Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Our beautiful galaxy is in a sorry state

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

pepak
Competent
Competent

Our beautiful galaxy is in a sorry state

Post by pepak »

Here I am, peacefully collecting cargo and rescuing survivors from a mysterious starship explosion, and what do pirates do but attack me? Something should be done about it, honest traders like us are not safe anymore! I mean, when I flee from them and then turn around to pick up the pieces, why, another batch of pirates attacks me. I am disgusted, let me tell you.

Btw., it seems there is nothing left to buy for my Cobra MK3. Those Military Shields were about the last thing I wanted. What now? Should I save for a Boa Class Cruiser?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Have you a Cloaking Device, a Mark Transponder Scanner, an Ore Processor or a Naval Energy Unit for example? There a bit more stuff to get yet! :wink:

If you now have an Iron Ass though, you may want to try some missions (there's over 50 out there if you put in all the mission OXPs) or save up for a Combat ship like an Asp, Cobra Courier, Super Cobra or Imperial Courier. Some time in a battered old python or even a Python Class Cruiser will help build up more cash haulling 175 tones a time!
Last edited by LittleBear on Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
pepak
Competent
Competent

Post by pepak »

LittleBear wrote:
Have you a Cloaking Device, a Mark Transponder Scanner or a Naval Energy Unit for example? There a bit more stuff to get yet! :wink:
Where do I get them? I didn't see them on a planet with level 14. (On the other hand, I have never been further than maybe 20 light years away from Lave...)
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Some things have to be earnt rather than bought.... :wink:

Check the missions page on the Wikki for some hints. If you build up your kills you'll find the Navy and other Powers start to take and interest in you. When they do you might want to do some traveling....
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
julyy
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by julyy »

pepak wrote:
(On the other hand, I have never been further than maybe 20 light years away from Lave...)
lol