Tianve 2.0

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Re: Tianve 2.0

Post by phkb »

Cholmondely wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:38 pm
Looking better and better...

Does the pulsar in 2.3 rotate?
Not yet. I’d previously kept Drew’s spinning planetoid, but I couldn’t get it to be fully lit on all sides (one side always had a shadow) which I thought detracted from the overall effect. The current version doesn’t have the spinning planet at all.

Should the “arms” or the pulsar rotate around the central part, do you think?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

phkb wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:30 pm
Cholmondely wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:38 pm
Looking better and better...

Does the pulsar in 2.3 rotate?
Not yet. I’d previously kept Drew’s spinning planetoid, but I couldn’t get it to be fully lit on all sides (one side always had a shadow) which I thought detracted from the overall effect. The current version doesn’t have the spinning planet at all.

Should the “arms” or the pulsar rotate around the central part, do you think?
Whichever is easier to programme - and which looks reasonable.

Other putative tweaks:
•Is there point in adding some/all of the ships into a shiplibrary.plist? I can provide blurb if you think it worthwhile.
•Or in adding Rebecca to Library's PAD?
•New Cargo specials for the Monitoring Station?
Bottles of Pulsar Padlamanggan (locally distilled under the concentrated light of the pulsar: this exotic liquer is created in our dedicated distillery from the most exquisitely macerated mangoes from tropical Tianve), special large Bemearean Walnut rotating models of the Tianve Pulsar (an Aegidian Woodworks special, each hand-crafted by artisans imbued with complexities of the Celestial Codes of Creation), limited edition holostims of Arbuthnot of Digebiti's renowned Puce Pulsar Painting (from the Manse of the Magnificent Master of Atrienxe).
•Moving the pulsar further out for Additional Planets, Stranger's World & Norby's FarPlanets (I presume that his "Famous" AddOn includes Tianve).
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
phkb

Post by phkb »

Regarding moving the pulsar further out, I’m running into a limitation in Oolite. Flashers (which I’m using to create the pulsar), are not visible more than 2400-2500km away, no matter how big I make them. Which means, if I move it further away, you wouldn’t be able to see it from the station, or the witch point.

Which may not be a problem, but it’s certainly a consideration. I could come up with a hand-wavium reason for the loss of visuals, but it all comes down to how much realism we want to push on the game. I thought the current settings match the core game, and even mods that make the sun distance longer. Moving it to accomodate something like strangers world would be tricky at the moment, as there’s a lot of hardcoded positioning. For the next release I’ll endeavour to provide a means by which Strangers world can move the pulsar where it wants to.

But what do others think? Is it too close? Well, I mean, too close by Oolite standards, where *everything* is too close!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

phkb wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:45 am
Regarding moving the pulsar further out, I’m running into a limitation in Oolite. Flashers (which I’m using to create the pulsar), are not visible more than 2400-2500km away, no matter how big I make them. Which means, if I move it further away, you wouldn’t be able to see it from the station, or the witch point.
I can't find this mentioned on the wiki.

Where should it be mentioned?

Shipdata.plist?
Shaders in Oolite: uniforms?
OXP howto model?
OXP howto texture?
Oolite JavaScript Reference: Ship?
Effectdata.plist?

And would there be point in increasing the distance in the vanilla game code? Is this also why planet rings suddenly "pop" into existence?

And for the sake of this dumb pilot, what is a flasher? Wikipedia gives me only this:
Flasher may refer to:

A person who exposes their body indecently as exhibitionism
A vehicle's hazard or turn signal
Lobotes surinamensis, the Atlantic tripletail fish
Flasher, American indie rock band from Washington D.C.
Flasher, North Dakota, a community in the United States
USS Flasher (SS-249), a Gato-class submarine, commissioned in 1943 and stricken in 1959
USS Flasher (SSN-613), a Permit-class submarine, commissioned in 1966 and struck in 1992
MC Flasher, Slovenian–Canadian electronic music artist, founder of the Final Flash City festival
And if flashers are only spherical flashing lights (implied on our wiki), why would people wish to bung them on asteroids?
https://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/OXP_t ... _a_flasher
https://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Anarchies_OXP#History (under version 1.1 (November 2008))
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

Where does the magic number of 2500 km come from?
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
phkb

Post by phkb »

