Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

No, I'm not getting it... HELP!

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

ramon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ramon »

dajt wrote:
Note I tried this before without success (when importing Orbiter models), but other people may have some luck.
Do you think there's a chance we will ever have Orbiter style planets in Oolite? (That would be great wouldn' it)
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Murgh's Disco OXP running under the branch:-

This may not be a problem with AddPlanet as such, but rather that the planets are "coloured in" with the "land" "sea" and ratios in planetinfo rather than by adding a png texture.[/url]
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Charlie
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Charlie »

Quote:
'Do you think there's a chance we will ever have Orbiter style planets in Oolite? (That would be great wouldn' it)'

I'd like that too.
The current co-ordinate system is fine but my brain would appreciate something like:
addPlanet: <distance from star> <inclination of orbit> <planet axis> <rotation speed> <planetname>
addMoon: the same but referenced to a body other than the star, maybe with a term to denote reversed orbits?
<planet name> could point to planetinfo.plist for details eg: .png, clouds, non-standard models ( if other objects were to be used )

Hopefully the physics in Oolite could take care of the details...

For me such a change would be more to do with added flexibility & understanding than realism ( over-rated in my opinion ) but that would be a bonus.
Benulobiweed.inc
By Appointment to
--- : GalCoop : ---

Your nearest Benulobiweed.inc dealer:
http://www.box.net/public/b2tic3tjsk#main

Charlie
drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by drew »

Very cool blackhole. Looking forward to seeing that. Might pinch the ejecta stream for my pulsar...!

Cheers,

Drew.
Drew is an author of SF and Fantasy Novels
WebsiteFacebookTwitter