Iron Ass OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Iron Ass OXP

Post by Cholmondely »

Old Murgh wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:45 pm
Cholmondely wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:14 pm

But did you see cbr's exquisite riposte?
I hadn’t. It’s mesmerising and intricate. A skinning nightmare I reckon.

I was only referring to the name given to the Coral line of passenger ships in IronAssLave, if you happened to fly underneath one or IDping it..
No, I opened it and saw it in the textures folder. Hence my comments on carapaces. No problems with it. Honoured, actually.

Any chance of some constructive criticism on this? OXP howto dockable stations

I've unearthed Svengali's notes for chapters 2-4 and added snippets from the BB (including yours). Is there much of import missing?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Old Murgh
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by Old Murgh »

Cholmondely wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:59 pm
No, I opened it and saw it in the textures folder. Hence my comments on carapaces. No problems with it. Honoured, actually.
I hadn’t considered that you might not think it amusing. Flattery was the intent, hence my uncertainty by your mention of thick skin.
Cholmondely wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:59 pm
Any chance of some constructive criticism on this? OXP howto dockable stations

I've unearthed Svengali's notes for chapters 2-4 and added snippets from the BB (including yours). Is there much of import missing?
It looks really comprehensive, some of the Svengali descriptions are over my head but the essential stuff all seems to be there.

It’s been so long for me that I don’t have any more suggestions right now but next time I’m in the thick of dock building I’ll see if I think of something to add.
I was young, I was naïve. [EliteWiki] Jonny Cuba made me do it!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Would it be possible to make two begs...

1) A regular (non-Iron Ass) updated version of the Refugee Adder (for my slowly gestating Digibiti.oxp)

2) A regular (non-Iron Ass) updated version of the Lave.oxp (to be uploaded to the Expansions Manager to complete the Lore Collection (Classic Elite).oxp)

And trying out a new Jameson to text the latest version of Hints, I finally bumped into the liner.

Very funny! Thank you.
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Old Murgh
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by Old Murgh »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:24 am
And trying out a new Jameson to text the latest version of Hints, I finally bumped into the liner.

Very funny! Thank you.
:D I thought it had a nice catchy ring to it. Destined for mass popularity!

1) A regular (non-Iron Ass) updated version of the Refugee Adder (for my slowly gestating Digibiti.oxp)
Do you mean, simply a one-ship single OXP version of the object that is in Vol.4, as is? Sure that would be easy.
Do you mean adapting the ship to fit with the general fleet of chic PROHYPy models? I don't think I have the skillset yet when it comes to the modern threshold of textures and shaders. I had planned to chip away at little remLok survivors and better comms and AI before thinking about those kind of challenges.
2) A regular (non-Iron Ass) updated version of the Lave.oxp (to be uploaded to the Expansions Manager to complete the Lore Collection (Classic Elite).oxp)
I was/am still hopeful that Griff might one day return and stun us with his take on the scene. I hope we haven't ruled that out yet.
A new Lave.oxp should aspire to that level of production values, and I''m just an old dog too set in his ways..

Of course it could be done using existing PROHIP ships, for instance substituting Griff Adders for Trinkets, but again I haven't yet learned the sleek crafting of decals the way some others around here know how.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Old Murgh wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:26 am

Very funny! Thank you.
:D I thought it had a nice catchy ring to it. Destined for mass popularity!

Do you mean, simply a one-ship single OXP version of the object that is in Vol.4, as is? Sure that would be easy.
Do you mean adapting the ship to fit with the general fleet of chic PROHYPy models? I don't think I have the skillset yet when it comes to the modern threshold of textures and shaders. I had planned to chip away at little remLok survivors and better comms and AI before thinking about those kind of challenges.
I was/am still hopeful that Griff might one day return and stun us with his take on the scene. I hope we haven't ruled that out yet.
A new Lave.oxp should aspire to that level of production values, and I''m just an old dog too set in his ways..

Of course it could be done using existing PROHIP ships, for instance substituting Griff Adders for Trinkets, but again I haven't yet learned the sleek crafting of decals the way some others around here know how.
I'm after oxp's that look more up-to-date, but don't necessarily have Griff's touch.

