ILS

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Getafix

szaumix
Deadly
Deadly

ILS

Post by szaumix »

Two small quibbles about ILS.
First is that it makes NPCs crash in and out of Salvage Gangs and Rock Hermits also using that station model.
Second is that you can't sell it and it can't be activated/deactivated, meaning as soon as a station is targeted your ship goes nose-first to the ILS waypoint.

I don't know who is maintaining it (if anyone still is) but I figured I'd finally mention it just so it's on record on the bb
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: ILS

Post by Cholmondely »

szaumix wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:09 am
Two small quibbles about ILS.
First is that it makes NPCs crash in and out of Salvage Gangs and Rock Hermits also using that station model.
Second is that you can't sell it and it can't be activated/deactivated, meaning as soon as a station is targeted your ship goes nose-first to the ILS waypoint.

I don't know who is maintaining it (if anyone still is) but I figured I'd finally mention it just so it's on record on the bb
You might prefer to post this on the official ILS thread, so it will be found in the future.

Go to ILS on the wikipedia and you will find the official thread linked at the bottom of the page (at both Links and at Quick Facts)

This oxp is one of Norby's who is currently in semi-retirement (he last surfaced from the pool of pellucid placidity a year ago).

I would guess that the inability to deactivate ILS is due to the decision some years ago not to add more controls for equipment. This resulted in several pieces being automated. For ILS, this can result in death.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Slartibartfast
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Slartibartfast »

Hello
Cholmondely wrote:
I would guess that the inability to deactivate ILS is due to the decision some years ago not to add more controls for equipment.
...this makes sense...

But removing ( not selling ) of the ILS should be possible.

...tweak the oxz like this
-- add a second equipment entry in the equipment.plist, that appears if ILS has been bought
f.x. ----- "remove ILS for xyz credits "

-- small script like this:
if "remove is bought"
then remove EQ_ILS

...or ...delete the oxz :wink:

cheers
Oolite 1.91 / Imp. Trader ( slighly modified :wink: ) on Lubuntu 22.04 LTS on AMD64 2x 3800+ ,
ATI Radeon R7240 XFS / Samsung TV 40" 1080p
C-Media CMI8738 / Yamaha RX-V575 / DIY-Speaker
Logitech Attack3 & standard german keyboard
Slartibartfast
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Slartibartfast »

hi

remove tweak for ILS
==>> http://bb.aegidian.org/viewtopic.php?p=285078#p285078

Matthias
Oolite 1.91 / Imp. Trader ( slighly modified :wink: ) on Lubuntu 22.04 LTS on AMD64 2x 3800+ ,
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

szaumix wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:09 am
Second is that you can't sell it and it can't be activated/deactivated
I thought the ILS was automatically deactivated if you un-targeted the station. Is that not the case?

For other options on removing the ILS equipment without uninstalling, there is the "Sell All" OXP, which allows you to, naturally enough, sell any piece of equipment. There's also Equipment Storage, which allows you to remove equipment from your ship and store it at the station, or sell it.
szaumix
Deadly
Deadly

Post by szaumix »

phkb wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:20 pm
I thought the ILS was automatically deactivated if you un-targeted the station. Is that not the case?
It is the case, but when cycling through targets your direction changes dramatically the moment you select the station. Say there are 7 targets and it's a dogfight and I want to find this one target again. So I cycle the targets and as soon as the target cycling gets to the station, my nose whisps towards it. It's a quibble but I found it so annoying -- and almost life-costing at least one time -- that I ended up just getting rid of ILS and going back to manual docking. Yeah yeah I know the solution is that it's my responsibility to just remember the order of targets to cycle through, but I'd rather just not own ILS except in my anaconda save
phkb wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:20 pm
there is the "Sell All" OXP, which allows you to, naturally enough, sell any piece of equipment. There's also Equipment Storage, which allows you to remove equipment from your ship and store it at the station, or sell it.
aha.. thank you as always, patron saint of oolite helpfulness :mrgreen:
since getting an aegidian account I am frequently amazed at what I still did not know about after all this time!
Slartibartfast
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Slartibartfast »

Hi

50 Ways to Leave Your Lover
===>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABXtWqmArUU

:wink:
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

If you are looking for something similar to I.L.S. have a look at TRAFFIC LIGHTS.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon