A returning Muppet needs assistance...

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Getafix

JCODell
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

A returning Muppet needs assistance...

Post by JCODell »

Greetings Commanders,

So as the the heading states, I am returning to the game after a loooonnnnggggg absence, and I have run into a issue with a OXP I have added to the game, and my limited knowledge and fumblings have not rectified the problem.

I have added a slightly outdated OXP - STAR WARS ships and no matter what I do you cant seem to get a Front mounted weapon for love nor money.
- Various ships that I try get AFT / PORT weapons slots but no Forward facing weapons are available.
- I have tried (unsucsesfully obviously) to ammned in the Shipyard / SHipdata files but nothing.

I remember years ago when i last played this I did somehow stumble on a answer, but Im not having much luck here.

Any of you talented people could point me in the right direction or have solved this themselves and could help I would be grateful.

Many thanks.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: A returning Muppet needs assistance...

Post by Cholmondely »

JCODell wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:36 am
Greetings Commanders,

So as the the heading states, I am returning to the game after a loooonnnnggggg absence, and I have run into a issue with a OXP I have added to the game, and my limited knowledge and fumblings have not rectified the problem.

I have added a slightly outdated OXP - STAR WARS ships and no matter what I do you can't seem to get a Front mounted weapon for love nor money.
- Various ships that I try get AFT / PORT weapons slots but no Forward facing weapons are available.
- I have tried (unsuccessfully obviously) to ammned? in the Shipyard / Shipdata files but nothing.

I remember years ago when i last played this I did somehow stumble on a answer, but Im not having much luck here.

Any of you talented people could point me in the right direction or have solved this themselves and could help I would be grateful.

Many thanks.
Alas, this one is beyond my ken!

A list of your loaded oxp's would probably help whoever does come to your aid, as might your latest.log (which has that list in it). Do you have the LogEvents.oxp loaded?

And is the problem just with the ships in the Star Wars oxp - or all of them?

But, welcome back...

There are some super new oxps out there to investigate...
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Welcome back, commander!
JCODell wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:36 am
I have added a slightly outdated OXP - STAR WARS ships and no matter what I do you cant seem to get a Front mounted weapon for love nor money.
In shipyard.plist, make sure you have

Code: Select all

"weapon_facings" = 15;
in the ship data key entry for your player ship.

In shipdata.plist, make sure each weapon position is defined:
eg:

Code: Select all

weapon_position_forward = "-0.0961 0.9367 43.4655";
		weapon_position_aft = "0.0 0.0 -32.5";
		weapon_position_port = "-40.0 2.17 -4.33";
		weapon_position_starboard = "40.0 2.17 -4.33";
(those are just sample positions. What you need in your ship will depend on the model).

I think that should be everything you need to allow weapons in all mounts. We might need to have a look at the shipyard.plist file and the ship key entry from shipdata.plist to make sure, though.
JCODell
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by JCODell »

Fixed thank you.

The Fault was in BOTH the Shipyard & ShipData files.

The front weapon positons were either missing or WAY off. Bit of trail & error is all sorted.

Much apreciated all.