Taranis Corporation HQ...

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Taranis Corporation HQ...

Post by another_commander »

Cody wrote:
Can they be suppressed with logcontrol.plist?
The easiest way to achieve suppression of those oxp-standards.* messages is to add this line in your .GNUstepDefaults:

Code: Select all

"enforce-oxp-standards" = 0;
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Making sure to back-up one's .GNUstepDefaults file first, of course! Thankee, Admiral!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Roberto wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:16 pm
It's a shame how things have gone recently - Giles's departure coinciding with the corruption/loss of Oosat. I hope in time Winston can get it back to something like its former glory.

I learned a lot putting together the Taranis OXP - having got my first ship design out of the way, I wanted to add something new to the game. Managed to achieve just about everything I wanted (with a lot of help/advice from others), except for automatic-docking facilities and a shipyard selling only company ships. The mission is pretty short, but hopefully enjoyable - and will be expanded in the future.
Roberto ended up putting this in for the station's ship.data.plist:

Code: Select all

<key>hasShipyard</key>
		<false/>
Is there any way to tweak things so that his Taranis shipyard does what he wanted? The Taranis Corp ships are just two: Outrider (on the Expansions Manager, thanks to Montana - identifier is "outrider-player") & the Navy Frigate.

Oh! And ditto for the F3 ships chandlers - if I wanted to have special set of offerings there, how would I do it?
Last edited by Cholmondely on Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Re:

Post by montana05 »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:56 pm
Oh! And ditto for the F3 ships chandlers - if I wanted to have special set of offerings there, how would I do it?
It is possible, you just need to remove all available ships from the shipyard first and then add the ships that should be sold. Read here for the details: https://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Oolit ... e:_Station

Please note that only player versions of ships could be added, and a shipyard.plist entry of this version must exist. If extras are defined they should be automatically added to the ship.

EDIT: Added some more details
Last edited by montana05 on Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

montana05 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:18 pm
It is possible, you just need to remove all available ships from the shipyard first and then add the ships that should be sold. Read here for the details: https://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Oolit ... e:_Station
Thanks. Do I understand correctly that I can only add specific individual ships? And if so, can I use an array to provide some different choices?

And on the shop front, any good ideas about this: ... visitors will be able to take advantage of tech-level-15 ship-outfitting facilities and a shop selling a range of luxury items bearing the Taranis logo (from wiki page!).
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:18 pm
montana05 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:18 pm
Thanks. Do I understand correctly that I can only add specific individual ships? And if so, can I use an array to provide some different choices?

And on the shop front, any good ideas about this: ... visitors will be able to take advantage of tech-level-15 ship-outfitting facilities and a shop selling a range of luxury items bearing the Taranis logo (from wiki page!).
After you got an empty shipyard, you can add whatever craft you desire and yes, you can use an array for different choices. Tech-level 15 outfitting could be set in the shipdata.plist, "equivalent_tech_level" = 14; and the luxury items could be defined at the station's market.

For tech-level 15 you might want to add a catch, usually higher prices. To see how arrays are used for a dictionary you can check out most of my OXP's, usually the crews of the escape crafts are assigned like that.

EDIT: Added and removed details which belonged to another message :oops:
Last edited by montana05 on Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Problems!

The original shipdata.plist for the station (with the "no" for the shipyard) is in legacy script.

Can I add an override shipdata.plist in javascript within the oxp itself, and if so, how?
Comments wanted:
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Cholmondely wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:08 pm
Problems!

The original shipdata.plist for the station (with the "no" for the shipyard) is in legacy script.

Can I add an override shipdata.plist in javascript within the oxp itself, and if so, how?
You can, and if you have a look at the Outrider you can see exactly how. :wink:
DavidG
Above Average
Above Average

Post by DavidG »

Probably something obvious, but I can’t seem to get a mission to start. Taranis oxp installed, and installed outrider oxp last night, but on docking at HQ, no screen to start a mission. I couldn’t see Navy Frigate in the manager, did I miss it or is that installed with the main oxp. Any other reason it may not start?
Cheers!
Dave
DavidG
Above Average
Above Average

Post by DavidG »

Scrap that, just realised I’ve completed it! Doh!