Galactic Co-operative of Worlds Bulletin: The Orb

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Charlie wrote:
Ahruman has warned me that later releases of Oolite will be MUCH less tollerant of 'dodgy code'. We'll have to see if it's just my stuff that will be found out by this!
Note that 1.68 logs error reports for bad property lists.
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

I totally forgot about this. sorry.

How are you doing with the orb missiles?
I haven't done anything with them for quite a while.
Riding the Rocket!
Charlie
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Charlie »

Arexack_Heretic wrote:
I totally forgot about this. sorry.

How are you doing with the orb missiles?
I haven't done anything with them for quite a while.
Hi,
All my Oolite projects have been on hold while I've been tinkering with that 'modded A3000'...

So no progress I'm afraid...

I'll get back to it soon:
Most of the Orb bugs had been squashed :wink: & I was in the process of implementing new 8) stuff when I stopped ( Inc the missiles which were comming on rather well )
I'll need to get back to it soon as I'm forgetting how it all fits together & what I was up to! :roll:

As some of the 'bugs' were inherent to my 'coding style' ( ie non-existant ) it may be some time before I finish other projects as I'll probably have to do a thorough de-bug of my B.inc ships to make sure they function with new versions of Oolite.

Then of course I'll have to re-do them all again once I get my head round then new shaders... 8)
Benulobiweed.inc
By Appointment to
--- : GalCoop : ---

Your nearest Benulobiweed.inc dealer:
http://www.box.net/public/b2tic3tjsk#main

Charlie
nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by nijineko »

there are eyes inside the orb base ships.... made the mistake of blowing one up. all of it's captured ships (one of them was a liberator!!!) starting tossing missles and lasers my way... fortunately i did enough damage to slow the orb down, so i could keep up... and then couldn't turn around fast enough to get out of the way of the huge explosion. the game slowed to a crawl (which may have been some of the problem) and it spawned a bunch of boulders, which was followed by the mother of all qmine explosions.

oh and don't shoot white holes... spawned a huge number of orb ships. think of the kills i could have gotten though....
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?

Play games. Win Amazon gift cards! Brag. Repeat.