Progress

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Vincentz
Deadly
Deadly

Re: Progress

Post by Vincentz »

another_commander wrote:
Field of view is now a game option. Also, the maximum field of view has been increased to 80 degrees.
I assume this is in the nightly builds? I tried to download it (the zip from here https://github.com/OoliteProject/oolite), and assume I have to build/compile it?
I'm on windows 7, but the windows guide seems out of date (?).

I'd really like to test out the new FOV on a 3 monitor Eyefinity :D
"There is a single light of science, and to brighten it anywhere is to brighten it everywhere." - Isaac Asimov
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

The nightly server is down for maintenance until Wednesday morning (see here) - can you wait? <grins>
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Vincentz
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Vincentz »

Rgr. thanks.

Tbh it was more of a question how it works with the nightlies. Is it full game package (except textures), or is it just the gamecore dlls+ resources or do I have to compile myself?

of course I can wait ;)
"There is a single light of science, and to brighten it anywhere is to brighten it everywhere." - Isaac Asimov
Cody

Post by Cody »

All that compiling stuff is beyond my ken - but I think you need to be flying a Python.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

The nightly builds from the stickies in the appropriate OS forum are full compiled game packages, including the textures, dependency libraries, and other support files.

The ZIP file from "Download ZIP" contains the source for the main game only. To use it you would need to download the texture package and your OS's dependency package as well, then compile; it would probably be easier to start with an actual git checkout.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

In any case, if you want to compile on Windows so that you won't have to wait, it is really simple and the instructions are here.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

A quick note on the final features added before the 1.82 freeze:
- the ship library is now viewable in game, through a core-provided interface on F4. Entries can be given a condition script so that they only show up in-game in certain circumstances, not on the start game version (this is used for the Constrictor)
- contract information shows the pay
- player.ship.injectorsEngaged, player.ship.torusEngaged properties so you no longer have to guess from speed/maxSpeed.
- ship.entityPersonality is writable
- a few bug fixes for AI and other issues identified recently
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

cim wrote:
destinationSystem (and its counterpart homeSystem) only really make sense for NPCs who aren't going to change their mind on this.
phkb wrote:
If player.ship.targetSystem now points to an out of range system, what property returns the next jump?
No property at the moment, but as mentioned recently, in 1.81 there's a second parameter given to shipWillEnterWitchspace specifying where the jump is going. I'll add a property for it as well.
Did a new property end up being created for the next destination? Sorry if I missed the notification for this.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

phkb wrote:
cim wrote:
destinationSystem (and its counterpart homeSystem) only really make sense for NPCs who aren't going to change their mind on this.
phkb wrote:
If player.ship.targetSystem now points to an out of range system, what property returns the next jump?
No property at the moment, but as mentioned recently, in 1.81 there's a second parameter given to shipWillEnterWitchspace specifying where the jump is going. I'll add a property for it as well.
Did a new property end up being created for the next destination? Sorry if I missed the notification for this.
I decided to do this slightly differently in the end:
- if you want to know where they're actually going, you must check the parameter to shipWillEnterWitchspace, as they could run into a wormhole a frame before their jump countdown completes
- if you want to know where they're planning to go, you have their target system and I was going to add a property that showed route mode, so you could calculate the entire route they had planned yourself, rather than just knowing the next step.

Now you mention it, I can't actually find that route mode property, though. I thought I'd added it already, but I can't find it anywhere. I'll check and get back to you on that.
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

Did "tradeInFactor" make it into Oolite as a shader uniform? There was a bit of chat about it here
http://oolite.aegidian.org/bb/viewtopic ... 00#p206333 (and in a few posts higher up in that thread). I was wondering about maybe adding in a 'grime/paint chip effect' for the player and the NPC's - (the NPC ships would just use a random float value to decide their level of 'grimeyness')
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Yes - added in 1.80.
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

Brilliant, thanks cim :D
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Did I see a 1.82 tag on GitHub?!
Cody

Post by Cody »

Zireael wrote:
Did I see a 1.82 tag on GitHub?!
See here!
kanthoney
Commodore
Commodore

Post by kanthoney »

You did indeed. That hammering, nailing and occasional muttered oath you can hear in the background is Getafix building the final release builds.

That reminds me. Wasn't there something about pizza on occasions like this?