Flashers are defined in shipdata.plist here: Wiki ShipData.plist - Flashers
The reason it hasn't been discovered previously is probably because no one has used (abused?) flashers in this way before, at least, not to my knowledge. The flashers I'm creating are *huge*. Normally, flashers were only ever attached to ships or stations, which are small enough that they themselves become invisible at distance well before the limitation with flashers comes into effect.
Cholmondely wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:38 am
And would there be point in increasing the distance in the vanilla game code?
Possibly. I'll have to have a look and see how complex the issue is in the code.
Cholmondely wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:38 am
Is this also why planet rings suddenly "pop" into existence?
It's similar, but planet rings are created using a shader, which is a different part of the code. Fixing one doesn't by default fix the other. I think, based on my very cursory look at the code, were I to fix the flasher draw distance issue, I'd then run into the visual effect draw distance issue, which is admittedly a much larger distance.
hiran wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:39 am
Well, it's not *precisely* 2500km. It's somewhere between 2400 and 2500 I think. Once I find where in the code this is controlled from I'll report on the exact distance.
Last edited by phkb on Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

phkb wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:42 pm
hiran wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:39 am
Well, it's not *precisely* 2500km. It's somewhere between 2400 and 2500 I think. Once I find where in the code this is controlled from I'll report on the exact distance.
I'd guess this is based on concepts like fog of war, or a rendering distance in other flight simulators. Just to limit the scope that needs to be rendered.
With today's hardware this likely can be increased. Maybe it should even be a parameter configured by the user, or auto-configured based on framerate.
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
phkb

Post by phkb »

Cholmondely wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:05 pm
New Cargo specials for the Monitoring Station?
Bottles of Pulsar Padlamanggan (locally distilled under the concentrated light of the pulsar: this exotic liquer is created in our dedicated distillery from the most exquisitely macerated mangoes from tropical Tianve),
NC needs to know where these items will get the best sale prices. For the moment, I've picked the Old Worlds in Gal1, and then every system in Gal 2-8, based on the face there is only one place in the Eight you can buy it. But should the systems be limited? Would some systems not care about "Pulsar Padlamanggan"?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

phkb wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:44 pm
Bottles of Pulsar Padlamanggan (locally distilled under the concentrated light of the pulsar: this exotic liquer is created in our dedicated distillery from the most exquisitely macerated mangoes from tropical Tianve),
NC needs to know where these items will get the best sale prices. For the moment, I've picked the Old Worlds in Gal1, and then every system in Gal 2-8, based on the face there is only one place in the Eight you can buy it. But should the systems be limited? Would some systems not care about "Pulsar Padlamanggan"?
Isn't that the way New Cargoes works? Most systems don't care and the value there is only that of the standard liquors commodity (big losses!), apart from the handful of systems where it is worth more.
Comments wanted:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Cholmondely wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:47 pm
phkb wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:44 pm
Isn't that the way New Cargoes works? Most systems don't care and the value there is only that of the standard liquors commodity (big losses!), apart from the handful of systems where it is worth more.
Just thinking about New Cargoes further, the other New Cargoes might have their Sales Markets at the Monitoring Station and their best purchases at Bemaera or wherever...
Comments wanted:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

I've decanted everything from the AddOns/Managed AddOns folder but your Digebiti planet texture and your Tianve.2.0 (and Norby's Log Events oxp)

For your Digebiti I saw this

Code: Select all

Opening log for Oolite version 1.90 (x86-64) under Mac OS X Version 10.15.3 (Build 19D2064) at 2023-12-16 20:26:27 +0000.
Machine type: MacBookAir9,1, 8192 MiB memory, 2 (4 logical) x x86 (family 0x38435547) @ 1100 MHz.
Build options: OpenAL, new planets.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

