Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Cargo wrecks teaser OXP question

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

May I recommend the free 7-zip? It unpacks most formats & it's both open source & did I mention totally free? Available for windows, linux & macs(as 7zX)! :)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Damos wrote:
Having some .oxp's as just .zip while others are .rar is going to cause some confusion amongst the non tech types?
Well that would be me then!

I have to say I do query sometimes the need to zip files these days with current broadband speeds. By the time you have unpacked and expanded even the bigger files theres probably little time saved.

On the few occasions I have used the BBC iplayer, with 1 hour plus download times, it's no big deal you just let it plod on in the background and get on with other stuff...........a bit like the old days really, oops there I go again!
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

zipping is mostly for ease purposes, selecting one file beats selecting one hundred files any time.

Used to have 7Zip, was pretty handy.
And no annoying popups demanding you buy the full version....AFAIK.

I'll upload the next updated version as a zip, don't worry.
Riding the Rocket!
Damos
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Damos »

Thanks Arexack_Heretic.

I know I can download the utilities mentioned above and if I was running into this issue on a regular basis, I would download a .rar extractor. But since this the first time I have run into this problem I rather not as I'd like to keep the number of installed utlities minimised only to the ones I use regularly.

I'll keep an eye out for the next update. (vanilla zip)

Thanks again

Damos
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

Are you using Windows XP A_H? if so, you can make folders into .zips directly in XP without having to download any new software.
Right Click on the folder and choose 'Send to' -> 'Compressed (zipped) Folder' from the little menu that pops up. I should imagine this probably works in Vista too (but you probably have to reassure it with 50 passwords and a box telling you what the weather is like in Albuquerque appears on the desktop)
Arexack_Heretic
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

I know, I know!
Didn't I mention using the native WinXP copy of winzip?

let's discuss the oxp instead now.
Riding the Rocket!
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

Griff wrote:
I should imagine this probably works in Vista too (but you probably have to reassure it with 50 passwords and a box telling you what the weather is like in Albuquerque appears on the desktop)
It does, and true the uav Was a pain, takes a little getting used too, but after a few weeks you are used to it... also its a good thing that everything is so Tight, that way you only give acces to directories with non critical data... And a side benefit, it forces the user to learn a little about security, instead of just Granting everything acces to system dirs.

EDIT:TO BOARD ADMINS: you cant preview and then submit, i just pressed submit after a preview 6 times while fearfull of double posting
this is a new reply
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

I haven't found the original thread about Cargo wrecks teaser anymore, so I'm posting here.

Eric mentioned in another thread that he yesterday uploaded an update to Cargo & Wrecks, so it is now version 1.3.3. Incidentally I had installed version 1.3.2 only last weekend and noticed some bugs which I wanted to post.

Two were typos in method-names in explosiveAI.plist, which seem to be squashed in 1.3.3. However there are still some typos in the comms messages left, most noticable "Quirrium" instead of "Quirium".

And of course there is the issue that comms messages of unpiloted objects are ignored altogether. Eric has fixed that by adding a characters.plist.

Shipdata.plist produces two error messages, which are still there in 1.3.3: Twice it reads

Code: Select all

<key>conditions</key>
								<array>
									<string>[d100_number] lessthan 75</string>
								</array>
which is a wrong use of brackets. It has to be <string>d100_number lessthan 75</string> (at the other place it's "lessthan 25").

<string>set: local_gems [d100_number]</string>, however, is correct.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Frame wrote:
EDIT:TO BOARD ADMINS: you cant preview and then submit, i just pressed submit after a preview 6 times while fearfull of double posting
this is a new reply
You just have to wait a bit – half a minute or so, if you’ve triggered the bug? anti-spam measure? once.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Ahruman wrote:
Frame wrote:
this is a new reply
You just have to wait a bit – half a minute or so, if you’ve triggered the bug? anti-spam measure? once.
Considering that that post is more than three months old, perhaps the problem has sorted itself out now? :wink:
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Nah. It sometimes takes a bit longer than half a minute.
tinker
Deadly
Deadly

Post by tinker »

Commander McLane wrote:
I haven't found the original thread about Cargo wrecks teaser anymore, so I'm posting here.

Eric mentioned in another thread that he yesterday uploaded an update to Cargo & Wrecks, so it is now version 1.3.3. Incidentally I had installed version 1.3.2 only last weekend and noticed some bugs which I wanted to post.
I couldn't even find where 1.3.3 is, or is that what I have? Couldn't find the version number either. Brain is having an away day perhaps. In any case got this error

2008-08-30 13:02:47.364 oolite[13132] [ai.takeAction.badSelector]: ***** ERROR in AI explosiveAI.plist in state TUMBLE: Fuel cannister 297 does not respond to CommsMessage:
several times, with different cannister numbers 428 or 728. It seems these were the errors squashed by 1.3.3 so where do I get 1.3.3 or even better 1.3.4 which should have the errors noted by Commander McLane fixed as well.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

tinker wrote:
In any case got this error

2008-08-30 13:02:47.364 oolite[13132] [ai.takeAction.badSelector]: ***** ERROR in AI explosiveAI.plist in state TUMBLE: Fuel cannister 297 does not respond to CommsMessage:
several times, with different cannister numbers 428 or 728. It seems these were the errors squashed by 1.3.3 so where do I get 1.3.3 or even better 1.3.4 which should have the errors noted by Commander McLane fixed as well.
That was one of the errors Eric had fixed already. The other one is a "pauseAI:" in that same explosiveAI.plist, where the number follows directly after the colon, without a SPACE in-between.

And you find the OXP - as most OXPs - in the wiki's OXP-page. (Where it says: "Cargo & Wrecks V1.3.3 (updated again)")
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

tinker wrote:
[ It seems these were the errors squashed by 1.3.3 so where do I get 1.3.3 or even better 1.3.4 which should have the errors noted by Commander McLane fixed as well.
Wait until you can get version 1.3.4 at: OXP-page Or better, go to it now as I already uploaded it.

Added McLane's findings and a few more minor things like removing the debug message and an other scriptcode from the fuel pod that never could work.
tinker
Deadly
Deadly

Post by tinker »

Thanks guys. I said my brain was away somewhere else. I am sure that last time I looked at the wiki it was listed as Cargo & Wrecks V1.3.2 still, but I am up to date now. Would it be an idea if the wiki contained an entry for the date of the last update for all oxp's?

It does help to confuse me as on the wiki it is listed as Cargo & Wrecks V1.3.4 , which d/l as Wrex_1-3-4_Folder.zip which unpacks as wrex 1-3-4 Folder which contains Cargo_wrecks_teaser.oxp so I had problems finding my original d/l to check the version I had. So of to test again.