Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Missionaries.OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Missionaries.OXP

Post by Cholmondely »

Cody wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 12:40 pm
Mognose? Are the felines taking over?
Not the felines. Montana! He's the only chap who understands what's going on with all those bemusing, befuddling and bewildering ship .oxp's!

Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Old Murgh
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by Old Murgh »

montana05 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 12:45 pm
Here we go: https://app.box.com/s/h7zufbuor8ngy9hukhzpamljre3rf79k. New decals, now busy as miners and scavengers with a small chance as a shuttle. Some small tweaks are still needed, and I guess I will only assign them to low tech systems. However, as soon as phkb changed the name of the Hognose OXP this package could be uploaded.
I only get a spinning, shining white ghost in the ship preview for the Hognose. Is this a shader issue?

On the opposite end of the polygon spectrum, this is what my Not-so-Happy-Eye Skink vessel is looking like..Image
A personal low-poly record for me..
I was young, I was naïve. [EliteWiki] Jonny Cuba made me do it!
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Old Murgh wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:20 pm
I only get a spinning, shining white ghost in the ship preview for the Hognose. Is this a shader issue?

On the opposite end of the polygon spectrum, this is what my Not-so-Happy-Eye Skink vessel is looking like..
A personal low-poly record for me..
Seems to be a shader issue, please stand by, there might be a copy & paste error referring to a file not included in the package. Shiplibrary.plist already has one.

Edit: Found it, a texture was missing. I didn't see it at my test because the map is part of another package as well. :oops:

Your version looks great, but so do all your other iron ass ships as well. :wink:
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
Old Murgh
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by Old Murgh »

montana05 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:16 am
Found it, a texture was missing. I didn't see it at my test because the map is part of another package as well. :oops:

Your version looks great, but so do all your other iron ass ships as well. :wink:
Good, a relief my hardware wasn't the reason. Looking forward to the fix.
And thanks, nice to hear you find the style appealing.
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Old Murgh wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:55 am
montana05 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:16 am
Found it, a texture was missing. I didn't see it at my test because the map is part of another package as well. :oops:

Good, a relief my hardware wasn't the reason. Looking forward to the fix.
And thanks, nice to hear you find the style appealing.
My apologies for the delay, here is the new version: https://app.box.com/s/jz485uykgjr6pxiw992gvu9s8w2fa0jx.

This one is overhauled, a little expanded and, if no other bugs are showing up, ready for the expansion manager. The condition script is still disabled so no limits were to encounter this ships.
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Nick was so kind to rename the Hognose on the expansion manager to Hognose Missionaries so if there are no other error reports this package will be uploaded tomorrow as Hognose, wiki will be corrected accordingly.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Great news!

I think that I would have to say that I regard Missionaries & Hotrods as being amongst the most atmospheric additional oxp's (together with the systems oxp's), in terms of how they change the feeling of the game.
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Seems like a good place to ask this:

In my old butchered Griff version (named Hogster.oxp), I have roles = "trader(0.2)"; in its shipdata.plist
If I want to expand its roles, will this work: roles = "trader(0.2)""scavanger(0.2)""trader-smuggler(0.2)";
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

Code: Select all

roles = "trader(0.2) scavenger(0.2) trader-smuggler(0.2)";
Spaces between the role types with the quotes only at the beginning and the end.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
Cody

Post by Cody »

Thank you, sir!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Old Murgh
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by Old Murgh »

montana05 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:24 am
My apologies for the delay, here is the new version: https://app.box.com/s/jz485uykgjr6pxiw992gvu9s8w2fa0jx.

This one is overhauled, a little expanded and, if no other bugs are showing up, ready for the expansion manager. The condition script is still disabled so no limits were to encounter this ships.
I now get a greatlooking Hognose in the Library. But I'm having trouble calling up the whole set in the gallery, I don't get an appearance when searching for hognose, griff_hognose, griff_hognose_prospector etc. Do you know any reason for this? What is your secret code word?

Meanwhile in lowpolyworld, an attempt at an Ironass Blessed Barque, here the Lyre by Blewitt&Beasley.
Fun with Smivs' KraitFlasherTrick, but maybe a bit too Uboatesque to conjure sacerdotal rapture.
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Old Murgh wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:53 pm
I now get a greatlooking Hognose in the Library. But I'm having trouble calling up the whole set in the gallery, I don't get an appearance when searching for hognose, griff_hognose, griff_hognose_prospector etc. Do you know any reason for this? What is your secret code word?
Did you activate the condition script ? It limits the Hognose to systems with techlevel lower than 7. Gallery will not show any of these ships if your location got a higher techlevel.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Old Murgh wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:53 pm
Meanwhile in lowpolyworld, an attempt at an Ironass Blessed Barque, here the Lyre by Blewitt&Beasley.
Fun with Smivs' KraitFlasherTrick, but maybe a bit too Uboatesque to conjure sacerdotal rapture.
Interesting....
Comments wanted:
Old Murgh
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by Old Murgh »

montana05 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:17 am
Did you activate the condition script ? It limits the Hognose to systems with techlevel lower than 7. Gallery will not show any of these ships if your location got a higher techlevel.
No just adding the pack as is. I feel I can usually access any object never encountered in the gallery as long as I search for the right word. I can try custom renaming a copy tomorrow to see if that will make a difference.
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Old Murgh wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:39 am
montana05 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:17 am
No just adding the pack as is. I feel I can usually access any object never encountered in the gallery as long as I search for the right word. I can try custom renaming a copy tomorrow to see if that will make a difference.
Strange, I just tried with the same package and under "Gallery of all Objects" with search for "griff_hognose" I could see all 5 ships. :?

However, the latest version should be on the expansion manager in about 1 h. Since I wasn't particular happy with the textures of the Hognose II I changed them in the last minute. Some other small tweaks happened as well.