20:26:28.023 [dataCache.rebuild.pathsChanged] +[ResourceManager checkCacheUpToDateForPaths:] (ResourceManager.m:1156): Cache is stale (search paths have changed). Rebuilding from scratch.
20:26:28.527 [joystick.error.init] -[OOMacJoystickManager init] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:80): Cannot open HID manager; joystick support will not function.
20:26:28.528 [rendering.opengl.version] -[OOOpenGLExtensionManager reset] (OOOpenGLExtensionManager.m:221): OpenGL renderer version: 2.1.0 ("2.1 INTEL-14.4.26"). Vendor: "Intel Inc.". Renderer: "Intel(R) Iris(TM) Plus Graphics OpenGL Engine (1x6x8 (fused) LP".
20:26:28.528 [rendering.opengl.extensions] -[OOOpenGLExtensionManager reset] (OOOpenGLExtensionManager.m:222): OpenGL extensions (128):
GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_transform_feedback, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_EXT_debug_label, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_APPLE_vertex_point_size, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_APPLE_specular_vector, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_APPLE_fence, GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422, GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_NV_texture_barrier, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_APPLE_object_purgeable, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_APPLE_rgb_422, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_APPLE_element_array, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_ARB_sync, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_APPLE_texture_range, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_ARB_vertex_blend, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil, GL_APPLE_row_bytes, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_APPLE_client_storage, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_APPLE_flush_render, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators, GL_APPLE_transform_hint, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_APPLE_packed_pixels, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_EXT_debug_marker, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode, GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_APPLE_float_pixels, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_draw_instanced
20:26:28.543 [rendering.opengl.shader.support] -[OOOpenGLExtensionManager reset] (OOOpenGLExtensionManager.m:256): Shaders are supported.
20:26:28.567 [dataCache.rebuild.pathsChanged] +[ResourceManager checkCacheUpToDateForPaths:] (ResourceManager.m:1156): Cache is stale (search paths have changed). Rebuilding from scratch.
20:26:28.570 [searchPaths.dumpAll] +[ResourceManager logPaths] (ResourceManager.m:2240): Resource paths: 
    ~/Desktop/Oolite/  Oolite 1.90.app/Contents/Resources
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/Tianve_2.0.2.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.LogEvents.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.Digebiti.v.1.1.oxz
20:26:28.587 [shipData.load.begin] +[OOShipRegistry(Singleton) allocWithZone:] (OOShipRegistry.m:1689): Loading ship data.
20:26:29.218 [startup.complete] -[GameController applicationDidFinishLaunching:] (GameController.m:269): ========== Loading complete in 1.05 seconds. ==========
20:26:29.361 [joystick.reject] -[OOMacJoystickManager handleDeviceAttach:] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:126): Ignoring HID device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad (primary usage 1:2)
20:26:29.361 [joystick.reject] -[OOMacJoystickManager handleDeviceAttach:] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:126): Ignoring HID device: Headset (primary usage 12:1)
20:26:29.361 [joystick.reject] -[OOMacJoystickManager handleDeviceAttach:] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:126): Ignoring HID device: Keyboard (primary usage 1:6)
20:26:29.361 [joystick.reject] -[OOMacJoystickManager handleDeviceAttach:] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:126): Ignoring HID device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad (primary usage 65280:3)
20:26:29.361 [joystick.reject] -[OOMacJoystickManager handleDeviceAttach:] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:126): Ignoring HID device: Keyboard (primary usage 1:6)
20:26:29.361 [joystick.reject] -[OOMacJoystickManager handleDeviceAttach:] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:126): Ignoring HID device: Touch Bar Backlight (primary usage 65280:15)
20:26:29.361 [joystick.reject] -[OOMacJoystickManager handleDeviceAttach:] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:126): Ignoring HID device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad (primary usage 1:6)
20:26:29.361 [joystick.reject] -[OOMacJoystickManager handleDeviceAttach:] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:126): Ignoring HID device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad (primary usage 65280:13)
20:26:29.361 [joystick.reject] -[OOMacJoystickManager handleDeviceAttach:] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:126): Ignoring HID device: Ambient Light Sensor (primary usage 32:65)
