"Target System Upgrade" omission

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Getafix

threepe
Competent
Competent

"Target System Upgrade" omission

Post by threepe »

I've just installed this as I've saved up the credits and found a nice high tech station.

It works really well, but there are 2 features / issues that I have ome across

1) I can no longer target my Cargo Shepherd when this upgrade is running. Its not classified as neutral / hostile / cargo and therefore not targetable. Is it possible for this to be adjusted?
2) Once active it has a massive window in my HUD telling me what mode it is running in. I'm using only the standard Hud and I guess this is more of a HUD thing rather than this OXP. Is there a way for the MFD? to be turned off and just receive a basic message to say what mode you have selected appearing in the standard message panel. I'm still learning and there are so many different modules all linking in with one another it can become a bit of a challenge!

My current workaround is to use the Advanced Space Compass as this allows me to select the Cargo Shepherd as a navigation point to fly to. Not nearly as good, but gets the job done.

I don't know if it is meant to be possible to turn this module off while in space to go back to some other form of targetting system (still learning). I know with the Fast Target Selector I could target my Cargo Shepherd (along with everyting else in area while getting shot at frantically trying not to lock up a cargo can......this OXP is a definite upgrade!)
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Re: "Target System Upgrade" omission

Post by phkb »

I've just released a new version of the Target System Upgrade OXP (v0.73) which addresses the two issues you mentioned.
threepe wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:46 pm
1) I can no longer target my Cargo Shepherd when this upgrade is running.
This one is unusual, because in the definition for the Cargo Shepherd, is specifically states that it's scan class is "CARGO_CARGO", so in principle that should work. However, because the shepherd is launched like a mine, the scan class once it's in game is "CLASS_MINE". I don't think this is a bug, just a "gotcha" moment for OXP devs.
Once active it has a massive window in my HUD telling me what mode it is running in.
In the new version, if you have the Library OXP installed, you can, while docked, change the TSU to disable MFD use, so all notifications will be via the console.
I know with the Fast Target Selector I could target my Cargo Shepherd (along with everyting else in area while getting shot at frantically trying not to lock up a cargo can......this OXP is a definite upgrade!)
Curious - Fast Target selector should auto-switch to just targeting attackers if the player is in condition red, so it would never target a cargo container while you're under fire. I'll have to have another look in case I've missed something though. It's been a while with that OXP!
threepe
Competent
Competent

Post by threepe »

Fab, thanks for the responses

I think the Fast Target Selector is working just fine. Its just me being a pirate and having loads of cargo cans on scanner and then trying to engage neutral ships who think they can muscle in on my kill. You are correct, once their lasers are going, the targetter finds them just fine.

I will take a look at the new version over the next couple of days, so much to learn about what you can do and where to do it. Next task, find out what a TSU is :-)
phkb
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

TSU = Target System Upgrade. Shorthand for this mod.