Especially the Refugee Adder which would look like something stuck together in a backyard workshop, one presumes. I would suspect that your current version - but without the logos - might do just fine. And one presumes, with the workings of the Expansions Manager, once RA is out as an .oxz, the inclusion of RA will just update itself to whatever you end up putting out.

But Digebiti is so slow that I'm sure it can wait for you to finish chipping, if that is your wont! I have a fair number of ideas, but lack the ability to implement any of them...
Comments wanted:
Old Murgh
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by Old Murgh »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:47 am
Especially the Refugee Adder which would look like something stuck together in a backyard workshop, one presumes. I would suspect that your current version - but without the logos - might do just fine. And one presumes, with the workings of the Expansions Manager, once RA is out as an .oxz, the inclusion of RA will just update itself to whatever you end up putting out.

But Digebiti is so slow that I'm sure it can wait for you to finish chipping, if that is your wont! I have a fair number of ideas, but lack the ability to implement any of them...
If there ever was a model to justify primitive modelling skills, this is it, and a handy transitional project for one's journey from the RELOP to PROHIP. The thought is gestating..

Let's see who crosses the finish line first.
Old Murgh
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by Old Murgh »

I sort of did it. A PROHIP xpat.

The only setback is, the model stretch makes the middle section texture of the Griff Adder look comically stretched (certainly when well-lit), which there is no good way to put makeup over. The only solution is to reassign the skin from scratch (which is one of the Griff arts) and lose the inherent graphic touch that the model has. I might be able to patchwork something with the Griff textures I have, but it could take me longer than you finishing Digibiti..
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Old Murgh wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:44 pm

I sort of did it. A PROHIP xpat.

The only setback is, the model stretch makes the middle section texture of the Griff Adder look comically stretched (certainly when well-lit), which there is no good way to put makeup over. The only solution is to reassign the skin from scratch (which is one of the Griff arts) and lose the inherent graphic touch that the model has. I might be able to patchwork something with the Griff textures I have, but it could take me longer than you finishing Digibiti..
But those shots of yours do look good!
Comments wanted:
Old Murgh
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by Old Murgh »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:31 pm
But those shots of yours do look good!
Thanks. It's habitual vanity that prevents me from showing the ugliest possible perspective.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

From the Latest.log just after the game crashed!

Code: Select all

List of oxp's

14:37:07.237 [dataCache.rebuild.pathsChanged] +[ResourceManager checkCacheUpToDateForPaths:] (ResourceManager.m:1156): Cache is stale (search paths have changed). Rebuilding from scratch.
14:37:07.248 [searchPaths.dumpAll] +[ResourceManager logPaths] (ResourceManager.m:2240): Resource paths: 
    /var/folders/6s/ysb64pns7r3472gl73j4zsnc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/042CBE5A-B3CD-4C79-86BF-D15081DA232A/d/Oolite 1.91.app/Contents/Resources
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.DrNil.Commies.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.cag.Telescope.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.Planetfall.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.Engine_Sound.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.SolarFlares.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.ZygoUgo.Asteroids_resources.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.SystemDataConfig.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.market_observer.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.Library.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Ramirez.Dictators.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.TionislaOrbitalGraveyard.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.captain_beatnik.coluber_hud_ch01.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.dertien.Z_GrOovY_SmallSystemStations.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.cag.station_options.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.ILS.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/FontDangerousSquare.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.new-cargoes.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.NoMarketNotification.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/Oolite.oxp.Griff.Hognose.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.EquipmentRemoveItemColor.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.nicksta.primeable-equipment-mfd.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.LogEvents.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Lone_Wolf.NavalGridNext.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Spara.SothisTC.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.systemfeatures.sunspots.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.DeathComms.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Commander_McLane.Anarchies.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.RiskyBusiness.2.0.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.HUDSelector.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.TechnicalReferenceLibrary-1.0.1.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Storm.TionislaChronicleArray.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.DigebitianBroadcastCommsMFD.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.ImperialAstrofactory.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.stranger.SW_Economy.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Killer Wolf.Sothis_station.1_02.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.TionislaOrbitalGraveyard_Monuments.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.ZygoUgo.Explosions.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.behemoth.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.cag.Telescope_Extender.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.AutoPrimeEquipment.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.RepairBots-2.13.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.market_inquirer.oxp
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.capt_murphy.Illegal_Goods_Tweak.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.TionislaOrbitalGraveyard_Shipwrecks.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.zzz.Montana05.griff.hognose.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.StationDockControl.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.ByronArn.AutoRefuel.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.BGS.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.GNN.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.ramirez.Feudal_States.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Draco_Caeles.GenerationShips.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Griff.Station_Bundle.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Ramirez.FuelTank.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.Pagroove.BGSSoundset.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/oolite.oxp.Murgh.IronAssVol4_b1_1024.oxp
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.ships-library free:old.oxp
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/oolite.oxp.Ovvldc.Halsis2BGS.oxp
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/MilitaryTargettingSystemv1.oxp
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/oolite.oxp.Murgh.IronAssLave_b1_1024.oxp
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/oolite.oxp.Arquebus.ContextualJukebox.0.1a.oxp
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/oolite.oxp.Pagroove.FamousPlanets.tweaked.oxp
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/DarkSoul_Nebulae.oxp
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/oolite.oxp.Murgh.IronAssVol1_V.1.0.1_1024_replace.oxp
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.gsagostinho.systemfeatures.rings.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.MaintenanceTuneUp.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/Povray_Planets_Galaxy1_Textures_v1.1.oxp
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/oolite.oxp.cholmondely.Hints.0.094 everything.oxp
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/oolite.oxp.zirael.UsefulMFDs.0.6.oxp
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/oolite.oxp.Pagroove.Superhub.oxp
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/oolite.oxp.Murgh.IronAssVol3_b1_1024.oxp
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/oolite.oxp.Murgh.IronAssVol2_b3_1024.oxp
14:37:07.509 [shipData.load.begin] +[OOShipRegistry(Singleton) allocWithZone:] (OOShipRegistry.m:1698): Loading ship data.