20:26:29.361 [joystick.reject] -[OOMacJoystickManager handleDeviceAttach:] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:126): Ignoring HID device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad (primary usage 65280:11)
20:26:34.705 [shipData.load.begin] +[OOShipRegistry(Singleton) allocWithZone:] (OOShipRegistry.m:1689): Loading ship data.
20:26:35.081 [script.load.world.listAll] +[ResourceManager loadScripts] (ResourceManager.m:2132): Loaded 19 world scripts:
    CargoTypeExtension-Station-TianvePulsarStation 2.0
    logevents 1.4
    Oolite Equipment Control 1.90
    Oolite Ship Library 1.90
    oolite-cloaking-device 1.90
    oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.90
    oolite-contracts-cargo 1.90
    oolite-contracts-helpers 1.90
    oolite-contracts-parcels 1.90
    oolite-contracts-passengers 1.90
    oolite-libPriorityAI 1.90
    oolite-nova 1.90
    oolite-populator 1.90
    oolite-primable-equipment-register 1.90
    oolite-registership 1.90
    oolite-thargoid-plans 1.90
    oolite-tianve 2.0
    oolite-trumbles 1.90
    oolite-tutorial 1.90
20:26:35.085 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_FUEL_SCOOPS
20:26:35.085 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_ESCAPE_POD
20:26:35.089 [setCommanderDataFromDictionary.warning.cargo] -[OOCommodityMarket loadPlayerAmounts:] (OOCommodityMarket.m:342): Cargo medicine (0 units) could not be loaded from the saved game, as it is no longer defined
20:26:35.090 [setCommanderDataFromDictionary.warning.cargo] -[OOCommodityMarket loadPlayerAmounts:] (OOCommodityMarket.m:342): Cargo water (0 units) could not be loaded from the saved game, as it is no longer defined
20:26:35.090 [setCommanderDataFromDictionary.warning.cargo] -[OOCommodityMarket loadPlayerAmounts:] (OOCommodityMarket.m:342): Cargo oxygen (0 units) could not be loaded from the saved game, as it is no longer defined
20:26:35.090 [setCommanderDataFromDictionary.warning.cargo] -[OOCommodityMarket loadPlayerAmounts:] (OOCommodityMarket.m:342): Cargo quirium_crystal (0 units) could not be loaded from the saved game, as it is no longer defined
20:26:35.090 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_ESCAPE_POD
20:26:35.090 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_WORMHOLE_SCANNER
20:26:35.090 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_ENERGY_UNIT
20:26:35.090 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_ADVANCED_NAVIGATIONAL_ARRAY
20:26:35.090 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_HEAT_SHIELD
20:26:35.090 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_SCANNER_SHOW_MISSILE_TARGET
20:26:35.090 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_FUEL_INJECTION
20:26:35.090 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_FUEL_SCOOPS
20:26:35.090 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_ADVANCED_COMPASS
20:26:35.090 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_INTEGRATED_TARGETING_SYSTEM
20:26:35.090 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_TARGET_MEMORY
20:26:35.091 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_DOCK_COMP
20:26:35.091 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_SHIELD_BOOSTER
20:26:35.091 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_ECM
20:26:35.091 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_CARGO_BAY
20:26:35.393 [script.javaScript.exception.cantDelete] ReportJSError (OOJavaScriptEngine.m:204): ***** JavaScript exception (CargoTypeExtension-Station-TianvePulsarStation 2.0): TypeError: property this[prop] is non-configurable and can't be deleted
20:26:36.288 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Populators:
 {"oolite-thargoid-scouts":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WPS","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-hunters-route1":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":1},
  "oolite-pirate-independent-route1":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":1},
  "oolite-pirate-independent-route2":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_PS","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-pirate-independent-route3":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WS","groupCount":1},
  "oolite-route1-asteroids":{"groupCount":0,"deterministic":1,"priority":20,"location":"LANE_WP","locationSeed":51728},
  "oolite-police-route1":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-interceptors-witchpoint":{"priority":40,"location":"WITCHPOINT","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-pirate-medium-remote":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-couriers-route3":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WS","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-interceptors-route1":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-pirate-medium-triangle":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WPS","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-pirate-light-remote":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-freighters-docking":{"priority":40,"location":"STATION_AEGIS","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-freighters":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":4},
