Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Imperial Courier V2.0

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

I’m not sure, but I think not.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Ahruman wrote:
I’d say that it is not, in fact, accurately explained in the wiki, since it appears to only be mentioned regarding has_ecm. Besides, people don’t look at the documentation. This is a well known fact. :-)
Well, people--at least OXPers--ought to look at the documentation, don't they? :shock: I did before attemping to write my first OXP, and I continuously do while writing stuff. In fact I downloaded all OXPing related documents from the wiki in order to have them available all the time. Usually on my desktop I have opened the plists I am working on in an editor, a couple of wiki documentations on writing plists (usually at least three or four at a time) in Safari, a galaxy map of my current galaxy in Preview, a planet list of that galaxy and probably some additional documents or my pilot log in TextEdit, the log of my latest test-run in Console and my pilots folder in the Finder, firing up my test pilot every now and then for testing what I just typed. (Yes, it's quite crowded on my desktop. And sometimes I have to open even some work-related stuff. :wink:)

You may call me naive, but I somehow expected all OXP writers to work like that. :oops:

And for the accuracy of the documentation: Without further thinking I've always assumed that the sentence "By chance factor, or true/false." in the "has_ecm"-entry is valid for all the other "has"-entries as well, which proved to be correct. By the way, also the entry for "hasShipyard" (which was added by myself) has the complete information--including the possibility of having an array of conditions as value--which I obtained from Giles' readme-file in 1.65. :wink:
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Why do all my topics end up becoming programming discussions?

:cry:

Thanks to those who have been testing the OXP. I did say that the views and laser positions would be all wrong - thanks to those who have posted corrected variables. I'll test them asap.
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

It was assumed anyone seriously looking into the shiplist code would automatically assume that the has_something keys had similar functionality.
(Although assuming such things about the code has put me in many a dark corner.) :lol:

I had not noticed the new 'unpiloted' key. Is it set by AI/escapepod?
Riding the Rocket!
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Selezen wrote:
Thanks to those who have been testing the OXP.
No problem. Just a couple of things though, the walnut panelled doors on the drinks cabinet in my cabin keep catching on the edge of the cabinet and the velvet lining of the Commander's chair is surprisingly itchy on bare thighs, any chance I could have it recoated in silk? :wink:

Captain Hesperus
Arexack_Heretic
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

[quote="Selezen"]Why do all my topics end up becoming programming discussions?

[quote]

The doom of those operating on the cutting edge. :D
Riding the Rocket!
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

If a ship is unpiloted, its crew list is deleted and no escape pod is generated; it also doesn’t communicate. This is listed in the release notes for 1.65. :-)

Built-in unpiloted ships: asteroids, boulders and splinters; barrels and the cloaking device; nav and witchspace beacons; missiles and hardened missiles; struts.

When a ship launches esacape pods, the entire crew of the launching ship is transferred to one pod. The ship thus becomes unpiloted (although since it becomes a hulk and is set to nullAI, this doesn’t actually make a difference). Additional pods may be launched, in which case they contain passengers. This distinction is part of the “characters” concept Giles was working on, which I don’t think was fully implemented, although you see aspects of it in the form of messages like “You rescued Blah Blahson, and his insurance pays 42 credits.”
Captain Hesperus

Alright, David Q. Selezen, fess up! Have you monkeyed about with the fuel scoops?!?!?!?!

I made a 3.4ly jump, and even though I got into one with a bunch of ne'er-do-wells and scooped their droppings, I ended up with 6.9ly of fuel when I hit the station Aegis. I'm as sure as hell I didn't scoop one of A_H's fuel pods.

So, truth time. Did you alter the fuel scoops?

If you did, I truely have not the words to say THANK YOU!!!!!!!! :D

Captain Hesperus
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Captain Hesperus wrote:
No, he didn't. Not as far as I could tell.

So there must be another explanation.

Selezen wrote:
Why do all my topics end up becoming programming discussions?

Sorry for that. Didn't mean to hurt you. I hope you like the view/weapon positions. :)
Captain Hesperus

Commander McLane wrote:
Captain Hesperus wrote:
No, he didn't. Not as far as I could tell.

So there must be another explanation.

Do-do-do-do, do-do-do-do (Twilight Zone theme)

Captain Hesperus
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Perhaps you don't need to take it that far. Have you probably done part of your scooping exercise close to the sun?
Captain Hesperus

Commander McLane wrote:
Perhaps you don't need to take it that far. Have you probably done part of your scooping exercise close to the sun?
Negatory, Commander, fighting well away from the corona. Though I did end up flying through the entrails of one or two of them. Is there any possibility that *that* might have caused my re-fuel?

Captain Hesperus
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Nope, not been messing about with the fuel scoops. Something...else...must be happening.

If you don't like the walnut dash and the chair lining, please bring your ship to the nearest Seldar Shipyards outlet where replacement parts will be fitted as long as you haven't voided your warranty.

Note: Warranty is voided by starting up the engines.
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Holy crap! 49 downloads! Nice going!

Thanks for testing.

Time permitting I might be able to introduce the highlighted changes over this weekend.
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

Selezen wrote:
Nope, not been messing about with the fuel scoops. Something...else...must be happening.

If you don't like the walnut dash and the chair lining, please bring your ship to the nearest Seldar Shipyards outlet where replacement parts will be fitted as long as you haven't voided your warranty.

Note: Warranty is voided by starting up the engines.
I think it might be related to the fueltank oxp... im pretty sure
that my fuel started to have more fuel after a fight after
i installed that, and 1.68.

Fueltank.oxp
and Ore processor OXP is the only two OXPs installed
apart from some custom ships i build, and may release in the near future... when im happy with them
Bounty Scanner
Number 935