Recession

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Recession

Post by Cholmondely »

andrax_iON wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:16 am
... trying to digest the Economics wiki page, 20 pages of cim's thread on pirates/the npc ecosystem & wondering what a recession might look like in this context..

cheers!
Oh ... if you have any suggestions for improving our wiki, I'd be interested in reading them
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
andrax_iON
Competent
Competent

Post by andrax_iON »

WRT the current wiki page for Recession, I fear we may be dangling another carmine Clupidae with the "does not always work as envisaged (apart from the recession!)" claim.

The only impact to trade & economics that I can see in the scripts is the assignment of default commodity 'Furs' to the list of illegal goods (not yet confirmed in action, part of further testing). There's still a healthy profit to be had (in my case, running 'puters & booze between Qutiri/Isinor) so I'm unconvinced that any real impediment to clawing up the economic food-chain is included (planned for the final release but never implemented?).

cheers!

===

Update : further testing complete. As before - new Jameson @ Tionisla, this time with AntiZap as insurance. Found Othello & Co. at the Riedquat witchpoint beacon, lots o' traffic + a few nasties; final score, andrax 2 AntiZap 2.

Shortly after the fun, noticed the disappearance from scanner of Othello's Anaconda; lucky me, I was facing straight at the wormhole he disappeared down. After twenty-odd minutes playing ring-a-rosie 'round the witchspace beacon at Uszaa, I got bored again & quit.

I fear Othello's never gonna make it to Riedquat & I'm never gonna claim my reward for getting him there safely; either the pilot's got some kinda cognitive function issue or something ate the quarks in the nav. console.

BTW - the ban on Furs also seems to be broken; no change to legal status, despite flaunting the new law rather blatantly.
POEE CHAPLIN of the Diocese of Intemperate and Blasphemous Potentates (DIBP)
Hail Eris =><= All Hail, Discordia
I tell you: one must still have chaos in one, to give birth to a dancing star..
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

How would one code an overall economic recession for Oolite?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?