  "oolite-hunters-medium-route3":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WS","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-couriers-route1":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":1},
  "oolite-route2-asteroids":{"groupCount":2,"deterministic":1,"priority":20,"location":"LANE_PS","locationSeed":82715},
  "oolite-hunters-medium-route1":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-smugglers":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":1},
  "oolite-pirate-heavy-remote":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-pirate-light-route1":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":1},
  "oolite-offlane-hermit":{"groupCount":1,"deterministic":1,"priority":99,"location":"PLANET_ORBIT_HIGH","locationSeed":71258},
  "oolite-hunters-triangle":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WPS","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-pirate-heavy-route1":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-police-triangle":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WPS","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-police-stationpatrol":{"location":"STATION_AEGIS","priority":40},
  "oolite-hunters-heavy-route3":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WS","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-hunters-heavy-route1":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-thargoid-strike":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WPS","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-pirate-medium-route1":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-pirate-heavy-triangle":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WPS","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-nav-buoy":{"deterministic":1,"coordinates":[89753.0234375,-66825.109375,724133.375],"priority":5,"location":"COORDINATES"},
  "oolite-assassins":{"priority":40,"location":"WITCHPOINT","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-witch-buoy":{"deterministic":1,"priority":10,"location":"COORDINATES","coordinates":[0,0,0]},
  "oolite-pirate-light-triangle":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WPS","groupCount":0}}
20:26:36.289 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): gui screen will change from GUI_SCREEN_LOAD to GUI_SCREEN_STATUS
20:26:36.289 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): gui screen changed from GUI_SCREEN_LOAD to GUI_SCREEN_STATUS
20:26:36.289 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): mission screen opportunity
20:26:36.476 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Navigation Buoy 28617 spawned at 10 km
20:26:36.476 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): GalCop Viper 10833 spawned at 32 km
20:26:36.476 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 19779 spawned at 298 km
20:26:36.476 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Coriolis Station 25652 spawned at 0 km
20:26:36.476 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Rock Hermit 19444 spawned at 517 km
20:26:36.476 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 7122 spawned at 530 km
20:26:36.476 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 15276 spawned at 538 km
20:26:36.476 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 11561 spawned at 539 km
20:26:36.476 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 16155 spawned at 541 km
20:26:38.387 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): gui screen will change from GUI_SCREEN_STATUS to GUI_SCREEN_SYSTEM_DATA
20:26:38.390 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): gui screen changed from GUI_SCREEN_STATUS to GUI_SCREEN_SYSTEM_DATA
20:26:40.968 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): gui screen changed from GUI_SCREEN_SYSTEM_DATA to GUI_SCREEN_MAIN
20:26:41.014 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): will launch from Coriolis Station 25652 flying Cobra Mark III 27313
20:26:41.020 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): compass targeted lost target in mode COMPASS_MODE_PLANET
20:26:41.025 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): alert condition changed from 0 to 2
20:26:42.381 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): compass targeted Digebiti undefined in mode COMPASS_MODE_PLANET
20:26:43.497 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): launched from Coriolis Station 25652
20:27:05.215 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): VIEW_AFT
20:27:06.651 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): VIEW_PORT
20:27:16.505 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): paused the game (to hide the HUD for the screenshot)
20:27:43.067 [exit.context] -[OoliteApp terminate:] (OoliteApp.m:68): Exiting: Cocoa terminate event.
Closing log at 2023-12-16 20:27:43 +0000.
And at Tianve I saw this

