Dragged Out forgotten model

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

milinks
Deadly
Deadly

Dragged Out forgotten model

Post by milinks »

Havent been about for quite a while due to life. was clearing stuff from one pc to another and remembered this model. I havent had time to look through the forums to see if its been incorporated but thought i'd throw a few shots up to see if it gave food for thought or yawns lol! I altered the design of an already existing ship of mine the cobra-E class and put a cockpit model inside. By adjusting the view position, i found it was easy to then use suventities to design things such as bomb sights etc. Anyway see what you think.
Imagei created a semi transparent overlay for the hud so when docked etc it wasnt lonely, but when in flight enhanced the model of the hud that is in play. There is a 3d revolving planet for the planet aegis etc
this is a view from the cockpit window back into the cockpit, with the chair in view etc.
This is a view from the cockpit door looking out of the cockpit window, with the semi transparent hud overlay exagerated a bit so you can see it better.
and just looking at the cockpit from outside the ship.
I have no idea why i did this, just at the time, was more fun during the game, when i was bored, to the extent of stacking cannisters up in the corner and adding the view of the escape pod. ( i Know! too much time on my hands then lol!) Anyway if anyone wants me to throw it up on Oosat i will, it works out to be 7meg for the oxpm but runs on my xp without a hitch. Glad to see the best forum still being visited by so many new ppl and hi to all the old school too!! :-)
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

What a great idea!
wow, that is very cool, what an amazing amount of detail you've put into it.
If i remember correctly, didn't something odd happen to LB's install of oolite once when he was putting his assassins oxp together? It meant that when he docked at a station he remained looking out into space towards the planet and everyone thought it would be a neat addition to the game to have some sort of observation area on the stations? These cockpit interiors would be great for that!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Cool! Still can't work out how you've got views inside the model!

Could you maybe put it up on www.box.net with a download link on the Wiki? (Free file sharing up to 1Gig of space).

Oosat2 is pretty much dead for new OXPs, so we're meant to put 'em up on the Wiki. If you follow the Assassins link on my signature it'll take you to the Wiki OXP bit (drop back to catagories and there's the section for adding OXPs).

Very nice feature for ships! 8) 8)
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Dragged Out forgotten model

Post by Cholmondely »

milinks wrote: Wed May 09, 2007 4:03 am
Havent been about for quite a while due to life. was clearing stuff from one pc to another and remembered this model. I havent had time to look through the forums to see if its been incorporated but thought i'd throw a few shots up to see if it gave food for thought or yawns lol! I altered the design of an already existing ship of mine the cobra-E class and put a cockpit model inside. By adjusting the view position, i found it was easy to then use suventities to design things such as bomb sights etc. Anyway see what you think.
Imagei created a semi transparent overlay for the hud so when docked etc it wasnt lonely, but when in flight enhanced the model of the hud that is in play. There is a 3d revolving planet for the planet aegis etc
this is a view from the cockpit window back into the cockpit, with the chair in view etc.
This is a view from the cockpit door looking out of the cockpit window, with the semi transparent hud overlay exagerated a bit so you can see it better.
and just looking at the cockpit from outside the ship.
I have no idea why i did this, just at the time, was more fun during the game, when i was bored, to the extent of stacking cannisters up in the corner and adding the view of the escape pod. ( i Know! too much time on my hands then lol!) Anyway if anyone wants me to throw it up on Oosat i will, it works out to be 7meg for the oxpm but runs on my xp without a hitch. Glad to see the best forum still being visited by so many new ppl and hi to all the old school too!! :-)
Does anybody know what on earth this was?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?