GNN adding custom/external backgrounds

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Zafrusteria
Above Average
Above Average

GNN adding custom/external backgrounds

Post by Zafrusteria »

I have created some generic backgrounds for GNN, but am having random results when trying to use them.

In my oxp in this.startUpComplete() i have

Code: Select all

this.$GNN._addExtImages([["ShrewsRights_GNN_11.png", "ShrewsRights_GNN_12.png", "ShrewsRights_GNN_13.png"], ["ShrewsRights_GNN_21.png", "ShrewsRights_GNN_22.png", "ShrewsRights_GNN_23.png"], ["ShrewsRights_GNN_31.png", "ShrewsRights_GNN_32.png", "ShrewsRights_GNN_33.png"], ["ShrewsRights_GNN_41.png", "ShrewsRights_GNN_42.png", "ShrewsRights_GNN_43.png"]], this.name);
This should register three images for each on the four news channels.

In the debug console after running and while docked I can see them as being registered with:

worldScripts.GNN.$doop.expImages
and

worldScripts.GNN.$doop.expPrefixes
Gives this the expected result of the array of arrays and

["ShrewsRights"]
Then again from the debug console I can use the following to show a new article, that will "sometimes" show the correct background image and "sometimes" just pick one at random. The image displayed seems to be random and also use the stock images from the oxp. :shock:

>worldScripts.GNN._insertNews({ID: "ShrewsRights", Message: "Simple test text to keep it simple", Agency: 3, Priority: 1, Pic: {name: "ShrewsRights_GNN_32.png", height: 512,}, PicExt: "ShrewsRights"})
In the JS script I and calling something like:

let news.params = {ShrewsRights_what_was_attacked: "Some big thing I attacked"};
this.$GNN._insertNews({
            ID:       this.name,
            Message:  expandMissionText("ShrewsRights_news" + this.$missionNewsCount, news.params),
            Agency:   news.agency,
            Priority: 1,
            Pic: {name: "ShrewsRights_GNN_" + news.agency + ~~(Math.random() * 3 + 1) + ".png", height: 512},
            PicExt: this.name, });
Any ideas?