Equipment-overrides :-/

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Equipment-overrides :-/

Post by Killer Wolf »

phkb wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:44 pm

Code: Select all

this.updateEquipmentPrice - function (equipment, currentPrice) {
Your problem is in this line. That should be an = before “function”, not a -.
that's the chap! much obliged.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Killer Wolf wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:37 am
much obliged.
As are we all! Especially If you are adding to Zaonce...

(and have you seen Stranger's planet texture for Zaonce? Or the Rough Guide page?)

Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

sigh.
so all the equipment seems wrking now, but when i go to my F8 the market is all zeros. i have no amended commodities list, why's the market data not populating?

TIA
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

You do know that commodities.plists/scripts have changed since cim got his hands on them?

The old solution of just ignoring it (and having the main orbital market copied over) no longer works. Hence the issues with the markets in your various stations (Sothis, Nephthys, etc.). And why they never appeared on the Expansions Manager until Montana05 got busy with them.

This does not apply to stations replacing the main orbital station - just the extra stations in the system.

There is a fix which Spara/Diziet Sma were pushing: see http://bb.aegidian.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19100

References (probably more detail than any non-member of the Admiralty can stomach)

Trade-goods.plist - cim's replacement for the old commodities.plist since Oolite v.1.80

Basic market fix for old oxps (repetition of the fix in the above thread)
MasterClass: How to OXP (updating SoThisTC)

The Masterclass contains some ideas for just slightly tweaking quantities and prices so that the market is not exactly identical to the main station market.
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:46 pm
You do know that commodities.plists/scripts have changed since cim got his hands on them?

The old solution of just ignoring it (and having the main orbital market copied over) no longer works. Hence the issues with the markets in your various stations (Sothis, Nephthys, etc.). And why they never appeared on the Expansions Manager until Montana05 got busy with them.

This does not apply to stations replacing the main orbital station - just the extra stations in the system.

There is a fix which Spara/Diziet Sma were pushing: see http://bb.aegidian.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19100

References (probably more detail than any non-member of the Admiralty can stomach)

Trade-goods.plist - cim's replacement for the old commodities.plist since Oolite v.1.80

The Masterclass contains some ideas for just slightly tweaking quantities and prices so that the market is not exactly identical to the main station market.
We could extend the wiki pages for OXP creation with guidelines for ships and stations?
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

hiran wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:51 pm
We could extend the wiki pages for OXP creation with guidelines for ships and stations?
We could... The problem is that Killer Wolf's little finger knows more about building stations/ships than I ever will...

I think that I did add a couple of relevant links a year or two ago - but for people wishing to update old stations, not build new ones.

KW's problem is purely one of having successfully designed stations under the old regime.

Changes in the markets have rendered the old techniques inutile (you could pretty much ignore the station market if you so wished, and then the main orbital market would just be copied over to your additional station - now you have to define it).
Comments wanted:
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:46 pm

i did not! ton of reading there, thanks for that. i'll go for the easiest option ~ i love modelling but all this scripty and fiddly stuff starts to chew at me in very short order, one reason i gave up trying to get the wrecked station mission to work. just haven't got the patience for it, given my scant spare time and long list of backlogged other stuff. hopefully will get this out the door in the coming week.
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

If you decide to go with the "spara" method of setting up the commodities at your station have a look at this handy tool for figuring out the necessary strings in the [unique-name]_market.js file.

COMMODITY CALCULATOR

Also remember that with the "spara" method you have to reference the [unique-name]_market.js file in the shipdata.plist entry for your station.

Code: Select all

market_script = "[unique-name]_market.js";
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

The reason cim originally wrote the market update was do make the process of defining markets easier, so unless were trying to convert an old OXP, we should probably be using the new definitions, not going back to the old methods.

Everything you need to know is in this section of the trade-good.plist file on the wiki: https://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Trade-goods.plist#Secondary_Market_Definitions.
I'd just be copy-pasting info here to go through how the definition works. But to see a custom one in action, check out the Pulsar Monitoring station in the "Tianve.oxp" (v2). If you dock at the station you can see what has happened with the market based on the definition.