Opening log for Oolite version 1.90 (x86-64) under Mac OS X Version 10.15.3 (Build 19D2064) at 2023-12-16 20:30:52 +0000.
Machine type: MacBookAir9,1, 8192 MiB memory, 2 (4 logical) x x86 (family 0x38435547) @ 1100 MHz.
Build options: OpenAL, new planets.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

20:30:52.453 [joystick.error.init] -[OOMacJoystickManager init] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:80): Cannot open HID manager; joystick support will not function.
20:30:52.454 [rendering.opengl.version] -[OOOpenGLExtensionManager reset] (OOOpenGLExtensionManager.m:221): OpenGL renderer version: 2.1.0 ("2.1 INTEL-14.4.26"). Vendor: "Intel Inc.". Renderer: "Intel(R) Iris(TM) Plus Graphics OpenGL Engine (1x6x8 (fused) LP".
20:30:52.454 [rendering.opengl.extensions] -[OOOpenGLExtensionManager reset] (OOOpenGLExtensionManager.m:222): OpenGL extensions (128):
GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_transform_feedback, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_EXT_debug_label, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_APPLE_vertex_point_size, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_APPLE_specular_vector, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_APPLE_fence, GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422, GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_NV_texture_barrier, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_APPLE_object_purgeable, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_APPLE_rgb_422, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_APPLE_element_array, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_ARB_sync, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_APPLE_texture_range, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_ARB_vertex_blend, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil, GL_APPLE_row_bytes, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_APPLE_client_storage, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_APPLE_flush_render, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators, GL_APPLE_transform_hint, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_APPLE_packed_pixels, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_EXT_debug_marker, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode, GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_APPLE_float_pixels, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_draw_instanced
20:30:52.464 [rendering.opengl.shader.support] -[OOOpenGLExtensionManager reset] (OOOpenGLExtensionManager.m:256): Shaders are supported.
20:30:52.491 [searchPaths.dumpAll] +[ResourceManager logPaths] (ResourceManager.m:2240): Resource paths: 
    ~/Desktop/Oolite/  Oolite 1.90.app/Contents/Resources
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/Tianve_2.0.2.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.LogEvents.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.Digebiti.v.1.1.oxz
20:30:52.498 [shipData.load.begin] +[OOShipRegistry(Singleton) allocWithZone:] (OOShipRegistry.m:1689): Loading ship data.
20:30:52.842 [startup.complete] -[GameController applicationDidFinishLaunching:] (GameController.m:269): ========== Loading complete in 0.63 seconds. ==========
20:30:52.969 [joystick.reject] -[OOMacJoystickManager handleDeviceAttach:] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:126): Ignoring HID device: Touch Bar Backlight (primary usage 65280:15)
20:30:52.969 [joystick.reject] -[OOMacJoystickManager handleDeviceAttach:] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:126): Ignoring HID device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad (primary usage 65280:3)
20:30:52.969 [joystick.reject] -[OOMacJoystickManager handleDeviceAttach:] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:126): Ignoring HID device: Ambient Light Sensor (primary usage 32:65)
20:30:52.969 [joystick.reject] -[OOMacJoystickManager handleDeviceAttach:] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:126): Ignoring HID device: Keyboard (primary usage 1:6)
20:30:52.970 [joystick.reject] -[OOMacJoystickManager handleDeviceAttach:] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:126): Ignoring HID device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad (primary usage 1:2)
20:30:52.970 [joystick.reject] -[OOMacJoystickManager handleDeviceAttach:] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:126): Ignoring HID device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad (primary usage 65280:11)
20:30:52.970 [joystick.reject] -[OOMacJoystickManager handleDeviceAttach:] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:126): Ignoring HID device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad (primary usage 1:6)
20:30:52.970 [joystick.reject] -[OOMacJoystickManager handleDeviceAttach:] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:126): Ignoring HID device: Headset (primary usage 12:1)
20:30:52.970 [joystick.reject] -[OOMacJoystickManager handleDeviceAttach:] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:126): Ignoring HID device: Keyboard (primary usage 1:6)
20:30:52.970 [joystick.reject] -[OOMacJoystickManager handleDeviceAttach:] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:126): Ignoring HID device: Keyboard (primary usage 1:6)
20:30:52.971 [joystick.reject] -[OOMacJoystickManager handleDeviceAttach:] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:126): Ignoring HID device: Keyboard (primary usage 1:6)
20:30:52.971 [joystick.reject] -[OOMacJoystickManager handleDeviceAttach:] (OOMacJoystickManager.m:126): Ignoring HID device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad (primary usage 65280:13)
20:31:04.681 [shipData.load.begin] +[OOShipRegistry(Singleton) allocWithZone:] (OOShipRegistry.m:1689): Loading ship data.
20:31:05.017 [script.load.world.listAll] +[ResourceManager loadScripts] (ResourceManager.m:2132): Loaded 19 world scripts:
    CargoTypeExtension-Station-TianvePulsarStation 2.0
    logevents 1.4
    Oolite Equipment Control 1.90
    Oolite Ship Library 1.90
    oolite-cloaking-device 1.90
    oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.90
    oolite-contracts-cargo 1.90
    oolite-contracts-helpers 1.90
    oolite-contracts-parcels 1.90
    oolite-contracts-passengers 1.90
    oolite-libPriorityAI 1.90
    oolite-nova 1.90
    oolite-populator 1.90
    oolite-primable-equipment-register 1.90
    oolite-registership 1.90
    oolite-thargoid-plans 1.90
    oolite-tianve 2.0
    oolite-trumbles 1.90
    oolite-tutorial 1.90
20:31:05.624 [script.javaScript.exception.cantDelete] ReportJSError (OOJavaScriptEngine.m:204): ***** JavaScript exception (CargoTypeExtension-Station-TianvePulsarStation 2.0): TypeError: property this[prop] is non-configurable and can't be deleted
20:31:07.127 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Populators:
 {"oolite-thargoid-scouts":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WPS","groupCount":1},
  "oolite-hunters-route1":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-pirate-independent-route1":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":2},
  "oolite-pirate-independent-route2":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_PS","groupCount":1},
  "oolite-pirate-independent-route3":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WS","groupCount":1},
  "oolite-route1-asteroids":{"groupCount":1,"deterministic":1,"priority":20,"location":"LANE_WP","locationSeed":51728},
