Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Deposed Mission

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Cos
Dangerous
Dangerous

Deposed Mission

Post by Cos »

Right I tracked down 3 of the black widow ships in a system near Edorque, killed them off but no reward when i get back to the system I started the mission in, cant remember what it was called? Are there more out there or other systems?
Further to this if say I arrive in a system and get to the station, once I've fueled up and sold my ill gotten gains (yes I'm a bit of a pirate), :) :) how do I get back into the "corridor" from the witch beacon to the planet so I can keep fighting without having to jump to another system?

:D

Cos
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Its been so long since a played it I can't remember! Do an author search for Wobat (he wrote it). There is a thread on the boads that deals with this somwhere under expansion packs (i think). If you look through Wombat's posts you be able to find where he answered this.

When authors release an OXP they usually start a new thread with the OXPs name in expansion packs. You should really post under that thread, you may also find the answer their. Authors always welcome feedback, bug reports and and suggestions, but it is a bit of a pain to trawl the whole boads. It makes it easier if the discussion can be kept in one place. :wink:
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Cmdr. Wombat
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Cmdr. Wombat »

LittleBear wrote:
Its been so long since a played it I can't remember! Do an author search for Wobat (he wrote it). There is a thread on the boads that deals with this somwhere under expansion packs (i think). If you look through Wombat's posts you be able to find where he answered this.

When authors release an OXP they usually start a new thread with the OXPs name in expansion packs. You should really post under that thread, you may also find the answer their. Authors always welcome feedback, bug reports and and suggestions, but it is a bit of a pain to trawl the whole boads. It makes it easier if the discussion can be kept in one place. :wink:
Wot he said.

Are you sure you returned to Esarqure? If you did and didn't meet our good lobstoid friend, then I'm not sure what's happened...
It is generally inadvisable to eject over the target you just bombed.
Cos
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cos »

Yes I definately went back, but got zippo when I docked, I'm wondering if I missed one or something and there are more than 3 of the ships.

Cos
Cmdr. Wombat
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Cmdr. Wombat »

Cos wrote:
Yes I definately went back, but got zippo when I docked, I'm wondering if I missed one or something and there are more than 3 of the ships.

Cos
Nope, just three. Do me a favor and use a text editor to look in your savefile. What's the mission_deposed variable set to?
Cos
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cos »

Hello again, I'm looking at my save file, and I think I've found where the entry is for the deposed mission but not sure what I'm looking at, what should it say?

Cheers Wombat

Cos
Cmdr. Wombat
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Cmdr. Wombat »

Cos wrote:
Hello again, I'm looking at my save file, and I think I've found where the entry is for the deposed mission but not sure what I'm looking at, what should it say?

Cheers Wombat

Cos
You should find something like:

Code: Select all

<key>mission_deposed</key>
		<string>MISSION_COMPLETE</string>
What does it say under the mission_deposed line (hopefully not MISSION_COMPLETE - more likely something like PIRATE6)?
Cos
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cos »

Hi Cmdr Wombat, whatever the problem was (yes I know- me) appears to be sorted because the next time I killed off all three ships when I reached the planet I got the reward. I've moved onto the drug factory mission and yes you guessed it- I can't find it. I take it's near the planet?

Cheers

Cos

P.s I'm really enjoying Deposed, Oolite will definately benefit from more Oxp's such as this.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Would a drugs factory really be in the space lanes?

There are other places to go between the beacon and the planet. Try looking in less obvious places. (HINT)
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Cos
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cos »

Well I've been to the sun and found nothing, I didn't think there was anywhere else?? I'll just try to fly about a bit and see what happens, many thanks for the advice. :)

Cos
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

Jump in and head away from the w/s beacon. (away frm the planet)
Cos
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cos »

Cheers little bear trying it now. :D

Cos