Arriving at Ensoreus

14:55:08.499 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): will exit witchspace
14:55:08.815 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): alert condition changed from 2 to 1
14:55:08.815 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Dodecahedron Station 23915 spawned at 416 km
14:55:08.817 [oxp-standards.deprecated] OOStandardsInternal (OODebugStandards.m:92): system.legacy_addShipsAtPrecisely() is deprecated
14:55:08.940 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 30447 spawned at 444 km
14:55:08.940 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Superhub 4256 spawned at 414 km
14:55:08.940 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Sothis Station 21657 spawned at 421 km
14:55:08.940 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 29351 spawned at 534 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 5080 spawned at 562 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 9416 spawned at 527 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 4104 spawned at 561 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 26412 spawned at 555 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 22795 spawned at 563 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 18818 spawned at 544 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 14791 spawned at 123 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 17626 spawned at 113 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 14135 spawned at 108 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 18059 spawned at 108 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 23565 spawned at 100 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Rock Hermit 22297 spawned at 103 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 9628 spawned at 99 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 6853 spawned at 107 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 13627 spawned at 100 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): GalCop Viper Tank 25122 from GalCop Viper 17991 spawned at 98 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 5715 spawned at 99 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 10996 spawned at 95 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 6007 spawned at 94 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 21466 spawned at 93 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 11889 spawned at 98 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 25299 spawned at 88 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 7931 spawned at 91 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Anaconda 16447 spawned at 100 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 9651 spawned at 89 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 13178 spawned at 88 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 2749 spawned at 88 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 29985 spawned at 93 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 15482 spawned at 82 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 21388 spawned at 79 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 9078 spawned at 77 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 28493 spawned at 76 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 3507 spawned at 75 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 5393 spawned at 82 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Rock Hermit 22636 spawned at 74 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 3187 spawned at 74 km
14:55:08.941 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Cobra Mark III 18728 spawned at 89 km
14:55:08.942 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 4439 spawned at 70 km
14:55:08.942 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 23766 spawned at 67 km
14:55:08.942 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 31125 spawned at 71 km
14:55:08.942 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Asteroid 5039 spawned at 61 km
14:55:08.942 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): GalCop Viper Mark II 30199 spawned at 49 km
14:55:08.942 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): GalCop Viper Tank 22857 spawned at 48 km
14:55:08.942 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): GalCop Viper 28302 spawned at 48 km
14:55:08.942 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): GalCop Viper 19363 spawned at 48 km
14:55:08.942 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Witchpoint Beacon 31279 spawned at 10 km
14:55:09.331 [oxp-standards.deprecated] OOStandardsInternal (OODebugStandards.m:92): The setup_actions ship key is deprecated on Ball Turret.
14:55:09.333 [oxp-standards.deprecated] OOStandardsInternal (OODebugStandards.m:92): The setup_actions ship key is deprecated on Ball Turret.
14:55:09.341 [oxp-standards.deprecated] OOStandardsInternal (OODebugStandards.m:92): The setup_actions ship key is deprecated on GalCop Viper Tank.
14:55:10.525 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): new day 2084014
14:55:11.126 [oxp-standards.deprecated] OOStandardsInternal (OODebugStandards.m:92): system.legacy_addSystemShips() is deprecated
14:55:11.187 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): exited from witchspace
14:55:11.188 [LogEvents] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): compass targeted Ensoreus undefined in mode COMPASS_MODE_PLANET
14:55:12.117 [StationDockControl] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): !!NOTE: Escorts required for 'relop_monitor' (Escorts: 2) but no 'dock' version of the shipdata exists
14:55:12.125 [StationDockControl] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): !!NOTE: Escorts required for 'relop_chuckwalla' (Types: 4, first:escort, max:2, min:-2) but no 'dock' version of the shipdata exists
14:55:12.137 [StationDockControl] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): !!NOTE: Escorts required for 'relop_monitor' (Escorts: 2) but no 'dock' version of the shipdata exists
14:55:12.137 [StationDockControl] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): !!NOTE: Escorts required for 'relop_monitor' (Escorts: 2) but no 'dock' version of the shipdata exists
14:55:12.138 [StationDockControl] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): !!NOTE: Escorts required for 'relop_monitor' (Escorts: 2) but no 'dock' version of the shipdata exists

