Commies.oxp (v2.07)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Commies.oxp (v2.07)

Post by dybal »

I got a 2.18 version (the Expansion Manager only has v2.17).

I found a problem with SLAPU and ZGF shipdata definitions: both have max_flight_speed = 0.001 and the core game considers any station with max_flight_speed > 0 a carrier and doesn't allow saving the game while docked there.

They also have non-zero max_flight_pitch and max_flight_roll, I can't imagine why...
GearsNSuch
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by GearsNSuch »

Well that’s bizarre. It appears those numbers are the same in 2.17. Will fix in the next version, whenever that comes out.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Just tried docking with a SLAPU - it seemed to be dancing a jig - rotating like billy-oh - and I managed a "hit space commander" during the docking process. As remarked earlier, the Astromine Gulags are trying to transmogrify themselves into rock hermits.

Is this hopeful? Are these nascent signs of the long awaited counter-revolution which the free world has been dreaming of and eagerly awaiting? Will the Tsar finally return in his full glory?

We wait with bated breath!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dybal »

Found a problem in shipdata.plist: there are several instances of scoop_position being assigned a string with three number separated by commas... that's not what the parser expect, it expects a string with three number separated by whitespace...

We have:

Code: Select all

scoop_position = "0.0, -2.5, 20.0";
It should be:

Code: Select all

scoop_position = "0.0 -2.5 20.0";

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

GearsNSuch wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:06 pm
Any chance of telling us a bit about your HUD? Or even publishing it at some stage?

And... Happy New Year for 2022! How was the Xmas break?
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
GearsNSuch
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by GearsNSuch »

Cholmondely wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:02 pm
Any chance of telling us a bit about your HUD? Or even publishing it at some stage?

And... Happy New Year for 2022! How was the Xmas break?
Awakening from my slumber to say-

The HUD was part of an old project to give each ship a unique cockpit, similar to the style of the x-wing / TIE fighter games. I doubt I’ll get around to completing it. The Cobra’s about the only one with any progress- may try and finish that one? I found Oolite’s HUD system to be… entertaining to use, the primary reason I dropped the project. It isn’t finished, but I would be happy to provide my source files to the community. Note that its code is based on a modified Dangerous HUD OXP- I think the license allows modification but I would have to check.

Regarding the commies reworks, those have fallen by the wayside too. I remember the Astromine is almost done barring a final texture pass, and there are a few other texture updates I made too. May publish that at some point. I’ve transferred Oolite business to a new Linux machine, so I still need to sort all that out. Don’t have an abundance of time at the moment and most is being consumed by other projects. The last items that need to be reworked, the SLAPU, factory, and Carrier, all have very early models. We’ll see if they get done. Again, I’d be happy to publish the source files to the community. Anyone could easily surpass my skill at modeling and texturing.

Thank you! Christmas / New Year’s was good. Years get shorter every time… Hope yours was pleasant as well.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Missing shiplibrary.plist: https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.ph ... 82#p285482 (for Expansions Manager version, v.2.17)
Last edited by Cholmondely on Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comments wanted:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Re: Commies.oxp (v2.18)

Post by Cholmondely »

GearsNSuch wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:10 pm
Well that’s bizarre.
Only just realised that there was a new download (v.2.18)!

I've posted it on the wiki-page with this picture of the new ships.

v.2.18 even has the shiplibrary.plist included!

(The Sourcefiles include early 2019 models for the SpaceGulag, but no other stations).

A major, major improvement: "thank you" GearsNSuch!

Comments wanted: