(Release) Vimana-X HUD

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Re: (Release) Vimana-X HUD

Post by phkb »

V1.5 is now available.
  • Added fuel leak warning.
  • Cleaned up issue where MFD background images were not being removed when the MFD slot was cleared, in some cases.
  • Fixed a couple of issues where JS errors would occur when the player ship was destroyed.
  • Fixed issues where the witchspace destination would read "(Unknown)" when no destination had been set.
  • Moved storage of missile monitoring array to somewhere where it shouldn't be overwritten or lost.
  • Bug fixes.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Latest latest.log (just showing the Vimana lines)

Code: Select all

~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/VimanaX_HUD.oxz
    VimanaX_Alerts 1.0
    VimanaX_HUD 1.5
23:18:37.622 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_VIMANAX_SHIP_MODULE
23:18:37.623 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_VIMANAX_FONT_NARROW
23:18:37.628 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_VIMANAX_TARGET_MODULE
23:18:37.629 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_VIMANAX_TRAVEL_MODULE
23:18:43.102 [hudselector] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): HUDs: ,Default HUD,hud,hudselector,ExtraLarge HUD with 10 MFDs and custom dials,hudselector-extralarge,hudselector-extralarge10,hudselector,Large HUD with 10 MFDs and custom dials,hudselector-large,hudselector,Small HUD with 10 MFDs and custom dials,hudselector-small,fighter_hud2,Fighter HUD Mk. II ,fighter_hud2,,,coluber_hud_ch01,Coluber HUD CH01,coluber_hud_ch01,,,VimanaX_HUD,Vimana-X HUD 6 MFDs,VimanaX_HUD-6mfds,,,VimanaX_HUD,Vimana-X HUD 10 MFDs,VimanaX_HUD-10mfds,,,VimanaX_HUD,Vimana-X HUD 12 MFDs,VimanaX_HUD-12mfds,,
23:18:43.103 [hudselector] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): 6: VimanaX_HUD,Vimana-X HUD 6 MFDs,VimanaX_HUD-6mfds,,
23:18:43.103 [hudselector] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): 7: VimanaX_HUD,Vimana-X HUD 10 MFDs,VimanaX_HUD-10mfds,,
23:18:43.103 [hudselector] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): 8: VimanaX_HUD,Vimana-X HUD 12 MFDs,VimanaX_HUD-12mfds,,
23:31:12.184 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship lost EQ_VIMANAX_FONT_NARROW
23:31:12.184 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_VIMANAX_FONT_NARROW
23:31:55.840 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship lost EQ_VIMANAX_FONT_NARROW
23:31:55.841 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_VIMANAX_FONT_NARROW
23:31:58.880 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship lost EQ_VIMANAX_FONT_NARROW
23:31:58.880 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_VIMANAX_FONT_NARROW
23:31:59.667 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship lost EQ_VIMANAX_FONT_NARROW
23:31:59.667 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ship got EQ_VIMANAX_FONT_NARROW
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
arquebus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by arquebus »

What is the conflict with Lone Wolf Shield Cycler? Does it destroy the universe or is it more like "I don't know what to do with that, I'll just ignore it"?
Here is my YouTube channel, where I play poorly: Arquebus X
phkb

Post by phkb »

Not sure, but probably more of the latter than the former. Probably.
phkb

Post by phkb »

arquebus wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:12 am
What is the conflict with Lone Wolf Shield Cycler? Does it destroy the universe or is it more like "I don't know what to do with that, I'll just ignore it"?
Looking at it in a bit more detail, Vimana (and, by extension, Vimana-X) are dialed into Shield Cycler Next v2.1 - all it's interactions with shield cyclers requires the "Next" version, and the previous iteration (ie the non-"Next" version) has been ignored. If I get time, I'll have a look at what the integration issues are and see if they're resolvable.
arquebus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by arquebus »

If you have previously used the Vimana HUD, and purchased the Target, Travel and Ship modules for it, you will have those modules added automatically when you install this HUD.
Unfortunately this does not seem to be the case, at least for me. Had to re-buy.
Here is my YouTube channel, where I play poorly: Arquebus X
phkb

Post by phkb »

arquebus wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:56 pm
If you have previously used the Vimana HUD, and purchased the Target, Travel and Ship modules for it, you will have those modules added automatically when you install this HUD.
Unfortunately this does not seem to be the case, at least for me. Had to re-buy.
They told me they fixed it! It’s not my fault!

