Calling all Graphic Designers!

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

pagroove wrote:
Great texture DH! 8)
:) Why, thank ye kindly.

GIMP does all the hard work, I've just got to work out the best plan for it to work its magic (perhaps there's a little skill (and luck) involved in that)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Ayr Thistle are entering final, delicate negotiations with Cearso brewing conglomerate Skittish & Noocearso in the hope of attracting the Noocearso Brown Ale as the sponsor of choice for this fine racing team...

So this ship currently comes to you - sans the sullying presence of sponsorship.
Selezen wrote:
_ds_
Deadly
Deadly

Post by _ds_ »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Ayr Thistle are entering final, delicate negotiations with Cearso brewing conglomerate Skittish & Noocearso in the hope of attracting the Noocearso Brown Ale as the sponsor of choice for this fine racing team...
Hmm. Seems that they've changed the name (or you've misremembered it). When I last looked, it was “Skittish & Newcearso”…

(Mutter, grumble, these people who can't pronounce ‘new’ properly so they think that gives them the right to change the spelling…)
http://tartarus.org/~ds/oolite/patches, Buzzer OXP etc.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

And surely it's Broon Ale? Given I've known many a real(ish) person pronounce it that way anyway, unless it was a bottle of do(o)g.
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

_ds_ wrote:
DaddyHoggy wrote:
Hmm. Seems that they've changed the name (or you've misremembered it). When I last looked, it was “Skittish & Newcearso”…

(Mutter, grumble, these people who can't pronounce ‘new’ properly so they think that gives them the right to change the spelling…)
No,I think he's right:

@DH - Nice colour scheme, my eyes will stop bleeding shortly....

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

_ds_ wrote:
DaddyHoggy wrote:

I created the Noocearso Brown Ale ad for YAH - so definitely didn't mis-remember :wink:

At the Cap'n - yup, a bottle or four of "dog" is a treat (and a guaranteed hang-over) but while it is true that it is pronounced "Broon", I will not be responsible for dumbing down :wink:

The idea of the paint job is to win by default - by inducing intense vomiting in their competitors and by playing loud bagpipe music on wide-band comms as they go.
Selezen wrote:
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Well, it would seem the negotiations were successful - although a press spokesperson for either the race team or their new sponsors were available for comment - apparently all involved have been struck down by a sudden illness - possibly food poisoning - from the post-deal-clinching party....

(Right, having "worked from home" this morning (this is my "coffee break") I'm off to a NATO Conference. Hmmm, sometimes my RL(tm) is far more surreal sounding than it actually is!)
Selezen wrote:
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

And another fine addition :)
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
_ds_
Deadly
Deadly

Post by _ds_ »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
_ds_ wrote:
DaddyHoggy wrote:

I created the Noocearso Brown Ale ad for YAH - so definitely didn't mis-remember :wink:
Ah, must have been some cheap copy, then; I did wonder about the price. That is an anarchic system, after all…
The idea of the paint job is to win by default - by inducing intense vomiting in their competitors and by playing loud bagpipe music on wide-band comms as they go.
Ah, but are they Scottish pipes or Northumbrian pipes?

(And the point stands about mispronunciation of Newcastle by those “dahn sahf”.)
http://tartarus.org/~ds/oolite/patches, Buzzer OXP etc.
Captain Hesperus

And it's right down to the wire with only
teams remaining.
Looks like this season's racing is going to be as colourful and action-packed as last season's.
The teams yet to enter are:

Club Racing LeBoeuf
Colours: Light Blue
Ships: Krait, Mamba, Sidewinder
Number: 44

Festus Flyers
Colours: Blue, Red
Number: 27

Merthyr Tydfil
Colours: Red, Green, White
Number: 53

Zorg Racing
Colours: British Racing Green
Number: 7

Although Sidewinders in Team Zorg's traditional livery have been seen on the warm-up circuits, it's not known whether they will be running their usual colour or livening up the scheme to compete with the wild schemes we've seen unveiled by the other teams. Watch this space, race fans, as the final competitors step up to throw their hats into the ring!

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

The newly painted Ayr Thistle Krait emerges from the Paintshop... (or the GIMP in this case!)

Selezen wrote:
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Should finish the Ayr Thistle Mamba tonight - therefore declare an interest in Merthyr Tydfil as my next team of choice!
Selezen wrote:
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Still whiffing of Plasma Hardening, the last of the Ayr Thistle ships rolls out of the Paintshop...

Selezen wrote:
Captain Hesperus

DH, never let it be said that your don't work your gimp hard enough for fantastic results...... ;)

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Apparently when a potential sponsor saw the colour scheme they ran away screaming.

DaddyHoggy confesses to being somewhat confused by the reaction.

The team however, claim to be delighted with their new scheme and are seeking a more appropriate sponsor.

Selezen wrote: