How to activate BBC Key config on Mac?

Discussion and announcements regarding the Mac port… er, original version of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Ethan-J
Above Average
Above Average

How to activate BBC Key config on Mac?

Post by Ethan-J »

Hi Commanders,
I have got back into playing Oolite on Mac again, and have downloaded the latest version (1.90)

However, I have looked at trying to get a different key layout, so I don't have to use the cursor keys to fly around. The BBC key layout looks better. I have searched in this forum and have found various posts about this subject, but I cannot seem to work out how to turn the BBC "keyconfig.plist" into a ".oxz" file that I can put in the "Library > Application Support > Oolite > Managed AddOns" folder.

I have already looked at this page: https://app.box.com/s/5k0zpfzkgr03w004czknabi5crr4poyh
OoliteKeyconfig1.7.zip
... The HTML file looks very handy, but I cannot see how this generates a ".oxz" file.

I have also looked through the "Addons" inside the folder "Library > Application Support > Oolite > Managed AddOns", but cannot seem to find the BBC keyboard config.

I'm sure the solution is sitting right in front of my face... but I cannot see it.

Q : The HTML file doesn't not seem to mention the latest version (1.90). Will I need to use an older version of Oolite, 1.82 ?

Any feedback most welcome.

https://ibb.co/0hxvjL5

Last edited by Ethan-J on Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slartibartfast
Deadly
Deadly

Re: How to activate BBC Key config on Mac?

Post by Slartibartfast »

Hi

on my system (linux) its here
/home/mattes/GNUstep/Applications/Oolite/oolite.app/Resources/Config/keyconfig.plist

maybe on mac you can find a similar path

cheers
Oolite 1.91 / Imp. Trader ( slighly modified :wink: ) on Lubuntu 22.04 LTS on AMD64 2x 3800+ ,
ATI Radeon R7240 XFS / Samsung TV 40" 1080p
C-Media CMI8738 / Yamaha RX-V575 / DIY-Speaker
Logitech Attack3 & standard german keyboard
Old Murgh
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by Old Murgh »

Ethan-J wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:33 pm
Hi Commanders,
I have got back into playing Oolite on Mac again, and have downloaded the latest version (1.90)

However, I have looked at trying to get a different key layout, so I don't have to use the cursor keys to fly around. The BBC key layout looks better. I have searched in this forum and have found various posts about this subject, but I cannot seem to work out how to turn the BBC "keyconfig.plist" into a ".oxz" file that I can put in the "Library > Application Support > Oolite > Managed AddOns" folder.

I have already looked at this page: https://app.box.com/s/5k0zpfzkgr03w004czknabi5crr4poyh
OoliteKeyconfig1.7.zip
... The HTML file looks very handy, but I cannot see how this generates a ".oxz" file.

I have also looked through the "Addons" inside the game, but cannot seem to find the BBC keyboard config.

I'm sure the solution is sitting right in front of my face... but I cannot see it.

Q : The HTML file doesn't not seem to mention the latest version (1.90). Will I need to use an older version of Oolite, 1.82 ?

Any feedback most welcome.

https://ibb.co/0hxvjL5

In your original download of Oolite, is there not a folder named Extras? There is a BBC keys folder in there that contains the keyconfig.plist that you want. No OXP or OXZ necessary, you simply replace this one with the one inside the Oolite game package (control click Oolite to > Show Package Contents, and place inside the Config folder, which will overwrite the existing keyconfig, or remove the old one first to keep it safe.)
I was young, I was naïve. [EliteWiki] Jonny Cuba made me do it!
Ethan-J
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Ethan-J »

Old Murgh wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:28 pm

In your original download of Oolite, is there not a folder named Extras? There is a BBC keys folder in there that contains the keyconfig.plist that you want. No OXP or OXZ necessary, you simply replace this one with the one inside the Oolite game package (control click Oolite to > Show Package Contents, and place inside the Config folder, which will overwrite the existing keyconfig, or remove the old one first to keep it safe.)
Hey, thank you.
Show Package Contents.

Just trying it now... works great !