Random StarWars quotes aside… aw, dang. I’ll have another go at this later today, but, with the expansion manager issues at present, you’ll probably need to manually install the update when it comes.
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

phkb wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:05 pm
I’ll have another go at this later today, but, with the expansion manager issues at present, you’ll probably need to manually install the update when it comes.
I am fascinated about our wording. No wonder I am confused, and I am chauvinist enough to assume this also applies to others.
Probably in the past there were words missing for it, so we need to define them...
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
phkb

Post by phkb »

hiran wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:47 pm
I am fascinated about our wording. No wonder I am confused, and I am chauvinist enough to assume this also applies to others.
Probably in the past there were words missing for it, so we need to define them...
Not sure what was unclear. We can't update OXP's in the Expansion Manager at the moment. If I make an update for Vimana-X, the only way to get it would be to download it manually. That was certainly all I intended to convey.
hiran
Theorethicist

Post by hiran »

phkb wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:12 pm
hiran wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:47 pm
Not sure what was unclear. We can't update OXP's in the Expansion Manager at the moment. If I make an update for Vimana-X, the only way to get it would be to download it manually. That was certainly all I intended to convey.
No offense. But I believe using a bit more distinguished words will allow us to pinpoint problems better. I will try to define the missing terms. :-)
phkb

Post by phkb »

arquebus wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:56 pm
Found the issue, I think, after watching your latest video. It looks like you uninstalled Vimana before installing Vimana-X. If you’d kept both of them the system would have worked, I think. I’ll have to check to see if I can test for an equipment item from a mod that’s been removed. At least it explains what happened. Sorry you had to buy them all again. Feel free to give yourself the credits, as a gift from me!
phkb

Post by phkb »

Version 1.6 has been released. Mostly just small tweaks and bug fixes.
  • Fixed issue with target speed values showing as "undefined".
  • More improvements to the MFD background clearing process.
  • Fixed spelling error for Vampire Mk6 image.
  • Fixed spelling error for Boomslang MkIII image.
  • Fixed spelling error for Raptor Defense Interceptor image.
  • Corrected station identification for Solo's Alt Stations.
  • Fixed JS error when targeting a system that cannot be reached.
  • Small tweak to the character width of the speed value, so it doesn't overflow the UI when speed is high and using wide fonts.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

phkb wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:15 am
Version 1.6 has been released. Mostly just small tweaks and bug fixes.
  • Fixed issue with target speed values showing as "undefined".
  • More improvements to the MFD background clearing process.
  • Fixed spelling error for Vampire Mk6 image.
  • Fixed spelling error for Boomslang MkIII image.
  • Fixed spelling error for Raptor Defense Interceptor image.
  • Corrected station identification for Solo's Alt Stations.
  • Fixed JS error when targeting a system that cannot be reached.
  • Small tweak to the character width of the speed value, so it doesn't overflow the UI when speed is high and using wide fonts.
Superb! Thank you!!

For your next version (whenever it comes) might there be a chance of including a small tweak to the IronHide armour readout which I currently get to 613 decimal places!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
phkb

Post by phkb »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:05 am
For your next version (whenever it comes) might there be a chance of including a small tweak to the IronHide armour readout which I currently get to 613 decimal places!
Sure! I should be able to pull it back to 612 decimal places for you! 😁

At the moment, I’m trying to get the warning messages to display a little longer before flashing, so they’re a little easier to read.
hiran
Theorethicist

Post by hiran »

phkb wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:39 am
Cholmondely wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:05 am
Sure! I should be able to pull it back to 612 decimal places for you! 😁

At the moment, I’m trying to get the warning messages to display a little longer before flashing, so they’re a little easier to read.
When I saw the recent Vimana X HUD I was shocked to see all my ship systems in orange, thinking they were damaged. But then I noticed the cockpit color must have changed. And indeed it is nicer to read. :-)