Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

A Noobie Question

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

threepe
Competent
Competent

A Noobie Question

Post by threepe »

I've loved Elite for years, played on my BBC, then Amiga and now Oolite on my laptop. I've just found here :-) And love all of what you do.

Is there a mod that allows you to have different laser temperatures? I often shoot from both rear and front lasers and it seems a shame that when one is over heated so is the other!

Was this the correct place to ask?
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: A Noobie Question

Post by Nite Owl »

Welcome Aboard Commander !!

What you are describing should not happen. The front and rear lasers are not linked in terms of over heating. When switching views, and thereby weapons, the weapon's heat indicator should zero out.

What ship are you flying? What H.U.D. are you using?
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

threepe wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:32 pm
I've loved Elite for years, played on my BBC, then Amiga and now Oolite on my laptop. I've just found here :-) And love all of what you do.

Is there a mod that allows you to have different laser temperatures? I often shoot from both rear and front lasers and it seems a shame that when one is over heated so is the other!

Was this the correct place to ask?
Welcome to the merry throng. I'm with Nite Owl on this one...
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
threepe
Competent
Competent

Post by threepe »

Silly me, was a noob question after all. When I switch views the temps are different, I guess I was just in some heated combat before.

For some reason I thought that the temps were shown for fore and aft on the hud, but thinking about it more that would never have been the case otherwise you would see all the temps for all the lasers, and there is not enough room for that.