Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

I've just made ---ELITE---

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Prophaniti
Above Average
Above Average

I've just made ---ELITE---

Post by Prophaniti »

Well I've finally got there. It took ages and I even managed to contrive doing it at Lave, where it all started. Phew! :D 8)

Thanks to Giles for a great game and thanks to all the OXP writers who have added so much extra to it.

Proph'
Oolite is a Human-Sized Robot that Fears Nothing, dissolves in Water, and swats Aeroplanes like Flies.
Cmdr. Wombat
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Cmdr. Wombat »

Congrats!!! :D

Only ~700 kills to get there myself...
It is generally inadvisable to eject over the target you just bombed.
lex_talionis
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lex_talionis »

Cmdr. Wombat wrote:
Congrats!!! :D

Only ~700 kills to get there myself...
Ha! Only he says...

mutter mutter grumble grumble

hehe. i need... a LOT more!
edible poet? onna stick?
Davemak
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Davemak »

About double that myself.

So was there any fanfare on the award or did it just click to ELITE on F5?
Nuke 'em 'til they glow; then shoot 'em in the dark!
Prophaniti
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Prophaniti »

You just get a 'Right On Commander!' and 'Deadly' :arrow: '---ELITE---'
I'm not sure I really want a big fanfare, maybe a congrats message from the appropriate authorities when you next dock would be nice. Otherwise I'm happy to have made it this far.
Oolite is a Human-Sized Robot that Fears Nothing, dissolves in Water, and swats Aeroplanes like Flies.
ramon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ramon »

wow! I've never made Elite on any version of the game! I've got ages before I do on this one too, so well done! Now go and find Raxala :wink:
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: I've just made ---ELITE---

Post by TGHC »

Prophaniti wrote:
Well I've finally got there. It took ages and I even managed to contrive doing it at Lave, where it all started.
Right On Commander!!!!

Hope you did it the proper way, without embellishing your player files, if so - Respect!
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
stevesims
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by stevesims »

I made it to Elite on Oolite a long long time ago - over two years ago now.

Then Giles changed the counters to match Elite kills, and I was back at Competent. I think I'd only racked up 256 kills... :-)

Still haven't made it back to Elite since then - real life keeps getting in the way, so I rarely get a chance to play these days.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

A congratulations message would be a very easy hack to do. Might do a quick hack when I finish assassins!
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Prophaniti
Above Average
Above Average

Re: I've just made ---ELITE---

Post by Prophaniti »

TGHC wrote:
Hope you did it the proper way, without embellishing your player files, if so - Respect!
But of course. I did have to tweak it a couple of times due to OXP mission problems (spyhunter and military) and of course I've been killed and loaded the savegame. I don't think it's possible to get to Elite without getting killed at least once.
CWolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CWolf »

I think a congratulations, some music and maybe a permenant 3d model of an Elite badge spinning on your F5 screen would be Perfect.
The act of talking b*ll*cks whilst waving one's arms about wildly is referred to as testiculation.

LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

OFF TOPIC:-

Prophaniti would you mind if a pinch your avanta to use as a background PNG for the Assassins Guild OXP. All the various powers (like the triads, mafia etc) have a "calling card" that appears in the background when a mission briefing relating to them appears. Your sinister avanta would be just the job for the Assassins Guild "callling card". No happy with the one I'm using at the moment (currently my avanta!).
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Prophaniti
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Prophaniti »

My avatar is currently remote linked at the following address:
http://avatars.jurko.net/avt/korku8.png

Edit: apparently not at this exact address. Look at some of the later page numbers. I don't own the copyright on the image but I'm not sure the site I got it from does either. :?
lex_talionis
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lex_talionis »

it's on page two.
edible poet? onna stick?