  "oolite-police-route1":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":1},
  "oolite-interceptors-witchpoint":{"priority":40,"location":"WITCHPOINT","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-pirate-medium-remote":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-couriers-route3":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WS","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-interceptors-route1":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-pirate-medium-triangle":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WPS","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-pirate-light-remote":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":0},
  "tianve_pulsar_station":{"deterministic":1,"location":"COORDINATES","coordinates":[-121144.296875,-531990.875,-383850]},
  "oolite-freighters-docking":{"priority":40,"location":"STATION_AEGIS","groupCount":1},
  "oolite-freighters":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":13},
  "oolite-hunters-medium-route3":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WS","groupCount":1},
  "oolite-couriers-route1":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":1},
  "oolite-route2-asteroids":{"groupCount":3,"deterministic":1,"priority":20,"location":"LANE_PS","locationSeed":82715},
  "oolite-hunters-medium-route1":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-smugglers":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-pirate-heavy-remote":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-pirate-light-route1":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-offlane-hermit":{"groupCount":1,"deterministic":1,"priority":99,"location":"PLANET_ORBIT_HIGH","locationSeed":71258},
  "oolite-hunters-triangle":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WPS","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-pirate-heavy-route1":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-police-triangle":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WPS","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-police-stationpatrol":{"location":"STATION_AEGIS","priority":40},
  "oolite-hunters-heavy-route3":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WS","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-hunters-heavy-route1":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-thargoid-strike":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WPS","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-pirate-medium-route1":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WP","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-pirate-heavy-triangle":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WPS","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-nav-buoy":{"deterministic":1,"coordinates":[78637.984375,-23582.728515625,407231],"priority":5,"location":"COORDINATES"},
  "oolite-assassins":{"priority":40,"location":"WITCHPOINT","groupCount":0},
  "oolite-witch-buoy":{"deterministic":1,"priority":10,"location":"COORDINATES","coordinates":[0,0,0]},
  "oolite-pirate-light-triangle":{"priority":40,"location":"LANE_WPS","groupCount":0}}
20:31:07.127 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): gui screen will change from GUI_SCREEN_LOAD to GUI_SCREEN_STATUS
20:31:07.128 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): gui screen changed from GUI_SCREEN_LOAD to GUI_SCREEN_STATUS
20:31:07.128 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): mission screen opportunity
20:31:07.331 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Dodecahedron Station 15058 spawned at 959 km
20:31:07.332 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Tianve Billboard 25362 spawned at 395 km
20:31:07.332 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Tianve Billboard 10766 spawned at 13 km
20:31:07.332 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Tourist StarLiner - 'Join us next time, Commander!' 17101 spawned at 0 km
20:31:07.332 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Tianve Pulsar Monitoring Station 2440 spawned at 0 km
20:31:07.332 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Vampire Mk1.5 : Rebecca Weston 10925 spawned at 10 km
20:31:07.332 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Tourist StarLiner - 'Join us next time, Commander!' 29783 spawned at 1 km
20:31:14.021 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): GalCop Viper Interceptor 28857 spawned at 1 km
20:31:17.098 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): gui screen will change from GUI_SCREEN_STATUS to GUI_SCREEN_INTERFACES
20:31:17.100 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): gui screen changed from GUI_SCREEN_STATUS to GUI_SCREEN_INTERFACES
20:31:19.636 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): gui screen will change from GUI_SCREEN_INTERFACES to GUI_SCREEN_SHORT_RANGE_CHART
20:31:19.657 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): gui screen changed from GUI_SCREEN_INTERFACES to GUI_SCREEN_SHORT_RANGE_CHART
20:31:20.906 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): gui screen will change from GUI_SCREEN_SHORT_RANGE_CHART to GUI_SCREEN_SYSTEM_DATA
20:31:20.914 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): gui screen changed from GUI_SCREEN_SHORT_RANGE_CHART to GUI_SCREEN_SYSTEM_DATA
20:31:24.862 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): gui screen changed from GUI_SCREEN_SYSTEM_DATA to GUI_SCREEN_MAIN
20:31:24.889 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): will launch from Tianve Pulsar Monitoring Station 2440 flying Cobra Mark III 29612
20:31:24.900 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): compass targeted lost target in mode COMPASS_MODE_PLANET
20:31:24.910 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): alert condition changed from 0 to 2
20:31:26.270 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): compass targeted Tianve undefined in mode COMPASS_MODE_PLANET
20:31:27.406 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): launched from Tianve Pulsar Monitoring Station 2440
20:31:38.465 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): VIEW_PORT
20:31:43.050 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): VIEW_AFT
20:31:48.795 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): VIEW_FORWARD
20:32:03.684 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): VIEW_AFT
20:32:27.513 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): alert condition changed from 2 to 1
20:32:29.673 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): VIEW_FORWARD
20:33:23.270 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): VIEW_PORT
20:33:24.770 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): VIEW_STARBOARD
20:33:36.585 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): VIEW_FORWARD
20:33:38.000 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): entered to the vicinity of [Planet position: (0, 0, 435150) radius: 48350 m]
20:33:39.985 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): compass targeted Dodecahedron Station 15058 in mode COMPASS_MODE_STATION
20:33:42.455 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): alert condition changed from 1 to 2
20:33:47.560 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): paused the game
20:34:14.008 [exit.context] -[OoliteApp terminate:] (OoliteApp.m:68): Exiting: Cocoa terminate event.

