether or not you have started Assassins (These ships are just available on the open market as they are not one offs.). You won't however encounter NPCs in any Assassins ships unless you are doing the mission in which they feature or you have reached the rank of 'The Hand'.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Graviton missile did not work!

Post by ArkanoiD »

What else can i do?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

You could try a few Random Hits. :wink: The plot of Assassins is left open-ended (perhaps you were Agent Wombat?) so if sombodey else wants to do a follow on, there more than welcome. I might do a follow on series of missions at some point, but the ships thown at you be Assassins are pretty tough and I don't really know how to make it not just more of the same. Try the Trident Down OXP. Thats a big pack of missions with lots of different types of missions.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

LittleBear wrote:
You could try a few Random Hits. :wink: The plot of Assassins is left open-ended (perhaps you were Agent Wombat?) so if sombodey else wants to do a follow on, there more than welcome. I might do a follow on series of missions at some point, but the ships thown at you be Assassins are pretty tough and I don't really know how to make it not just more of the same. Try the Trident Down OXP. Thats a big pack of missions with lots of different types of missions.
So it is the end of missions? I thought there are some left. Is it intentional that the missile did not destroy the Balrog?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

No, the missile should destroy the balrog, but your have to deploy it very close or it won't work. If you were only carrying one Gravition then you'd have to replay from a saved commander as only a gravition will destroy it. (Not tested on 1.70 but worked on 1.69.1 - don't think anything has changed on 1.70 to break weapons_energy). There is one main mission after that and a couple of sub-missions.
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

LittleBear wrote:
No, the missile should destroy the balrog, but your have to deploy it very close or it won't work. If you were only carrying one Gravition then you'd have to replay from a saved commander as only a gravition will destroy it. (Not tested on 1.70 but worked on 1.69.1 - don't think anything has changed on 1.70 to break weapons_energy). There is one main mission after that and a couple of sub-missions.
I fired it from 1km range, it did hit the target, but nothing happens :-(
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

Thats odd. The missile does have to arm itself though. If fired right on top of the target it could hit the target and be destroyed without its AI going to the Detonate state. Remember because its flown by a trained trumble, it doesn't matter what target you select with your missile lock the trumble has to spot the target and start flying towards it. The missile is not armed until the trumble found his target. There's a lot of ships about so it may take him a few seconds. If deployed only a couple of seconds flight from the balrog the missile can be destroyed before it arms itself. Will playtest it on 1.70, but try fireing from 5km.

EDIT : Tested on 1.70 Gravition destroyed the Balrog. I fired 4 off just to be sure though!
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

It worked, thanks!