Oolite test release 1.67

Discussion and announcements regarding the Mac port… er, original version of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Uncle Reno
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Uncle Reno »

Ahruman wrote:
Uncle Reno wrote:
Also had a number of crashes to desktop, the last few lines in the console report are ...
OK, I think I’ve diagnosed and fixed this, but the conditions for the crash never manifest on my system. Am I correct in guessing you’ve got a multiprocessor/multicore Mac?
Sorry, no, just an eMac (1.25GHz, 512Mb memory). I haven't had any crashes since removing custsounds OXP though.
Ahruman wrote:
In any case, so I don’t forget to mention it later, I’d like some assistance with verifying this bug when the bug-fix release comes out (tonight or tomorrow).....
Yep, no problem. I'll put custsounds back in for testing.
"Get back or I unleash my lethal spotted batoid!!"

What I do when not reading the Oolite bulletin board!
johnsmith
Deadly
Deadly

Post by johnsmith »

Being an old-school sort, the yaw/pitch conflicts with my keyconfig.plist. Anyone else run into this?
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

I think it's called Advanced Nacugational Array, and is included in 1.67.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Uncle Reno
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Uncle Reno »

@TGHC. :? Have you got the right thread here? Your message doesn't seem to make sense.
"Get back or I unleash my lethal spotted batoid!!"

What I do when not reading the Oolite bulletin board!
johnsmith
Deadly
Deadly

Post by johnsmith »

I had a go with 1.68 beta, and it ships with the optional BBC key config. This clashes with the new yaw keys, "," and "." Suggestion -

1) either remove the BBC config from the package

or

2) preferred option, ammend the bbc config so it works. This might require some code changes so that <key>key_yaw_left</key> can be defined by keyconfig.plist. Any suggestions as to what the alternate keys should be for yaw, so as not to conflict with BBC keys? Maybe ";" and " ' " ?
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

1.68 errors in the 1.68 thread, please. :-)

key_yaw_left and key_yaw_right are supported in keyconfig.plist, and are in fact set in the default one (Oolite.app/Contents/Resources/Config/keyconfig.plist). The BBC layout doesn’t specify them because I don’t know my way around it and no-one has submitted an updated version yet.