Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Planet Creator

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Planet Creator

Post by Killer Wolf »

This looks cracking and there's a free version - haven't had time to look in-depth so not sure if it's usable for Blender [just on a quick look it looks like you might have the planet as a textured sphere so could maybe at least use the unwrapped texures?] but i thought i'd post it

https://blendermarket.com/products/custom-planet
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Planet Creator

Post by Cholmondely »

Thanks for this!

I see you added this one a year ago

If I knew what to do with these things, I'd dearly love to have a go! And I'd really love to add the night-lights which a_c enabled in v.1.88...

Alas I've enough problems with simple tweaking (can't even get the markets in Galactic Navy SecComs to do their thing!).

So far I'm using Povray Planets and overwriting them with Stranger's Famous Planets Overhaul which improves 100-odd textures in G1 & G2. Have you tried FPO? I find it top-notch! I've just flown from Xexedi to Laenin (both retouched by FPO) - most enjoyable!

And, I must say, you did a superb job on the Salvage Gang stations. Docking with them is great fun!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?