Cargo ejection

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

nijineko wrote:
what? you tossed food?
Interstellar food fight.

+++++GalNet Special Report+++++
"News just in. We have received reports that the police and GalNavy have deployed Behemoths and Leviathans to counter the escalation of the 'Custard Pie Missile Wars' in the space lanes over Ararus. This comes in the wake of the well-reported death of Dangerous-rated pilot Zaanf Olo after his Cobra Mark I was struck by a cargo pod full of chocolate gateaux which were thought to have been travelling at .32LM. Olo's last words were supposedly: "Death by Chocolate! AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!"
More on this story at 2300."

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by nijineko »

well, it's just that i would have thought that you'd have... other things, you know, besides food (like you'd really have any left after your, ah, friends got through with it...) to toss at the opponent. ^^
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?

Play games. Win Amazon gift cards! Brag. Repeat.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

You’re not suggesting he’d use a cute, fuzzy, defenceless little trumble as a missile, are you? Those trumbles are like kittens to him, each and every one!
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

Hum, he is known for supplying them to weapons factories. I don't think he finds trumbles cuter than the sweet profit he's been having - Trumble Inside(R) missile guidance systems are, after all, just a trademark, right?
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
Captain Hesperus

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Cmdr. Maegil wrote:
Hum, he is known for supplying them to weapons factories. I don't think he finds trumbles cuter than the sweet profit he's been having - Trumble Inside(R) missile guidance systems are, after all, just a trademark, right?
The Trumble Inside(R) missile guidance system comprises one actual Trumble, which has reached the end of it's reproductive stage and has entered the 'eat anything and everything' stage. At this point it's mouth is cauterised shut, electrodes are attached to it's brain allowing it to see with the missile's sensors so that when launched, it sees enemy ships with a overlaid message. 'Lunch is Served'.

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

so presumably instead of using an ECM you could dump a food container to use as "chaff" for a Trumble-Inside missile! he'd be like "locked, distance to target 1.5 .... 1.2 .... 0.7 ....oooh, twiglets!" and home in on them instead.
*cat
Dangerous
Dangerous

Truth is stranger...

Post by *cat »

Various millitary researchers in the past *have* experimented with Trumble Inside(R) style animal-guided weapons. There was an attempt at a pigeon-guided missile in WW2!
I'm still wishing my fleas could be put to a better use!
*cat
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Truth is stranger...

Post by TGHC »

*cat wrote:
I'm still wishing my fleas could be put to a better use!
I'll pm you my mother-in-law's address.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

TGHC wrote:
I'll pm you my mother-in-law's address.
A-ha!
Either you aren't nearly as old as you claim, you have a thing for pedophily or the old lady should be in a museum's paleonthology section.

C'mon, which is it?
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Cmdr. Maegil wrote:
Either you aren't nearly as old as you claim
Unfortunately I am, but having a mental age of 9 helps keep me young.
you have a thing for pedophily
I do go walking
or the old lady should be in a museum's paleonthology section.
in an urn actually, the medical bulletin states that her condition is satisfactory.
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

TGHC wrote:
Cmdr. Maegil wrote:
or the old lady should be in a museum's paleonthology section.
in an urn actually, the medical bulletin states that her condition is satisfactory.
Satisfactory for her age? That must mean "definitively stable"...
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Arrgh! I was playtesting Assassins 1.3 and the horrors of the mark I had to kill pailed into insignificant compered to the dreaded <poot>. I'd scooped his cargo and been trumbled!!! I don't know if this is native or OXP, but I'd have though the code that is used to create a trumbfing cargo pods should work for a missile that when it stikes, infects the target (well the player at least), with a trumble. Oh the horror!. But it would be cool if A-H equipped the Dubious Profit with these horrible weapons! :wink:
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Cmdr. Maegil wrote:
Satisfactory for her age? That must mean "definitively stable"...
No she's dead! and that is satisfactory! :wink:
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

LittleBear wrote:
But it would be cool if A-H equipped the Dubious Profit with these horrible weapons! :wink:
What, and give trumbles away? For free?!?

I'm not antisemitic or anything, but suddenly Mel Brooks came to mind... Jews in Space...
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

TGHC wrote:
Lol, you guys are crazy!