Closing log at 2023-12-16 20:34:14 +0000.
Again, I have no such issues with a_c's LaveIsEarth's citylights. They work as they are supposed to.

Latest.log files edited to remove irrelevant notes on missing commodities from SW Economy (missing due to removal of all other oxps!).

As regards Game Settings, the AppleMac Oolite does not allow options regarding gamma or anything else of the sort. My graphics settings are:

Wireframe graphics : off
Graphics detail: extra detail
Field of View: 80°
Comments wanted:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

I've spent a fair amount of time today whizzing around Digebiti.

2 points -

1) the colours are very muted (nothing like the screen shot DGill showed me from his windows machine)
2) the planet seems to glow for a split-second at times (might depend on the angle of Liber Dominus, the sun)

Edited to add:
just re-visited Tianve (v.2.3) - colours very vivid. No city lights. And no glowing effects either that I can tell.

I should just add - you have turned Tianve into one of the most visibly stunning OXPs out there. Congratulations. The planet texture is top-notch, your Pulsar is superb, your new monitoring station very well done.
Comments wanted:
phkb

Post by phkb »

OK, fingers crossed I've got the planet lights working for your Mac, Cholly! If it does, I know how to fix the Digibiti textures I sent to you.

V2.4 is now available. In this version:
- Made all spawned items relative to the pulsar location, which is now adjustable via JS.
- Switched the AI for Rebecca to the AI provided by the mod (rather than route1Trader).
- Further tweaks to the Liner AI to not get too close to the pulsar.
- Fixed issues in liner AI that was sending ships to the witchpoint instead of the pulsar.
- Tweaked the position of the billboard and liners at the main station, so they're not almost directly in line with the dock.
- Corrected emission_map key in Liner shipdata.
- Added a unique cargo to New Cargoes that is only purchasable at the Pulsar Station.
- Redid the planet lights to hopefully fix issues on MacOS.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Not a sausage!

But - gosh! It looks magnificent. Absolutely magnificent. I can really believe that I'm there, mooching around a real Tianve.

The nebulae are a bit much (does space really look like that? - but I reckon that I just might be able to tweak them) . But the planet and the sun are truly wonderful.

And I can't see the New Cargoes at the Pulsar either, I'm afraid. The "Specialist Cargoes" option fails to appear on the docked F4 screen.
Comments wanted:
phkb

Post by phkb »

Cholmondely wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:55 am
Not a sausage!
Curse.

I really am getting a bit stumped by this one. Because here's a shot from my Hackintosh VM, running Oolite 1.90 and the Tianve OXP:

If anyone can offer some insight, that would be super.
but I reckon that I just might be able to tweak them
In the planetinfo.plist file

sky_blur_cluster_chance = "0.55";  // increase this to put more nebulas on the skybox
        sky_blur_scale = 10; // increase this to increase the size of those nebulas
And I can't see the New Cargoes at the Pulsar either, I'm afraid
Curses and naughty words. Let me get out my precision toolset...

*sounds of heavy mallet being lifted*

Now, where was that code...