[RELEASE] A small collection of new and refreshed stuff

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] A small collection of new and refreshed stuff

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

It's only set up that way, cause fictional logic incoming:

The po don't have the resources to give much care.
The Guild, however, gives a great big damn about the security of exclusive equipment, and has the resources to do something about it.
All that said, very rarely does a bandit manage to jack a mk1 Raptor: You'll know it by the gaudy paint job the pirate resprayed it with, and the huge bounty the Guild placed on it insuring it's destruction. Not to mention the array of PBWs it's shooting at you...
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
szaumix
Deadly
Deadly

Post by szaumix »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:01 pm
Some weirdness going on with the missile.

If you have Broadcast Comms installed, the missile will thank you for the assist when it reaches it's target and detonates.

There's nothing there has has anything to do with comms, it shouldn't talk. A weird little thing I can't fix. Must be a glitch in Broadcast Comms, or even more fundamentally in Oolite itself. :?
I too have observed this problem, it was in a battle between the black monk gunship and some cops. Does anyone know why this is happening?
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

szaumix wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:05 am

If you have Broadcast Comms installed, the missile will thank you for the assist when it reaches it's target and detonates.

There's nothing there has has anything to do with comms, it shouldn't talk. A weird little thing I can't fix. Must be a glitch in Broadcast Comms, or even more fundamentally in Oolite itself. :?
I too have observed this problem, it was in a battle between the black monk gunship and some cops. Does anyone know why this is happening?
My first guess would be that somewhere a check for isPiloted isn't working or not included at all. I think I can recall situations where burning fuel was contacted and hunted by the cops.
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

montana05 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:22 am

My first guess would be that somewhere a check for isPiloted isn't working or not included at all. I think I can recall situations where burning fuel was contacted and hunted by the cops.
[EliteWiki] Boomstick Missile v1.2 in the wiki. The is-piloted issue was found and fixed, among other smaller errors.
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:57 am
montana05 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:22 am

[EliteWiki] Boomstick Missile v1.2 in the wiki. The is-piloted issue was found and fixed, among other smaller errors.
While it's certainly better to explicit define it, the mentioned problem most likely is in a broadcasting OXP or maybe the source-code itself. isMissile or isMine should be part of standard checks.
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

Making sure the missile and all it's submunitions had unpiloted = yes set in shipdata seems to have stopped it's yakking.
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:07 am
Making sure the missile and all it's submunitions had unpiloted = yes set in shipdata seems to have stopped it's yakking.
This will certainly help, thank you for your effort.

Btw, do you plan to upload your work to the expansion manager and if yes how you intend to do it ? I could assign an account for you, or I could upload in your name. The second choice would include that I have a quick look at it and, if necessary, tweak a little to avoid known discrepancies with other OXP's. No guarantees, so, there could always be something I missed. :oops:
Could you, by any chance, remember what missile was fired ? This problem existed in the past but I was not able to narrow it down.
szaumix
Deadly
Deadly

Post by szaumix »

montana05 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:41 am
Could you, by any chance, remember what missile was fired ? This problem existed in the past but I was not able to narrow it down.
I didn't target the missile so I had no name to it. However, unless Black Monks introduces weapons for its gunship, I would say I am very confident it was a standard hardhead. Although I have someone's mod that makes standard missiles a little ECM resistant and hardheads slightly less than ECM bulletproof, not sure if that matters in terms of code but the gunship's missiles were more or less bulletproof the whole battle