how many cargo canisters?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Hoopy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

how many cargo canisters?

Post by Hoopy »

What's the greatest number of cargo canisters you've ever scooped from someone who, *cough* just happened to explode in front of you?

An Anaconda released at least 41 of them (my cargo load went from 9t to 50t but I'm sure a few were gems/gold/platinum) for me earlier today...
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Its set by variables for each ship (either OXP or native), but there is a random chance. In code its set (I think) by the likley_cargo variable, but the dice are also rolled, so the cannisters spawned each time are random but within a range depending on the ship. Basically you'll tend to get more cargo canisters from destoying a ship with a big cargo capasity than a ship with a small one. Although the Annaconda might have a max capacity of 750 tones, thats more than will be offered for sale at any station and manny of the canisters aboard won't survive the *ahmeh* violent method you chose to extract them! :twisted:
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
GothStag
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by GothStag »

my record is 12 atm becuase I'm poor and only have a Cobra MKII-X! :cry:

I do like scoping up escape pods though and getting the bounty on their stupid inhabitants! :lol:
In memory of ma homey H-Dog.
Krunchin tha numbaz with tha Angels.

http://www.midstateoffice.com/index.php
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

LB wrote:
In code its set (I think) by the likley_cargo variable, but the dice are also rolled, so the cannisters spawned each time are random but within a range depending on the ship.
It is random, but system generated ships will never have more than 15 pods on them. Likely_cargo is only used with pirate ships and 10% of max_cargo is used for other ships. But if the resulting value is higher than 15, a random value between 0 and 15 is chosen.

All this above is neglected however if a ship scoops up the first pod. In this case is only bears the actual number of scooped pods.

As an anaconda is a trader that does not scoop and therefor can not have more than 15 barrels. Your anaconda must have been added by a script. I know that e.g. the ups-courier.oxp adds an anaconda with 25 scripted containers inside him. But I think the normal max of 15 is added to this value to give your 40. This anaconda has a 10% chance of appearing relative to normal anacondas. Only during a certain part of a mission there are more around.
Hoopy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Hoopy »

odd... I wasn't doing a UPs mission at the time (I was in the middle of deposed). Maybe pirate coves created it? I was having fun killing pirates and docking at the rock hermit for more fuel when i caught the anaconda.
Killer Instinct
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Killer Instinct »

Oo-Hauls are pretty good at dispensing. :D
It's a fine line between clever and stupid