CRASH!!

I've left out lots of warnings about deprecations, etc which are presumably just warnings rather than anything more serious.
Comments wanted:
Old Murgh
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by Old Murgh »

Cholmondely wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:08 pm
CRASH!!

I've left out lots of warnings about deprecations, etc which are presumably just warnings rather than anything more serious.
Yes my deprecated habits shouldn’t cause crashing, just annoying listspace.

I’m unfamiliar with these demands for «dock» in the last statements. Just because they call for escorts they need not_dock? Crazy. Unless a brain says so, I can’t see my innocuous Ironasses as the culprit.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Old Murgh wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:39 pm
Cholmondely wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:08 pm
CRASH!!

Yes my deprecated habits shouldn’t cause crashing, just annoying listspace.

I’m unfamiliar with these demands for «dock» in the last statements. Just because they call for escorts they need not_dock? Crazy. Unless a brain says so, I can’t see my innocuous Ironasses as the culprit.
I've been finding that v.1.91 crashes regularly when I add in oxp's. Have you tried it out yet?
Comments wanted:
Old Murgh
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by Old Murgh »

Cholmondely wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:47 pm
I've been finding that v.1.91 crashes regularly when I add in oxp's. Have you tried it out yet?
No, I just run regular 1.90 and 1.90 DEV.
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

The [dock] log entries are from phkb's Station Dock Control. The shipdata.plist for that OXZ starts with the following statement.

The only way we can launch an individual version of any of these ships (that is, without escorts) is to create our own shipdata entry. If any other ships are added that have escort roles defined in the original version, they will need to be added here with a "dock_" prefix. It's not critical, though. All that will happen is that some ships might launch that did not show up in the dock list. A message will be displayed in the log files if a ship defined with escorts doesn't have an entry here.

It is easy yet tedious code wise to add extra ships to the Station Dock Control shipdata.plist to avoid these messages popping up in Mr. Latest Log. Look to the entry structure that phkb has created therein to see how it is done. It basically comes down to a lot of copy and paste work between the shipdata.plist files of the OXZ's/OXP's in question. That is pasting into Station Dock Control from whatever ship OXZ/OXP is causing the log entries. As the above opening statement says this is not absolutely necessary unless these messages cause you undue discomfort.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
Old Murgh
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by Old Murgh »

Nite Owl wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:42 pm
The [dock] log entries are from phkb's Station Dock Control.
Ah. Thank you for the exposé.
So even a bombardment of these shouldn't cause a crash..