Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

The Assassins Guild OXP (Final Updated Version)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Fur'f gbhtu ng raretl 800, ohg 4 unequrnqf naq n shyy ohefg bs zvy ynfre jvyy svavfu ure. Qba'g r-obzo. Zbfg bs gur Thneqf jvyy npghnyyl yrnir lbh nybar, hayrff lbh nggnpx gurz. Gur R-obzo jba'g xvyy gurz, ohg jvyy zrna gurl nyy tb sbe lbh. Nf fur pnag zbir ynfre jvgu gur sebag tha gura biresyl ure uvg ure jvgu gur erne tha. ynhapu lbhe zvffvyrf naq vawrpgbe njnl. (spoiler - enter into Rot13)!
Last edited by LittleBear on Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

Don't break the covenant - this is an english language board!
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
Star Gazer
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: North Norfolk, UK, (Average Agricultural, Feudal States,Tech Level 8)

Post by Star Gazer »

Yeah, I hate it when people converse in orcish...
Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my clothes...
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Ahh, so that’s how Tolkien did it.
lolwhites
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lolwhites »

V urnqrq sbe gur fha svefg gb ershry va pnfr V arrqrq gb znxr n dhvpx trgnjnl. Gur tbbaf tnir hc punfvat zr nsgre n juvyr, gura jura V jrag gb gur tnf tvnag, gurl jrer abjurer gb or frra. Vg jnf yvxr svaqvat na hathneqrq onpx qbbe - gurl qvqa'g abgvpr V jnf gurer hagvy gur Snve Jvaq jnf n fgnpx bs nyyblf qevsgvat va gur fbyne jvaq.
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Evtug, gunaxf sbe nyy gur nqivpr, V'yy whfg unir gb gel fbzr bs gurfr gnpgvpf bhg gura. Gunax lbh nyy!

Pncgnva Urfcrehf
"Damn cyper machines!"
The truth, revealed!!
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

For some strange reason, my sense of humour is being overriden by an urge to endulge in bloodletting.

It might have to do with the recent dearth of vowels, the incorrect transposition of Thargoid to the Latin alphabet, or something of the sort; what I do know is that I've found myself chopping garlic, then rubbed salt on the sticky blade... :twisted:
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Sorry. Its just to avoid a spoiler on the boards, for players who haven't got this far into the OXP and want to be suprised. Back to English now! :wink:
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Captain Hesperus

Post by Captain Hesperus »

LittleBear wrote:
Sorry. Its just to avoid a spoiler on the boards, for players who haven't got this far into the OXP and want to be suprised. Back to English now! :wink:
Mind you, 'gunax' (thank) does sound like some peculiar foreign language...

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

Update:-

I've put Version 1.3 on the Wiki. This version will still work on 1.65, but will now run properly on 1.69.1. It should also finaly squosh the Unix case sensitivity bugs. I've edited the first post in the thread to update the download link.
lolwhites
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lolwhites »

You're a star, PetitOurs :D Will it run on a PC with 1.68?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

It will work on 1.68 (the loop bug is fixed), but the Systems Data won't change. This is fixed on 1.69.1.

On the 1.69. release of Olite, the script commands awardCredits and Death_Actions were broken (so no missions that involve either paying you money for doing somthing and / or killing some dude will work - including native ones like the Constrictor hunt), so you should realy update to 1.69.1. Big A and Another_Commander fixed this for 1.69.1, but its a known bug on 1.69.

EDIT: Added a few screenies to the Assassins Guild page.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Some bug reports, if you please: line 407 of script.plist –

Code: Select all

"setSpecificPlanetInfo: 6=100=Formally a GalCop penal colony, a successful rebellion by the prisoners placed the system in the hands of felons. At present the system is run by the Yankisona Triad gang, although their power currently hangs by a thread. Most of the criminal community have written off the Esreatesian Triads, following the arrest of the higher echelons by GalCop Special Branch. There are some who believe, that the Triads will yet manage to stage a miraculous return to power."
– is missing a key, i.e. “description=”.

I know it, because of my learnings JavaScript converter hack.

Line 4573:

{ conditions = ( "shipsFound_number equal lessthan 20" );
You can has have equal or lessthan, but not both. (In effect, this will currently work like “shipsFound_number equal 0”, but I explicitly do not guarantee that it will always do that.)

Lines 5198 and 5211:

{ conditions = ( "shipsFound_number less than 20" ); 
Should be lessthan. This condition will always fail.

Hmm, this is pretty good stuff. There should probably be an OXP verifier stage that runs scripts through the converter and dumps any errors, ignoring the actual JavaScript.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

There should probably be an OXP verifier stage that runs scripts through the converter and dumps any errors, ignoring the actual JavaScript.
Oh, yes, please!
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

The downside, of course, is that it involves me going through as many script.plists as I can find to see what methods are being used.

(Incidentally, I’d appreciate any suggestions for OXPs with big or buggy script.plists, apart from Anarchies, Assassins, Asteroid Storm and Ionics.)