Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Military Fiasco not starting?

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

CmdrLUke
Deadly
Deadly

Re: Military Fiasco not starting?

Post by CmdrLUke »

CmdrLUke wrote:
Eric Walch wrote:
Bogatyr wrote:
The order for me on 1.77 was definitely: 1) ship encounters, 2) update status screens, 3) mission intro
That is definitely a bug, but one with a very low probability. Before the mission offer they are added with low probability and you need to kill 5 before you get an update screen.
And the mission is already offered with a score >1000 and a bounty < 5. So, probably you stayed a long time away from clean.

I will add a check to make sure you never receive an update screen before the mission was accepted.
(Bogatyr has filed a formal name change with GalCop restoring his original name, CmdrLUke)
No, I never maintain a bounty for long because I visit seedy space bars frequently. I'm pretty sure I started encountering the ships before 1000 kills but can't swear to that.
Just finished MF. The conclusion was fun! Strange, though, I encountered the Leviathan a number of times without it attacking me so I wasn't sure if it was the hijacked one or not. And once, the Leviathan was "confused" and just sat in space spinning around trying to decide where to go. Once, the Leviathan was taken out by a "true" Navy force!
Robin
Average
Average

Post by Robin »

Hi, similar to CmdrLUke's experiences I have just had a mission update screen (5 military ships killed) without having had an intro screen as my current commander's score has only just reached 300. Is there a condition or something I could add in to militaryFiasco.js to turn the updates off or keep the progresscount at zero until I get the intro? I'm using version 2.5.2 in Oolite 1.77.1. Looks exciting, can't wait to get started with it :D
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

:oops: :oops:

Since the message in March, I have a version 2.5.3 in my AddOns folder with this fixed. I just wanted to test it first before uploading. Somehow, I forgot to upload. A fixed version 2.5.3 is now available at the usual place.