Commies.oxp (v2.07)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Commies.oxp (v2.07)

Post by Switeck »

Part of this may be intentional, for the monitoring station placed right at the witchpoint.
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by Fatleaf »

But that can't be right for anything to survive a supernovae. It would glow whit hot very quickly and just spend the rest of the time throwing sparks. It wouldn't look right.
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Okti wrote:
Looking at Commies code, it does not check for if the system has gone nova.
I have added it for a next release.
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

If you're going to make a new release of Commies, any chance you'll make changes to its commodities market?

Also, Commies in interstellar space might want to check for other ships or events happening there.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Switeck wrote:
If you're going to make a new release of Commies, any chance you'll make changes to its commodities market?
Apologies for this prime example of thread necromancy. 8)
For the second time to my knowledge a player working through my Xeptatl's Sword mission OXP has encountered an issue caused by this OXP.
The problem is that as part of Xeptatl's Sword you find yourself stranded in Galaxy Six at Beanxeat, one of the unreacheable systems, without an obvious way to leave. One of the Xeptatl sub-missions allows you (by unconventional means) to obtain a Galactic Hyperdrive so that you can leave.
Beanxeat is a Communist tech-level 9 world, and was chosen for its modest TL as gal-drives are not available there.
Not available there unless you have Commies OXP installed! It seems that gal-drives are available from one of the stations added by Commies. So to follow on from Switeck's request of a year ago, can I suggest that the equipment market used by this OXP also be changed so that the market reflects the market a planet of this status should really have please.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

I have no problem in removing bugs or improving this oxp. But, it is not my oxp and giving some station a specific tech level is clearly a decision of Dr. Nil that I don't want to change.

Apparently, it is only one system that is affected. So I think it would be better that your oxp checks for that station and removes it when the mission is active. And because there might be many more oxp's adding such stations and not only Commies, It is better that you check the tech level of all stations and remove the unwanted.

e.g.

Code: Select all

this._blowUpHighTechStations = function ()
{
	system.filteredEntities(this, function (entity)
	{
		if (entity.isStation && entity.equivalentTechLevel > ?)
		{
			entity.explode();
		}
	});
};
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Eric Walch wrote:
Apparently, it is only one system that is affected.
I can sort of see a logic to this as being a way to allow players to escape, although of course in the 'normal' game they will not be able to get there in the first place. :wink:
Thanks for the coding suggestion - something i might take up in a future 'bugfix' release. There are several parts of Xeptatl's Sword which are open to influence by other OXPs (including one or two of mine :roll: :oops: :lol: ) so I'll add this to the list of tweaks to be made at some point.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

Commies v2.11 and retextures are merged in v2.12 in the wiki and added into the oxz expansion manager of Oolite 1.79.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Commies.oxp v2.13

Post by Norby »

[wiki]Commies[/wiki] v2.13 removed the quotes out of the name of Sun Ray to avoid the computer pronouncing them audibly when it's passing on the radio chatter, as requested here.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Commies.oxp v2.14

Post by Norby »

Commies v2.14 contain markets and updated scripts for current version of Oolite (1.82 and onwards), thanks to phkb.
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Thanks Norby. BTW, ILS seems to have a problem docking the Astromine convicts, largely I think due to the fact that the docking port of Astrofactories is off centre by quite a ways. I sat outside an Astromine and watched as convict after convict detonated against the central pylon of the station. It was sad, in a way...

Edit: I expect the same probably applies to the SLAPU.
Keeper
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Keeper »

Years ago I made some different textures to fix "problems" with Amaranth's retexturing. The main problem was that a few things that used to have different textures now had identical textures. Notably the three Worker's Commuters, and the Guard & Viper rays. So I made some slight coloration differences between the three Worker's Commuters, and made the Guard have a military green in place of the white.

In addition, there was a solar panel with a painted-on reflection, which looks really silly in motion, so I replaced the solar panels with the same sort of glowing green power panels that are on the Kiota stations.

You may want to add these to the next version.
http://www.keeper1st.com/Oolite/commiestex.zip
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Commies.oxp v2.15

Post by Norby »

In v 2.15:
Added code to utilise Station Validator, if installed.
Added improved texture files, courtesy of Keeper.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

Comrades,

I'm getting this in the log, fairly regularly (though just how regularly, I have not checked):
[commies.populator]: OOPS! No com liners spawned (1)
I have Commies 2.16 and Oolite 1.88.
phkb
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

UK_Eliter wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:50 pm
I'm getting this in the log, fairly regularly (though just how regularly, I have not checked):

[commies.populator]: OOPS! No com liners spawned (1)
It can be ignored. The addShips method being utilised may decide (for reasons known only to itself!) not to create the ships you requested. So, an attempt was made to add the com liners, but it returned nothing, meaning no ships were created, and so I included a log file notification of the fact. I get these in my log file fairly regularly, but I also see com liners in system, so I know it's working most of the time. I think you can safely ignore these messages.

This is a bit of a hold-over from my conversion of the population script to use the new populator functions. I could add code to try the addition a second time, but given they are only for scenery I didn't think it was vital.